[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• TheRealFoe
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The main cheats clan  that changed their name  is on firestorm again , when they down you but don't kill you and your other team mates are far away you can see them heading straight for them.. its kind of sad that even though  they have been reported by so many legit players  many times ,,nothing has been done. Any ideas why ?
    To me,  That doesnt sound like cheaters.

They could be using skype/teamspeak/discord on voice chat.

The one clan member downs a player then asks for backup from a member in case there are other players nearby.

Unless you can prove without a shadow of a doubt that they're definitely using some kind of assist ( e.g walkhacks ) then you can only speculate that they're cheating but it can also be legitimate players using voice comms to communicate in real time.

It's quite easy on voice comms to say 
    "I've downed a guy by X,  he probably has buddies near Y,  I saw 2 by Z" 

And then of course his squad moves up toward you / your unaware squad.

I thought you would say that  but you really had to be there so I will give more context ,There was a mountain between me  the enemy and the last members on my team  ,they could have gone to the left of the mountain  I'm sure they would have gone that way if my team mate had gone that way .. They didn't as a predicted they went straight for my team mate  who had some distance on them as I predicted . my team mate was left behind the mountain when I was downed but he switched to the right because I told him they were going to find him.  he had a complete squad running to him no searching  or flare needed  ..

The same cheat clan did the same thing the round before , I was near the dig site and two of my team mates was at the helicopter base quite far away  I was heading  to them but still far away  the same clan took me and my team mates out at the same time because two of the cheat clan came to me and two went to the helicopter base ...

its so easy to see there is foul play when there are two squads playing all night .

• Cpt_Blitz_26
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cheating is at an all time high. I'd say 1/3 of the matches I play have a cheater in them... especially on non-Pacific maps for some reason... It's almost like they think DICE want catch them on old maps and modes...

This thread was posted September 25, we are approaching December 25th... What has been done by your team to help combat this disease?

Please, we need some sort of resolution - 90 days (and actually 1 whole year) is MORE THAN ADEQUATE time to have come up with something. We are waiting.
  • pajsner
    113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GenCuster said:
    Because surely they will be excellent Origin Access customers and skin buyers.
    Simple.....

If there is nothing that bans them, cheaters can also buy skins without hindrance. In normal games where they get banned, they tend to be the ones who don't invest as much because of their short account lifetimes.
  • Dog
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So EA takes over the servers and doesnt have a clue on how to stop cheating? This is why we had pvt servers you know back when we had a choice of where and who's server we wanted to play on? Now we are stuck with a company that doesn't have a clue! lovely! You see the private servers had cheat protections built into the servers and were able to admin their own servers! LOOSEN UP THE CHAINS EA!

• GrizzGolf
    1424 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We really need an anti cheat
  • OskooI_007
    1322 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I saw a cheater hiding in a leafy pacific bush. He couldn't see anything outside the bush and nobody could see him in the bush. All you saw was bullets flying out of the bush mowing people down.

I was in spectator mode. :smile:
  • GenCuster
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    pajsner said:
    GenCuster said:
    Because surely they will be excellent Origin Access customers and skin buyers.
    Simple.....

If there is nothing that bans them, cheaters can also buy skins without hindrance. In normal games where they get banned, they tend to be the ones who don't invest as much because of their short account lifetimes.
    As I said in the post after,
    my quote,
    due to editing problems, it has been moved out of context.
    So he doesn't want to say anything ....
    but in response to the previous post it was ironic ...

