What do you guys think of the Fliegerfaust after patch.

Comments

• SirBobdk
    5023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I used it a lot before 5.2. I say put it back to a three round volley instead of two, bump the reload time up a quarter second and call it a day!!
    If you do that you should also reverse the 20mm.

• IsoHinuri
    22 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think flieger went down the toilet, it´s really hard to hit anything with that thing. Range buff was nothing since it´s so damn hard to hit distance targets. My two cents.
  • Kebasa
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's useless now against a pilot that doesn't fly in straight lines and stays far away enough from the ground. They can drop bombs easily from high altitude now, thanks to the new easy mode bombing sight. 
  • Kebasa
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I get constantly +100 damage but not quite enough to destroy the plane, they dropped their bombs already, they will be too far to hit after I have reloaded and already fixing their plane & getting new bombs
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Well I played some rounds yesterday, and in the Pacific storm map, I got most of this weeks "kill 50 people attacking or defending objectives" challenge killing planes with Fliegerfaust on the defense objectives.
    Now don't get me wrong it is nerfed significantly, you have to line up both volleys perfectly and the plane has to be failry close for a oneshot kill. Which is quite possible in that map where planes keep doing sorties all the time. 
    Although I have started to see more skilled pilots just flying up way too high and not getting too near capture points and basically negating any use of that gadget. So you can still punish spawn point pickers but you have to keep your gaze up, because you(at least in my case) only hear the plane when it is just above your head and at that point the bomb is already launched and it is too late.
    The range increase is completely redundant as there is no way in hell you can hit a plane on longer ranges even if it is effective, it is hard to hit them with bullets sometimes.
    I have no trouble at all hitting distant planes (bombers are a VERY easy target with the extended range), unless the pilot is really skilled and uses very unpredictable moves, but I should not be able to hit skilled pilots with ease, so I have no problem with that.

I fly a lot with planes in BF V and the movement is very basic and predictable, it took some practicing for the right timing but most rockets for me do hit right now.
    How distant ? 
    Also if you are getting 1 hit kills consistently at longer ranges then you must be a god at this game, which doesn't validate the range increase because majority of the player skill level vary between bad - average - good but exceptional skill is very rare.

Simply taking the planes trajectory into account doesn't always result in a hit though, because the netcode isn't that good. 
     If it was esp at long range, you would hear about it on this forum from pilots, believe. 
    Exactly.

We were hearing about it alot when it was released initially. Why ? Because people were consistently downing pilots. 
    Imagine that thing being effective on longer ranges. Yes, these boards would be swarmed with threads of outrage.

I guess the definition of "effective" seems to be the problem.

• RayD_O1
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    okiie_918 wrote: »
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    It's killing any joy in tanking on pacific. I'm getting hammered and bombed all match, nothing is stopping the planes from doing this unless they are rubbish pilots. I miss terribly the BF3 design where i could at least use some personal AA to try to ward of air. Or contribute something to make it easier for my team to do so. All this attrition, exit animation, no engineer class, it all adds up and makes it utterly miserable when you are faced with pilots that target tanks all match and know how to do so.

Pilots would go supernova if they were dealing with this BS.  

Your right the fighters on Pacific is a bit much with the bombs so powerful! But so is everything else shooting at the planes. An aa tank is needed for sure! So I can blow the hell out of those as well lol!

