Planes are overpowered again

Comments

• EXILE157
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    gailjon said:
    Planes are massively overpowered, like all BF games.
    At least have a few more AA emplacements.
    Honestly, it is not just the 100+ kills it is looking at it in comparison.
    I just played a game, the pilots were running 50+, the best of the rest in the 20's
    They should not be able to repair and reload in midair

Repair and reload in midair is the most pathetic 'advance' ever. No weapon system should allow you to be 100-1, 50-1, etc in a competitive match. 
    Get these 'masters of the skies' to land and reload, etc, then see what their wonderful k/ds are like. 

I remember on BF2 where you had to land your plane on the aircraft carrier or at the base airstrip to get repaired, reloaded and then take off in the air again. EA/DICE needs to bring that back into BFV and future BF games.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EXILE157 said:
    gailjon said:
    I just played a game, the pilots were running 50+, the best of the rest in the 20's

Repair and reload in midair is the most pathetic 'advance' ever. No weapon system should allow you to be 100-1, 50-1, etc in a competitive match. 
    Get these 'masters of the skies' to land and reload, etc, then see what their wonderful k/ds are like. 

I remember on BF2 where you had to land your plane on the aircraft carrier or at the base airstrip to get repaired, reloaded and then take off in the air again. EA/DICE needs to bring that back into BFV and future BF games.
    It had fantastic mobile and fixed AA also, as it had really powerful choppers and jets. Infantry had way better cover an buildings for stealth too. 
  • EXILE157
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I more often see snipers go 80 - 0 or 4 guys in a Squad working together and reviving and thus are getting 50 - 10 each so they get +200 kills combined than I see pilots go 80 - 0................ should we get rid of snipers and Squads also?

For every weapon in BF V there is a counter weapon but sometimes it takes teamwork or you need to adapt to the situation  and change your combat role....... and thats what most of the BF V players cannot understand. = usuallly they just keep running into the same "wall" head first again and again and again and again and.......... and then complain about the wall being to strong (instead of changing direction and go around it).

PS:

Quote:

"It’s also not much fun if you’re in a low level plane against someone all upgraded up. I appreciate skill etc, but when they can out turn you completely it’s just a turkey shoot."

This quote nails it .............. because "Yes!" there will always be someone that is better than you because he put in the hard work to level up or get better - so accept the challenge and get grinding and do not expect to be on his skill level if you do not do your best yourself first.

PPS:

When having said all of the above I also understand the impossible task of making a game that is enjoyable for a 12 year old noob, a casual online average gamer and the 10 hour per day skilled gamer.......... I do not believe that any product can target any segment so you have to decide who to please ....... or you end up pleasing no one at all.
    - I know you have caught cheaters/hackers while gaming, don't act like they don't exist and trying to undermind players by saying "Should we get rid of snipers and Squads also" if players are legit they are legit most BF players are veteran players and can obviously tell suspicious or obvious cheating going on in-game.

- No kidding, Sherlock Holmes - Most Players do know that, just a few that don't.

- Common Sense.

- When having said all the above - Stop being ignorant saying "12 year old noobs"... Since when your average "12 year old noobs" have $800-$3000 PC's sitting on their desk at home?... Consoles I can completely understand, but we're not on Consoles here in this forum.

- The game itself has many issues besides the nonlegal players facts are facts...