• BassMan_PC
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Why is cheating even an issue these days?  With all the AI learning being applied to accomplish so many things these days...  Why haven't the developers figured out how to apply AI learning to effectively detect and ban cheaters/hackers?  AI should be able to detect anomalies in stats and player actions that just aren't possible with legit players.
  • DidoSexaBg
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    way, not antichieting defence on battlefield 5,so many aimbot,WH
  • Carbonic
    1957 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Why is cheating even an issue these days?  With all the AI learning being applied to accomplish so many things these days...  Why haven't the developers figured out how to apply AI learning to effectively detect and ban cheaters/hackers?  AI should be able to detect anomalies in stats and player actions that just aren't possible with legit players.
    AI and Machine learning is still in the early stages, so complex tasks like how players interact with shooters and the skill-ranges these player have are probably too much. Too much different data jumping all over the place.
    As for stats and player action analysis, that's pretty much what Fairfight does ( https://gameblocks.com/ ) actually but I figure EA can't go into detail about what specifically as that would help the cheat creators.
    I don't know of any anti-cheat tech commercially available that uses AI and machine learning - I read Microsoft tried to patent it sometime last year but that's about it.

What exactly is the point of this thread? 
    To keep all the talk cheating confined to one place?
    It’s like EA gave us a room to have a conversation but chooses not to listen lol
    The point is described in the first post. You might not like the point of the thread but asking what it is when it's clearly stated seems silly. The alternative is 100s of small 1 post threads getting ignored by the forum users because there are so many and makes it hard to find threads about other subjects.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    These 99 cent accounts are really starting annoy the hell out of me.
    Back to insurgency I go. At least that game isnt infested
  • Private_Tom_7
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    there are hackers on many asian servers.
    with DICE,it is impossible to take measures against hackers.
    I think its better to leave it to an outside contractor.
  • RRedux
    759 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    QU4NT0R said it so well, people who play fps games KNOW that other companies that make fps games have taken a lot of measures to combat cheaters, measures that actually work. Dice could very easily look at what other companies are doing and mimic it, but they don't, which is why no-one believes it when Dice says they are taking anti-cheating seriously.
  • IsoHinuri
    22 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    QU4NT0R well said and hats off to you, that´s some serious digging in to stuff that anyone can respect.
  • FatherSchnoz
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Companies spend money on what's important to them.  This company apparently is most interested in offering us new shiny skins - and expecting us to pay for them - rather than covering the real important aspects of the game - anti-cheating, servers that function (BIG problem recently), team balancing, etc.  The failure to cover these crucial issues is sucking all the fun from the game.  Company's response: "We are working diligently on your concerns.  Trust us.  We really do care.  And hey!  Look at this new pirate skin!"

My son finally got my wife to play.  So we went in a server - which at least did populate and start (minor miracle lately) - and then got obliterated in a match with ridiculously unbalanced teams AND at least one obvious hacker.  Super fun, right! . . . She wont be playing again.  Us trying to tell her "Wait, it can be fun sometimes" just isn't enough to convince her to suffer through all the overt cheating and systemic shortcomings. 

Come to think of it, I think she is right.  

DICE - you made a great game here, BUT you must make serious and substantial investment to cure these issues immediately.  Get on top of it fast!  Otherwise, we all have other games we can go play - and we will remember this when you try to sell us your next game.  

• wasp9166
    311 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gotta love those toxic dudes who think being good in a video game puts you in some elite social class in real life.
  • JONxJITSU
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am confused. How come Dice/EA did not invest in to a active anti cheat for this game?

Dice/EA should have the clear understanding that 77% percent of players will likely quit their game if they feel opponents are not playing fair by using cheats. Currently me and 4 of my best friends stopped playing this game for that reason. We express our opinions of the amount of cheating which is taking place; which in turn deters others from buying and playing this game. Chances are we are not the only ones who have talked people out of buying this game (indirectly or directly).

The message couldn't be more clearer; DICE/EA if you do not tackle the cheating problem you will experience loss revenue from people who stopped playing the game as well as people who were steered away from buying it.
  • JoesDementia
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The cheating in this game is outrageous. The cheat makers have had years and years to perfect their Frostbite engine cheats. Fair fight is useless against those that are involved in the cheat scene and follow guidelines.

Something has to happen.
This discussion has been closed.