there is an AA tank and its useless. Its way more effective farming infantry from across the map. As far as anti air and noobs, i can easily go 60-0 in a plane and i love flying. But AA is useless when they are static positions you can destroy easily even when manned. Bombs are OHK to tanks if you can aim, and FF are far less effective to anyone who adapted to when they were deadlier. Again, I love flying and Im good at it but its not balanced atm. Ground players in the pacific are getting hammered.
    That is my experience on the Pacific maps since the last update.
  • VOLBANKER
    1586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Did you guys notice that after 5.2 you can't resupply so often at ammo stations as before?
    Waiting period is really long now.
    Effectively that's a nerf to i.e. the Fligerfaust.
    Once you've resupplied your measly two FF shots, have fun twiddling your thumbs until you can resupply again.
  • RayD_O1
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    Did you guys notice that after 5.2 you can't resupply so often at ammo stations as before?
    Waiting period is really long now.
    Effectively that's a nerf to i.e. the Fligerfaust.
    Once you've resupplied your measly two FF shots, have fun twiddling your thumbs until you can resupply again.
    Yep I noticed that, I think they want the FF to be come extinct as it has become so ineffective now.
  • ShotgunAZ
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok...now that I've tried the Fleigergaust I can officially say it is worthless.  Dice might as well remove it from the game - I get more done holding the hammer.  I've blasted the planes spot-on and best I got was 35 damage.  The planes don't need to fly low so they won't take full damage.  Planes once again have no fear and destroy the infantry.  I am now looking for maps without planes...the experience is THAT BAD.
  • SirBobdk
    5023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The FF almost didn't effect the best pilots pre patch and this has not change with 5.2.
    I get shoot down just as many times by FF now as before in pacific fighters.
    And if I get to close to ground at get hit I receive 70-90 damage making me an easy target for the next hit.
    Its not as bad as people claim, but people forget that pre patch LOTS of players were using it, and numbers count against planes.
    If the same numbers was using it now I would bet the same amount of planes would go down and with the increased range it would even be possible to get the "pro" pilots.
    All it did was making it hard for inexperienced pilots who made no difference and who were nevertheless shot down by the experienced pilots.
    And with the short range it was no counter to bombers.
    The big change was the nerf of the 20mm and fire bombs on the pacific maps. 
    Increasing the range was the right thing to do, also going from 3 to 2 salvos, but the reload time and number of rocket you spawn with should be change back imo. 
    Think Dice maybe should try increasing the damage spread a little but not back to pre patch due to the increased range. Most players are not good enough to aim with it, but I have felt what the skilled one can do.
  • VOLBANKER
    1586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The FF works fine even after the nerf, but not on it’s own - use it in cooperation with SAA.

Multiple FF might also be effective when used together. I haven’t tried that though, so I can’t say for sure.

What I don’t understand is why an incredibly low flying plane can’t get downed by just a single FF hit. It seems unrealistic it can just fly on unaffected.
  • SirBobdk
    edited December 2019
    VOLBANKER said:

What I don’t understand is why an incredibly low flying plane can’t get downed by just a single FF hit. It seems unrealistic it can just fly on unaffected.
    It still does 70-90 damage, but I agree that the FF should melt a plane if it's straight over your head.
    Those pilots who think they can fly close up to infantry using 20mm and bombs should be totally wiped out.
    But with very limited range. Not like pre patch.
  • NLBartmaN
    4463 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One round we totally destroyed the enemy airforce on the Pacific yesterday with some other player and both of us using the FF and a resupply crate at our feet.

2 players working together and planes have no chance at all against the FF, the extended range really makes it easy mode.
    It is kind of funny, they nerf the range of all the guns and they extend the range of the FF  :D

Planes can now be hit before the pilot can even see the player holding and shooting the FF on console.
  • VOLBANKER
    That sounds promising, NL :) 
  • spychodelics
    330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    One round we totally destroyed the enemy airforce on the Pacific yesterday with some other player and both of us using the FF and a resupply crate at our feet.

2 players working together and planes have no chance at all against the FF, the extended range really makes it easy mode.
    It is kind of funny, they nerf the range of all the guns and they extend the range of the FF  :D

Planes can now be hit before the pilot can even see the player holding and shooting the FF on console.

We sit at the resupply station with 2 or 3 resupply crates, and we work with 1 or 2 squads, the new FF is great, with this new distance and some "brain" you can hit enemy airplanes far away. 

My squadmates and i love it! 

But there is the catch, you have to play together!
  • RayD_O1
    SirBobdk said:
    VOLBANKER said:

It still does 70-90 damage, but I agree that the FF should melt a plane if it's straight over your head.
    Those pilots who think they can fly close up to infantry using 20mm and bombs should be totally wiped out.
    But with very limited range. Not like pre patch.
    Fair comment.
  • RayD_O1
    I notice there is no mention of the FF being adjusted in the proposed upcoming hotfix. 
    Guess the plane domination on Pacific maps is set to continue.
  • PrecisionWing
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 wrote: »
    I notice there is no mention of the FF being adjusted in the proposed upcoming hotfix. 

They also nerfed planes, shall we reverse that as well?
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 wrote: »

They also nerfed planes, shall we reverse that as well?

They nerfed two planes. Yeah, sure whatever.