So... Is it bad?

SixTouge
352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I've been away from BF for a while, on a little Madden hiatus. I was worried about the 5.2 patch, and I fear I'll be coming back to a game I no longer recognize or enjoy. What do the Xbox people think? Good/bad of 5.2? MMG user feedback?

Comments

• d3monkid12
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Think about their track record. Every time they try to fix something, the screw something else up. So to answer your question, yes, it's still bad. And it doesn't matter which weapon you use
  • huginn123
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes it is very bad you can tell that they did this patch for the newbies coming into the game so they can have pie Christmas sales the only good coming out of this soon we'll be able to have our own private servers so are we able to create our hardcore matches and like the nude stick to the EA servers
  • shadowhammer1738
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    can we all agree that there are not good enough items in the game to kill tanks? If you have some sort of skill and are not dumb u can kill entire teams in a tank
    in my opinion, they need to fix this

• Mishkin37
    797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SixTouge wrote: »
    I've been away from BF for a while, on a little Madden hiatus. I was worried about the 5.2 patch, and I fear I'll be coming back to a game I no longer recognize or enjoy. What do the Xbox people think? Good/bad of 5.2? MMG user feedback?

Guns are definitely weaker at range.

You have time to take a shot or 2 and find cover now.

Some guns feel neutered (trench carbine).

I don’t use MMGs, so I don’t know.

I think I’m okay with it, but I’ve only played 5-6 rounds.
  • SixTouge
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    d3monkid12 wrote: »
    Think about their track record. Every time they try to fix something, the screw something else up. So to answer your question, yes, it's still bad. And it doesn't matter which weapon you use

"It's still bad" so you never liked the game to begin with? I know that's the opinion of many, but I've always liked it, and although some patches/updates haven't gone perfectly, overall only 4.1 felt "bad" to me.
  • SixTouge
    can we all agree that there are not good enough items in the game to kill tanks? If you have some sort of skill and are not dumb u can kill entire teams in a tank

This is a crazy take in my opinion, one rambo infantry can definitely take out a tank at times, should they always be able to? No.

Should a skilled tank driver be about to kill an entire team? Yes, it's a tank!
  • Mishkin37
    797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019

This is a crazy take in my opinion, one rambo infantry can definitely take out a tank at times, should they always be able to? No.

Should a skilled tank driver be about to kill an entire team? Yes, it's a tank!

Agree. 1 Assault can take out tanks solo. A squad with 2 Assaults with give tanks fits, especially if there’s a resupply in the vicinity. Game over, Tank Girl and Tank Boy!

My other takeaways:
    - The previous TTK allowed you to damage/kill enemies at any viewable distance with almost any gun.
    - The current TTK removes this tactic. Now you’re better off marking distant enemies rather than engaging if you have an SMG or automatic AR. I think this is a plus.
    - It’s possible to take 1-2 shots and duck behind a rock to heal. Plus for me, personally.
    - Personally, I’m finding myself higher on the Leaderboard with this patch. Must be a bonus to my noobish skills!
    Post edited by Mishkin37 on
  • pinniliisi
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I Still get killed with one shot, behind WALLS  and sometimes my gun just wont do any damage at all. Yesterday it was like the game decided that I cant kill at all anymore. I understand that it is harder to kill now, but I got killed with on shot against handguns in a gunfight with my Suomi multiple times...
  • hangman960
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    not keen atall,dying more,takes more sjhots to kill,usually have to reload while trying to kill someone,ahhhhhhhh
  • DaBossOfMC
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In my opinion, yes it’s bad. The 5.2 update has ruined the game for me. Like many others have said, we’ve stuck through and gritted our teeth through the invisible soldiers and extreme lack of content (6 months without a new map. Oop), but turning a vast majority of fan favourite guns into nerf guns? That’s something I can’t grit my teeth through.

It’s a shame that BFV’s loyal fanbase is being punished in favour of “Christmas noobs” and I hope they admit they made an error in judgement and revert the update
  • SixTouge
    DaBossOfMC wrote: »
    In my opinion, yes it’s bad. The 5.2 update has ruined the game for me. Like many others have said, we’ve stuck through and gritted our teeth through the invisible soldiers and extreme lack of content (6 months without a new map. Oop), but turning a vast majority of fan favourite guns into nerf guns? That’s something I can’t grit my teeth through.

