So DICE we gonna just let Breakthrough be a Infantry farming simulator for planes?

Comments

• okiie_918
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm personally aiming for tanks and having a blast btw! Love the new plane meta! Lol ;)
  • trip1ex
    5080 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    there are at least  5 other modes with no planes whatsoever.    There's Conquest.  Half of the maps at least on Conquest have no planes.  Even on BT, half the maps have no planes.  Nevermind half the time the airpower favors your team.   some of you are really doing your best to make something out of nothing.   
  • ragnarok013
    3654 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I think the communities general upset with infantry- plane balance seems to stem from the idea that 1 player should be able to counter a plane alone, which is just weird to me.

Bad company 2 -> Two or three players had to focus on choppers to bring them down.

BF3 -> Three to four players had to focus on anti- air to combat jets and choppers.

BF4 -> Three to four players had to focus on anti air to combat jets and choppers.

BF Hardline -> Two to three players had to focus on choppers to bring them down.

BF1 -> No idea, first BF game since 1942 that didn't grab me, put it down ~2 weeks after launch.

Now here we are at BF5, where it takes 3-4 players focusing on anti- air to combat planes.

It seems fine to me... if planes are farming your team, equip the FF, and go find an AA canon, and farm the planes back!

In BF3 (post Armored Kill) and BF4 I routinely killed choppers by myself with Stinger\Igla, planes on the other hands always popped flares and ran out of the engagement areas. If you had a Javelin with laser designator it was even easier.
  • ChickenTheTank
    827 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    (Quote)

In BF3 (post Armored Kill) and BF4 I routinely killed choppers by myself with Stinger\Igla, planes on the other hands always popped flares and ran out of the engagement areas. If you had a Javelin with laser designator it was even easier.

So you successfully dealt with choppers, but needed more guys helping you to deal with planes.

Almost like in BF3 and BF4 you needed 3-4 guys focusing on anti- air to combat jets and choppers (notice... and).

Which is what I said......
  • hawkseye17
    586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the communities general upset with infantry- plane balance seems to stem from the idea that 1 player should be able to counter a plane alone, which is just weird to me.

Bad company 2 -> Two or three players had to focus on choppers to bring them down.

BF3 -> Three to four players had to focus on anti- air to combat jets and choppers.

BF4 -> Three to four players had to focus on anti air to combat jets and choppers.

BF Hardline -> Two to three players had to focus on choppers to bring them down.

BF1 -> No idea, first BF game since 1942 that didn't grab me, put it down ~2 weeks after launch.

Now here we are at BF5, where it takes 3-4 players focusing on anti- air to combat planes.

It seems fine to me... if planes are farming your team, equip the FF, and go find an AA canon, and farm the planes back!
    In BF3, one or two with an Igla/Stinger could down aircraft 

In BF4, it was 2 or 3

In BFH, it really depended on finding a Stinger

In BF1, one or two people with the AA rocket gun or one person with the AA stationary could take down a plane. 

In BFV (right now), 2 with a Fleiger or one with AA and another with a Fleiger can take a plane down. 
  • warriorjoy
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA does this every time
    The pilots whine and they suddenly become invulnerable to everything except other pilots.
    (Who are also just reaping kills and leaving the opposition pilots alone)
    Just finished a game of Breakthrough where 1 pilot ran 70+ kills to 1 death.  
    He had 18 before we hit the beaches of Iwo Jima

1. If you want people to team up to take down a plane, fine, but then reduce the damn respawn time, it is way too fast for such a powerful piece of equipment
    2. If as someone pointed out 1 AA cant take out a plane as it is historically inacurrate, then fine, put more AA's on the field of play, in groupings
    3. Make their reload and heal speed much slower, it is quicker and easier than infantry
    4. There are 30 other players playing this game per team, stop letting the pilots whine and get whatever they want, or just give them high altitude bombers and nukes and be done with it.
    5. Lastly for those who say just carry everyone just play Assault and carry a FF, well surprisingly you may need other tools, or want to play other classes rather than have to spend the whole game using a pea shooter against the aircraft