By the way on the game issue, I saw your airplane crash into the water and nothing happened to you, yet you were still underwater repairing your plane until you were able to get out the ocean and back in the air...lol... Is that part of your 10 hours per day gaming "Skills"
  • 5hadyBrady
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Planes are especially annoying because they seem to be the go-to vehicle for cheaters. I don't know if they like planes because they're harder to identify as cheaters, or if there's just a surplus of cheats available for planes. It doesn't really matter because they're still there. This tends to frustrate players who don't realize how many cheaters actually gravitate toward planes. If you're dealing with pilots using ESP or some of these other cheats that allow them to drop multiple loadouts etc, you're going to assume the plane itself is just overpowered. The planes aren't overpowered. If anything, it's the AA turrets that need a buff. DICE are notorious for moving too far in either direction, which triggers a bunch of backlash, and then they go right back to where they were before they tried to fix it. Example. People complain the AA turrets are too weak... DICE will double their damage and now nobody can fly a plane. Everybody complains and DICE reverses the patch. Well what the actual ......
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Planes are especially annoying because they seem to be the go-to vehicle for cheaters. I don't know if they like planes because they're harder to identify as cheaters, or if there's just a surplus of cheats available for planes. It doesn't really matter because they're still there. This tends to frustrate players who don't realize how many cheaters actually gravitate toward planes. If you're dealing with pilots using ESP or some of these other cheats that allow them to drop multiple loadouts etc, you're going to assume the plane itself is just overpowered. The planes aren't overpowered. If anything, it's the AA turrets that need a buff. DICE are notorious for moving too far in either direction, which triggers a bunch of backlash, and then they go right back to where they were before they tried to fix it. Example. People complain the AA turrets are too weak... DICE will double their damage and now nobody can fly a plane. Everybody complains and DICE reverses the patch. Well what the actual ......
    Unless I'm wrong, a pacific plane can and (it's not that hard), take out a tank on full health in one bomb run, (this is broken). It's a game, and it sucks as a tanker being blown to bits time and time again and seeing your teams tanks suffer the same from something you can't counter, evade, or often even see. The LVT AA, you would have to camp watching the sky all match and even then I don't think it's up to the task.  

As a tank that has so many other threats that can disable you/destroy, this is just over the top. A plane should do serious damage but not outright kill a tank in one run from above. The FF can't protect tanks from pilots that are accurate with bombs and come in from orbit, and fighters often complain when another tries to dogfight in this game.

Pilots complained about the FF being broken, well tanks are  getting destroyed by something they can even shot back at, or see. Dice needs to nerf the bombs so they do max 90 dam or something, not outright destroy in one run.    
  • warriorjoy
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mystriall said:
    Sowixle wrote: »
    I swear if you're gonna **** about this i am gonna be mad. planes are not too op and if they get nurfed no one will play them because they're pretty **** in the state they are right now. Trust me they do not need a nerf you just need to get better skill and you shouldn't be made because ur bad..

good luck pal

they just need to remove the bomb hit marker. So people have to have a little skill to drop bombs, instead of telling people where they will hit.
    -
    Best example of my point, would be a comparison with the recon class and it's snipers. The system for bombing is like you would get a red dot on the screen showing where you need to aim with the sniper to do a headshot at any range. Making everyone able to do headshots at any range without any skill required.
    -
    On the sniper however, you have to "guess" or through practice learn how high above the players you need to aim to hit the head at any distance. But on the bomber, you get the target marker that shows you where you will hit at any given time, thus removing the need for any skill.
    And reduce the spawn and heal rate
  • rv112
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. The Fliegerfaust now is pretty useless. If if you full hit what is way too hard because of the spread you deal 90% damage.
  • SirBobdk
    5317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rv112 said:
    Agreed. The Fliegerfaust now is pretty useless. If if you full hit what is way too hard because of the spread you deal 90% damage.
    No, its not useless in the hand of a skilled FF user. I have meet more and more the last few day who were really good and have been shoot down even from far distance.
    Its actually more deadly than before with the nerf of the 20mm and increase of the FF range. I had absolut no problems pre update farming infantry outside the range of the FF. Now it has become harder, but no one uses it and the one who do still have not figured out how to aim. Imo this will change when most have had a change to master it.
    It not suppose to OHK and 90% damage is a lot. 
  • mario
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    luckily for the planes they made the Fliegerfaust completely useless. First they promise a community effort to earn the Fliegerfaust, we had it and it proofed to be a fairly good weapon against the far to powerfull planes. Apperantly it was not the meaning of Dice to let the daft pilots to be killed to much, thay can't bear that.
  • MBT_Layzan
    mario said:
    luckily for the planes they made the Fliegerfaust completely useless. First they promise a community effort to earn the Fliegerfaust, we had it and it proofed to be a fairly good weapon against the far to powerfull planes. Apperantly it was not the meaning of Dice to let the daft pilots to be killed to much, thay can't bear that.
    Classic dice, all the hype over the video of the FF. A big community effort and all that, infantry rejoiced, pilots cry, then it's nerfed and hardly used.  
  • xHonest_Abe
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rv112 said:

