Semi Auto Rifles must be 3 shot kill max

ShadoWawker
52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
In the new update I have tried out a good amount of the guns (except mmg’s because i hate those they are so boring and dumb)

Ttk is obviously much higher for a majority of weapons, and I am ok with it for the most part because I do think every weapon class should have its niche and excel within its intended range

However the one class I found to be egregiously bad is the semi auto rifles these must be buffed. They are intended to be strong at long ranges, yet require 4 body shots to kill which is unacceptable.

With the longer time between shots and the amount you need to adjust your aim at those long ranges these cannot take more than 3 body shots to kill otherwise way too many fights are left unfinished and people get away from you constantly after being hit 3 times which is insane and appalling.

It makes sense that these guns cannot compete with self loading rifles in recon but those are 2 shot kills, 3 would be weaker than that but still fair and viable. If they remain at 4 there is no reason at all to use these at their intended range because you will get dumped on every time by the recon class

And if you use them in shorter ranges then you’ll get destroyed by other weapon types which means semi autos are useless at all ranges

Comments

• hkspm123
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    so does smg ,cqb is only on par with stg whats the point when smg does pee damage at 40m, i could just shoot my revolver for easy 28 and kill prone camper with 2headshot. Well except for type100 , extremely accurate hipfire and ad spam while hipfire
  • talhaONE
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (except mmg’s because i hate those they are so boring and dumb)
    The guy who hates mmgs want buff for semi autos? Yeah sure buddy.

• ShadoWawker
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You are not supposed to outgun recon at long range though.

Did you not read my post?
  • VoidReaper007
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You mean you can't land 4 shots at range, adjusting for velocity against a target spazzing and sliding all over the terrain?
  • ShadoWawker
    talhaONE wrote: »

Mmg’s promote a camping and trash playstyle laying down with a bipod. If they could ads normally I would use them but right now the only way to use mmg is to be boring.

Semi auto is a normal gun and playstyle is like the others buddy
  • ShadoWawker
    (Quote)
    Like I said, assault is not supposed to be effective at long range. So any claim that SAR is a long range type of weapon makes 0 sense. Try midrange and apparently there is no issue here.

The full auto AR is made for mid range not the SA, which is clearly meant to be effective at longer range due to the precision required and slow fire rate

And i clearly stated that it should not compete with the recon class and needs to be weaker, but it also needs to be viable which means 3 shot kill.
  • Cerben1
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    think all guns need tweaking as the support kit is useless now the medic kit is not good in cqb and the actionman meta has to go. some changes to all semi autos need to be implemented as they are way to good. recons pistol carbines nedds to be tweaked as well they are worse then regular pistols now at range 
  • NLBartmaN
    4119 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm killed lots of players with Selbstlader m1916 yesterday and had no problem doing that fast (I think 3 BTK with at least one HS in it), unless I tried to kill a sniper at longer range.
  • talhaONE
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE wrote: »

Mmg’s promote a camping and trash playstyle laying down with a bipod. If they could ads normally I would use them but right now the only way to use mmg is to be boring.

Semi auto is a normal gun and playstyle is like the others buddy

Trash playstyle maybe but camping is up to you. No one is forcing you sit in the same place all day long.
  • Riflen
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Semi-Auto Rifles were completely OP on most of the maps for the first year of this game's life. They were better long range weapons than were available to Recon for a start and in many cases could also compete at very close ranges. Just because this was how it was, does not mean it's how it should be. Considerable balance changes after 1 year are not a problem. This game is intended to have a 3 year life after all.
    Now, there definitely needs to be some attention paid by DICE to some weapons that have really suffered in 5.2, but these will come soon enough.
    The SAR are now weapons that you have to aim for the head with. Once you make that adjustment, you will find you are winning a lot of engagements again. If you want easy-mode centre mass mag dump, you have the STG44 which is very strong now. In extreme <15m range, you have some very good sidearms. BFV assault with SAR now plays a bit more like BF1 medic, minus the infinite health obviously.

• VincentNZ
    3875 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You are not supposed to outgun recon at long range though.

Did you not read my post?
    Like I said, assault is not supposed to be effective at long range. So any claim that SAR is a long range type of weapon makes 0 sense. Try midrange and apparently there is no issue here.

Well, that is a question of definition, right? In a game where sightlines and engagement ranges can really be anything from 0-300m the definition of long range can be a bit hazy, won't you agree? Take E on Fjell for example, the maximum engagement range on this objective is about 100m. What is that? Medium? Long? Very long?
    In a game with where a 3x scope is a regular occurence I would argue it is just where long range starts, as otherwise you are aiming at pixels. Are the BAs and BACs feasible there. Yep. As are SLRs. Are SARs feasible their now? No not really, as you will need pristine accuracy and a long time to kill something at that range.
    Judging by the effective ranges DICE intended for the weapons we can deduce that it is 0-20m for SMGs, 10-30m for the ARs and so on. For them long range starts at 50m, which I find laughable. We are playing maps like Panzerstorm not Pearl Market. 50m does not even cover most objective ranges, let alone any regular sightline on any map, bar Metro. That is why their whole TTK rework makes no sense.
  • Kunstula
    458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If semi-auto rifles were 3HK then they would be better than scout weapons, actually they already are.
    Assault SAR's already have higher muzzle velocity than scout weapons, which is absurd. They also have far less recoil than SLR's, thus making them much easier for quick accurate successive hits. Making them 3HK on top of that would mean that scout's SLR's and bolt action rifles need a substantial damage and muzzle velocity buff.

For SAR's to be 3HK they would also need a massive recoil increase to offset this and lower muzzle velocity than scout rifles to prevent them from having an easier time landing hits compared to the scout at long range.

• BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You're fighting outside your intended engagement range if it requires 4 bullet kill. try to land a headshot so it's still a 3 bullet kill at longer ranges. Those guns should never of been made to be better than the recon weapons. 
  • DRUNKMONKEY9821
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Or make the bullet drop off on semi rifle lower instead.
  • wasp9166
    311 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    just use a pistol ,cuz dice
  • VincentNZ
    3875 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You're fighting outside your intended engagement range if it requires 4 bullet kill. try to land a headshot so it's still a 3 bullet kill at longer ranges. Those guns should never of been made to be better than the recon weapons. 

That'd be 50m, or 25m for the M1. Or in perspective, A on Arras from supply station to bridge or 5m shy of the whole length of the barn. Also, if it simply takes headshots to kill, why does not everyone play BAs, as they have instant TTK at all ranges?
  • AgentDeath1
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think where Semi-auto's were at previously was pretty decent. But really, the Garand needs to be a 3 btk unless extreme range targets. The Breda needs to be a 4btk up close, okay with 5 at much longer distances. The M1A1, one less BTK, the G43, one-less BTK. I don't mind damage drop-offs, but to get melted still at medium range with these crappy ROF decreases sucks. We don't need more ammo, just 1 less btk, please and thanks.
  • DingoKillr
    3930 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think where Semi-auto's were at previously was pretty decent. But really, the Garand needs to be a 3 btk unless extreme range targets. The Breda needs to be a 4btk up close, okay with 5 at much longer distances. The M1A1, one less BTK, the G43, one-less BTK. I don't mind damage drop-offs, but to get melted still at medium range with these crappy ROF decreases sucks. We don't need more ammo, just 1 less btk, please and thanks.

The Bread is a AR not a SAR.