Recommendations
    1. Strengthen the AA guns and have them in groups of 2, 3 and 4.  (Not the slow firing ones)
    2. Limit the respawn of aircraft to 5 minutes after death
    3. For repair planes should have to land, and taxi to repair station
    4. Leave the FF as it is

Lastly EA remember there are other non pilots trying to play the game, stop doing this every bloody game

WarriorJoy

• warriorjoy
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

If that how EA wants it then fine, but then slow down there ability to repair and the bloody respawn rate. 
    It is idiotic, fly off heal, reload and then bomb. 
  • ProAssassin2003
    3780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Used Mobile AA what a joke that is. Destroys Infantry but the Range is so trash and the Round velocity so slow now it's useless against planes. They nerfed it into the ground. Now the Fliegerfaust shoots so slow and has such a Gap between shots no plane is effected at all. You just have to hope the plane is Hurt or someone else is shooting at it.

Breakthrough is terrible now. Back to Conquest I guess.

DICE nerfed the ROF for the Mobile AA without considering how that effects it against Planes. Idiots

Wake Island will be a Nightmare on Breakthrough.
  • F1sherOrigin
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Never got any problems with planes in BFV whatsoever. After the horrors of BF 3 and 4, these planes are just harmless buzzing insects.
  • TFBisquit
    2099 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Simple solution is to avoid those maps, like with fjell.
  • Hawxxeye
    6865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Never got any problems with planes in BFV whatsoever. After the horrors of BF 3 and 4, these planes are just harmless buzzing insects.
    I still have PTSD from  BF3/4 planes

• olavafar
    2168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's depressing. It was bad enough before, now with the FF being hardly ever seen these days it's as you say, A farming simulator. But it's not just infantry, it's the tanks, they are so vulnerable now due to the over the top broken spotting crap they just push on us for the Christmas newbs. 

No exaggeration, as soon as you take some damage, your then finished off by a plane so many times. You might beat that tank, but your most likely be on half/low health and again, that plane.... Or they just one hit kill you on full health.

It's too easy for them. What idiot thought giving them a sight was needed?   
    Well I was in a game with you yesterday and you got off with some 32-0 in your tank in that game (this was a CQ game) so it does not seems to be that bad from a tankers perspective. My friend tanker had a similar k/d in our team. I was actually looking for you but I could not find you, got some other MBT guy who was also in a tank though. No pilot in that game was close to those kind of  'farming' numbers. Pilots in your team did a good job of keeping me busy with air to air combat and then one do not have that much time for scouting for tanks. After all tanks are low priority targets for pilots. Not much of a threat and hard to take out (compared to infantry or planes which are both a threat and are easier to take out).
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2104 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im not finding it anywhere near as bad as BF1.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

In BF3, one or two with an Igla/Stinger could down aircraft 

In BF4, it was 2 or 3

In BFH, it really depended on finding a Stinger

In BF1, one or two people with the AA rocket gun or one person with the AA stationary could take down a plane. 

In BFV (right now), 2 with a Fleiger or one with AA and another with a Fleiger can take a plane down. 

To add to that: The list of the former poster does not add up.
    - Jets were simply untouchable in BF3, Choppers mostly, too. However there was a viable tool on many maps and that was the MAA, to combat at least choppers.
    - In BF4 the situation was better as jets were still untouchable by infantry, yet choppers were, the planes themselves were limited in their ground interaction and we also had capable MAA that at least served as an Area Denial tool.
    - In BF1 you could doe decent damage to planes even with their primaries, and their speed and altitude was sub-par. You did not have regular MAAs on the maps so that created an issue.
    - In BFV we have nothing of that kind. We do not have MAAs on the maps, even though the plane numbers are high. Plane numbers are high, there is free plane choice, primaries do not do enough damage and the FF can not as an area denial tool just as a kill tool.
    - BFH did not have jets.
    This is another issue, previous BFs had another vehicle class between ground and air, that could be interacted with and that acted as sort of AA and AntiGround.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar said:
    It's depressing. It was bad enough before, now with the FF being hardly ever seen these days it's as you say, A farming simulator. But it's not just infantry, it's the tanks, they are so vulnerable now due to the over the top broken spotting crap they just push on us for the Christmas newbs. 