If the enemy aircraft is being chased by one of ours that has already score a few hits on the aircraft, the Fliegerfaust will bring it down without a problem. Enemy pilots are still afraid of it when you have several Fliegerfaust gunner in the same area. My favorite strategy is to fire an AA gun at the enemy aircraft when he is diving at you, and then jump out to the side and finish him off with the Fliegerfaust. The enemy pilot is so focused on the AA gun that most of the time he does not notice that you have left the gun. Those days of getting killed every time on AA gun when the enemy dives at your AA is gone by using a little skill with the Fliegerfaust. B)
  • xHonest_Abe
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    EXILE157 said:
    gailjon said:

If you remember back in time, there is always a shortage of aircraft (still is today). The team mates during the game would fight over who gets the next aircraft :s . Especially on the land base, a small group would hang around the land base to be the first to jump in when the aircraft popped up at the end of the runway. It got so bad that a player would park a tank or vehicle where the aircraft would pop up and would not move until he would get possession of the aircraft. If you land your aircraft and get out to repair, I have seen a team mate (usually a pro pilot  B) that says that only a pro should be flying it) steal the aircraft many times, and fly off with it. The approach we have now is more fair than back in the past, and you don't have players tying up vehicles and fighting over an aircraft.
    Post edited by xHonest_Abe on
  • SystemicProgress
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well now we can always find something to complain about. I believe that AA guns are effective enough the way they are. Using a Fliegerfaust more often will make every pilot more frustrated. I have downed planes with just one shot from it. All it takes to down a plane is creativity. The tools are already there. 
  • bigguyhawaii
    397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You didn’t have to land but you had to make multiple passes over the airfield depending on the amount of damage.
  • VOLBANKER
    1716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t get why people think it’s so hard to land shots with the FF. Hitting planes is easy. It’s downing planes just you, using your FF, that is borderline impossible. So cooperate with SAA or with other FF guys.

It really isn’t difficult at all, in fact when more people get experience with the “new” FF, I think DICE is gonna nerf the range of it. It has a lot of range now.

• TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People will not get experienced with the FF. Because they are not using it. It's useless.
    At least with piat or panzerfaust you can also attack infantry if they happen to attack you while going after that tank. The FF is against planes only. And not very effective either. A lot of shots are missed so it's even debatable if 2 players can down a plane for sure. And to dedicate an entire squad is too much to ask.
    Its not going to be nerfed since it's not a threat anymore.
    Planes rule and I can only imagine this was the intention after the FF nerf.
  • mario
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    luckily they didn't reset the Fliegerfaust in the last Hotfix. Imagine you can shoot down planes again :o . Just played on a map Pacific with 3 planes completly dominating the game. Almost all players went away so this is the way goes now. No decent AA anymore, just one stationary AA on the map, completely useless against 3 planes
  • mario
    VOLBANKER said:
    I don’t get why people think it’s so hard to land shots with the FF. Hitting planes is easy. It’s downing planes just you, using your FF, that is borderline impossible. So cooperate with SAA or with other FF guys.

It really isn’t difficult at all, in fact when more people get experience with the “new” FF, I think DICE is gonna nerf the range of it. It has a lot of range now.

What was wrong with the "old" Fliegerfaust?? Pilots crying too much they got shot?? There was nothing wrong, at least pilots had to fear the FF, now they laugh about it
  • MBT_Layzan
    When ground AA works effectively, as it should, you will read about it here on this forum, trust. 
  • DocCuda418
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As with BF4 planes are the reason I always quit out for the night. If you never fire your weapon it gets really boring, really fast. Now that a dozen people are calling in arty strikes it gets rather silly. Once I can play Underground 24/7 I am there. Not my favorite map but I get to shoot weapons and stuff.