It’s a shame that BFV’s loyal fanbase is being punished in favour of “Christmas noobs” and I hope they admit they made an error in judgement and revert the update

You know, I played finally today for the first time in a while (before 5.2), and honestly it wasn't bad at all. I'm a little bummed that it takes more bullets to kill, but overall I don't think it's hurt my ability to get kills. Plus it seems like all the hits were registering with much better consistency.

I'm curious if you liked the game before the update? It seems by the "grit your teeth" comment that probably wasn't the case? If so, then I can see why this update wouldn't do it for you, because it's still largely the same game.

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised, well done DICE
  • The-Monz
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like it. I'm doing about the same k/d wise but find the game overall less frustrating.
    Sure some of the guns need tweaking to balance them out but I feel on console at least it seems to be beneficial.
  • SixTouge
    The-Monz wrote: »
    I like it. I'm doing about the same k/d wise but find the game overall less frustrating.
    Sure some of the guns need tweaking to balance them out but I feel on console at least it seems to be beneficial.

So far that's been my feeling as well, I'm a little annoyed when I sometimes can't get an easy two for one when I get the jump on people from behind, but it's not often enough to ruin it.

Also, a side benefit; I noticed quite a few more sustained gun battles happening, firing from cover, ducking back or rushing to another spot and firing some more. Makes for some cool moments.
  • KPNuts74
    655 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    It’s no where near as bad as being made out. A few tweaks and it will be fine.
  • fs2097
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thats nothing new, it used to be like that with the previous BF games. I've played all the BF games since BF1942 they used to do a great job but now? Often I wonder if they even test their patches before they release them.

The most annoying thing in this game is getting killed by one pistol shot while you load an entire clip in your opponent and he still survives. Often shots don't even register and I'm sure that I have the dude in sight from a close distance. It's hilarious, according to this game a pistol 9 mm bullet will insta kill you while the chance of surviving a Panzerfaust is huge!
  • Mishkin37
    I played a few rounds last night; it was my first time with the new, new patch. I’ve been playing Modern Warfare (sigh) all week, and...it was nice to return to BF.

I used the EMP and STG44 all night. I think I had one of my best games ever: 43-17 as Assault on Rotterdam with Best Squad & MVP. I’m typically in the high teens and 20s in kills with an occasional 30. Not sure if I’ve ever been in the 40s on BFV.

So I guess the new patch lends itself to my playstyle. Maybe I was lucky with the guns I was using. I noticed MANY medics with the Tommy Gun.
  • Celsi_GER
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Yes, it's bad, don't buy the game.
    They have ruined gunplay against strong protest of the community.
    They do not listen to us anymore, all they listen to is money. So don't give it to them.
  • SixTouge
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    I played a few rounds last night; it was my first time with the new, new patch. I’ve been playing Modern Warfare (sigh) all week, and...it was nice to return to BF.

I used the EMP and STG44 all night. I think I had one of my best games ever: 43-17 as Assault on Rotterdam with Best Squad & MVP. I’m typically in the high teens and 20s in kills with an occasional 30. Not sure if I’ve ever been in the 40s on BFV.

So I guess the new patch lends itself to my playstyle. Maybe I was lucky with the guns I was using. I noticed MANY medics with the Tommy Gun.

Man, my experience was kind of the opposite, I was struggling a bit. I'm not sure I like the recent tweaks, but I haven't had too much time in game since. It is starting to feel like Medic is suddenly the best and maybe only functional class right now, and I too saw this reflected in the number of players running medic class. I don't know, I need more time with it, but I'm not sure this tweak is best.
  • SixTouge
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    Yes, it's bad, don't buy the game.
    They have ruined gunplay against strong protest of the community.
    They do not listen to us anymore, all they listen to is money. So don't give it to them.

Did you ever like the game though, even before updates?
  • Mishkin37
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

Man, my experience was kind of the opposite, I was struggling a bit. I'm not sure I like the recent tweaks, but I haven't had too much time in game since. It is starting to feel like Medic is suddenly the best and maybe only functional class right now, and I too saw this reflected in the number of players running medic class. I don't know, I need more time with it, but I'm not sure this tweak is best.

I definitely had some kills, where I thought, “How did I win that one?!?”

Like I said, I only used the STG44 and EMP. I’d like to try out the M1907 and some of the semi autos to see how they’ve changed.

The Medic guns that killed me continuously last night were the Tommy and STEN.