No exaggeration, as soon as you take some damage, your then finished off by a plane so many times. You might beat that tank, but your most likely be on half/low health and again, that plane.... Or they just one hit kill you on full health.

It's too easy for them. What idiot thought giving them a sight was needed?   
    Well I was in a game with you yesterday and you got off with some 32-0 in your tank in that game (this was a CQ game) so it does not seems to be that bad from a tankers perspective. My friend tanker had a similar k/d in our team. I was actually looking for you but I could not find you, got some other MBT guy who was also in a tank though. No pilot in that game was close to those kind of  'farming' numbers. Pilots in your team did a good job of keeping me busy with air to air combat and then one do not have that much time for scouting for tanks. After all tanks are low priority targets for pilots. Not much of a threat and hard to take out (compared to infantry or planes which are both a threat and are easier to take out).
    CQ ain't so bad. But that guy you did kill was my house mate. And the poor guy hardly plays BFV. I played last night on his day off, and had a really hard time in tanks because the pilots are often out to try and get me, like you were, and hammer him. He was one hit killed last night on pacific storm and was like "what!?, how did that happen"? Many a time planes kept taking chunks out of him and what I describe so often was happening to him for many a match. He was like "what the hell do you do against that?" I replied "it's down to our planes". He wants to PFTO, but instead he's getting wiped out or stuck fixing up most of the round.

He would get in a fight with a tank and there comes MR plane to wipe him out, probably looking for me because I just nailed him from his 20-0 run against infantry. I explained you have to pick at the targets now, like do a little damage, while keeping an eye out for MR plane because if your on something like 80% health, your ripe for eating. You need to try and stay at 100% so you can take the 90+ damage that comes from nowhere if he doesn't OHK you, (Mr plane). And your need the the emergency repair to take you back to say 40%, because after MR plane, a bird dropping will finish you off. Then your have to get out an do the rest yourself if you are not near a depot. By the end of the evening he fully understood what I'm trying to get many on this forum too about tanking vs able pilots on pacific after these crap changes.     

I did warn him. If you roll with a tank that becomes a priority target, all other tanks get it in the neck because pilots like you, will switch up and target them. CQ ain't so bad because there are many tanks, so the other poor guys get popped left and right, while I slip between what little cover there is and murder ground units within prox of a depot. That said, if it's a really good pilot, the tanking is over period. Time to find another server.   
  • spychodelics
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Somehow i see the whole enemy team whining about airplanes, but only one or maybe two players equip the FF.

Because the want to shoot on tanks with the Panzerfaust.  So there is the problem, they whine but they dont choose their utilities right. Priorities ....
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Somehow i see the whole enemy team whining about airplanes, but only one or maybe two players equip the FF.

Because the want to shoot on tanks with the Panzerfaust.  So there is the problem, they whine but they dont choose their utilities right. Priorities ....

Yeah, well you have to consider the choices. We have four classes, and the class with the FF also has two other gadget choices. So assuming equal distribution, you can only calculate 8.3% the team having the FF equipped, not including pilots and tankers on the map, meaning 3-4 guys. These need to be able to down planes realistically for a gadget to work.
  • RayD_O1
    1122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hardly anyone is equipping the FF now because it is no longer effective since it was over nerfed.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2104 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 said:

Hardly anyone is equipping the FF now because it is no longer effective since it was over nerfed.
    True, but there are what 1 or 2 planes per map.  All it would take is 3 or 4 players to bother to try and take them out and they would be having a much harder time of it. The tools are there, even if they arent as effective as they could/should be
  • olavafar
    2168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 said:

I do and I still shoot down planes. It is slightly harder to use but one learns and I slowly start to appreciate this 'nerf' because I can now more consistently take out a plane myself as I can land two bursts instead of just one. One needs to shoot at the plane when it is incoming and then one have the time to fire again while it is pulling up.