What do you guys think of the Fliegerfaust after patch.

Comments

• jroggs
    1196 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I wish they'd increased the velocity to give a reasonable chance for skill shots on planes not flying directly at you. But the nerf wasn't too bad in the brief time I tried it out.
  • RayD_O1
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well I played some rounds yesterday, and in the Pacific storm map, I got most of this weeks "kill 50 people attacking or defending objectives" challenge killing planes with Fliegerfaust on the defense objectives.
    Now don't get me wrong it is nerfed significantly, you have to line up both volleys perfectly and the plane has to be failry close for a oneshot kill. Which is quite possible in that map where planes keep doing sorties all the time. 
    Although I have started to see more skilled pilots just flying up way too high and not getting too near capture points and basically negating any use of that gadget. So you can still punish spawn point pickers but you have to keep your gaze up, because you(at least in my case) only hear the plane when it is just above your head and at that point the bomb is already launched and it is too late.
    The range increase is completely redundant as there is no way in hell you can hit a plane on longer ranges even if it is effective, it is hard to hit them with bullets sometimes.
    The range increase is indeed meaningless and if you do manage to hit at long range it is more as a result of good luck than good judgement.
  • zetamen21
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now is useless. With current damage range plane easy kill attacker. I prefer more range with less damage.
  • VRtroper
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is not the companion weapon, both teams have airplanes and AA. The real problem is that nobody makes proper use of these tools because they prefer to dedicate their time to killing infantry or throwing flares into the sky to be the one that kills the server the most.

I am a player capable of staying the whole game in an AA if I see that the planes surpass us and are killing us.

Gentlemen, the planes are there to fight and not just to take bombers and throw bombs at people.

We set the limits ourselves but we don't know how to use them correctly.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:
    SirBobdk said:
    I see, man I wish I could have an FF instead of mines as a tanker. I really don't get anything form infantry play in this game, but I even tried assault, which my well be my first actual time ever in this game to use the new FF. I had to dedicate the match to the one job, but I could see it helped. Thing is, unless I'm nuked in my tank, I'm stuck with repairing it all day. 

Well, they could change the upgrade  tree, so you choose to have a mounted FF instead of the top gunner MG. That could work imo.
    Yeah the game needs an option to take a mobile AA tank instead of a regular tank like how soldiers can choose the FF over the Panzerfaust.  Some day.  
    Pacific only gets the LVT AA, it's not really the same thing unless I missed something? On this, taking that over a tank can leave your side without any armour vs several on breakthrough. 
  • RayD_O1
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 said:
    The thing that really gets me down, is the constant state battlefield seems to be in now where so many things keep changing back and forth from OP to obsolete or somewhere between. Then they add loads of new changes that will undergo the same swing of the pendulum. Zero consistency and often I feel zero thought.

You might enjoy an aspect of the game to have it smashed before you.
    Yeah we need some stability.
    Yea, totally I was really enjoying pacific. 
    Yeah me too, when they introduced the Pacific maps the game really picked up. It has been less enjoyable recently
    since they overnerfed the FF and planes are dominating again. 
  • MBT_Layzan
    2460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 said:
    RayD_O1 said:
    The thing that really gets me down, is the constant state battlefield seems to be in now where so many things keep changing back and forth from OP to obsolete or somewhere between. Then they add loads of new changes that will undergo the same swing of the pendulum. Zero consistency and often I feel zero thought.

You might enjoy an aspect of the game to have it smashed before you.
    Yeah we need some stability.
    Yea, totally I was really enjoying pacific. 
    Yeah me too, when they introduced the Pacific maps the game really picked up. It has been less enjoyable recently
    since they overnerfed the FF and planes are dominating again. 
    Agreed. 
  • hawkseye17
    586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Way too long range. I'm getting sniped by it now on my way to resupply 
  • ChickenCatchh
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 said:
    I personally think they have gone too far with the nerf and it only feels about 30% as effective as it was before the patch.

Increasing the projectile range from 300m to 600m is fairly meaningless as it so much more difficult to damage planes now
    at any range compared to pre patch 

You used to be able to carry 4 salvos that is reduced to 3.

I found I was causing 35 damage at times today where I would previously have had 90 damage. Many times there was no damage
    at all where previously there would have been. It feels really hit and miss now (pun intended) and a lot more random.

I really feel the pilots will love this change to the FF but I personally doubt any others will like it. It may have been classed as OP
    before but I really think it is pretty lame now.

These are only my findings and personal opinions after day one, but I would really like to hear what you guys think of the FF now.
    a few hours ago i tried to use the fliegerfaust for the first time. ( always using the panzer instead ) but since my team didnt do anything about the planes i tried the weapon for my self. my first hit was  a 85 though. 2nd one showed ''2'' damage xD it looked like a direct hit to me. like right on the cokpit (i know i spelled it wrong. inbefore ban because of ''curse'' words.) he was shooting at me so that might had something to do with it though. 
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Well I played some rounds yesterday, and in the Pacific storm map, I got most of this weeks "kill 50 people attacking or defending objectives" challenge killing planes with Fliegerfaust on the defense objectives.
    Now don't get me wrong it is nerfed significantly, you have to line up both volleys perfectly and the plane has to be failry close for a oneshot kill. Which is quite possible in that map where planes keep doing sorties all the time. 
    Although I have started to see more skilled pilots just flying up way too high and not getting too near capture points and basically negating any use of that gadget. So you can still punish spawn point pickers but you have to keep your gaze up, because you(at least in my case) only hear the plane when it is just above your head and at that point the bomb is already launched and it is too late.
    The range increase is completely redundant as there is no way in hell you can hit a plane on longer ranges even if it is effective, it is hard to hit them with bullets sometimes.
    I have no trouble at all hitting distant planes (bombers are a VERY easy target with the extended range), unless the pilot is really skilled and uses very unpredictable moves, but I should not be able to hit skilled pilots with ease, so I have no problem with that.

I fly a lot with planes in BF V and the movement is very basic and predictable, it took some practicing for the right timing but most rockets for me do hit right now.
    How distant ? 
    Also if you are getting 1 hit kills consistently at longer ranges then you must be a god at this game, which doesn't validate the range increase because majority of the player skill level vary between bad - average - good but exceptional skill is very rare.

Simply taking the planes trajectory into account doesn't always result in a hit though, because the netcode isn't that good. 
  • RayD_O1
    NLBartmaN said:
    I have no trouble at all hitting distant planes (bombers are a VERY easy target with the extended range), unless the pilot is really skilled and uses very unpredictable moves, but I should not be able to hit skilled pilots with ease, so I have no problem with that.

I fly a lot with planes in BF V and the movement is very basic and predictable, it took some practicing for the right timing but most rockets for me do hit right now.
    How distant ? 
    Also if you are getting 1 hit kills consistently at longer ranges then you must be a god at this game, which doesn't validate the range increase because majority of the player skill level vary between bad - average - good but exceptional skill is very rare.

Simply taking the planes trajectory into account doesn't always result in a hit though, because the netcode isn't that good. 
    I am finding it nigh on impossible to hit planes at long range and when I do I only do minimal damage.
  • MBT_Layzan
    NLBartmaN said:

How distant ? 

I think it's safe to say that the FF is not cutting the butter. If it was esp at long range, you would hear about it on this forum from pilots, believe. 
  • SirBobdk
    5065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I think it's safe to say that the FF is not cutting the butter. If it was esp at long range, you would hear about it on this forum from pilots, believe. 
    Just got shoot down 4 times while dogfighting. Someone knows how to use the FF.

• RayD_O1
    SirBobdk said:

As you were dogfighting can I ask had you taken much damage already before being shot down by the FF.

The reason I ask is because that is mostly the only time I can score a kill now with the FF.
  • SirBobdk
    5065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 said:
    SirBobdk said:

As you were dogfighting can I ask had you taken much damage already before being shot down by the FF.

The reason I ask is because that is mostly the only time I can score a kill now with the FF.

2 times I had received damage from enemy plane and the FF killed me.
    2 times one FF damaged me and the next finished me off.
    I'm beginning to think the FF is not that bad, but it requires teamwork.
  • MBT_Layzan
    SirBobdk said:
    RayD_O1 said:
    SirBobdk said:

Well time will tell I guess. Next time you see them tell them to come join my games. :)
  • RayD_O1
    NLBartmaN said:

How distant ? 

Very true, especially as most pilots on here have admitted it has been overnerfed and  is no threat to skilled pilots. 
  • RayD_O1
    SirBobdk said:
    RayD_O1 said:
    SirBobdk said:

Thanks for the info that makes sense.  Unfortunately teamwork is less likely now as fewer players are carrying 
    the FF after the patch. IMO the nerfs they made to the FF are not balanced by the increase in range,. I have tested
    it a lot and overall I don't find the FF to be an effective counter to the planes who appear to be dominating again.

I personally would like them to have another look at the FF with a view to making it more effective without making
    it OP.

• LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Pacific only gets the LVT AA, it's not really the same thing unless I missed something? On this, taking that over a tank can leave your side without any armour vs several on breakthrough. 

I have much more success taking out planes with the LVT/Ka Mi than i ever did in europe with the AA tanks.

In pacific, only fighters, and they fly low. Very easy to kill with the HMG variant. And, since few realize this, they (pilots) are not even aware of what’s shredding them. The confusion is obvious, they’re not sure where to go, making killing them even easier. Also when your team fliegs you can easily finish off wounded planes in a little burst of HMG fire.
  • R0gueWarrior
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I used it a lot before 5.2. I say put it back to a three round volley instead of two, bump the reload time up a quarter second and call it a day!!