How the *BLEEP* are the japanese suppose to defend Wake Island on breaktrough?

Kjeksy
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
is there any1 else struggling to win a match as a defender on Wake Island? i think i have had 10 games as japanese defending on this map and we are getting beaten so damn hard everytime...
did Dice actually design this map so the US always win??
did they even try the map properly before releasing?

this version of Wake Island is such a let down compared to the other version of Battlefield..
worst map so far in BF5..

Comment? tips on defending?

Comments

• BosundaveE6
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't played wake island yet, but I just quit conquest.  there were so many people playing the game with a lot of unfair advantages.  when you are getting beaten by 6oo tickets, you know something is not right.
  • l_Grand_Vizir_l
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
     you know something is not right.
    Like when you realise that you're defending Wake Island as a japanese soldier, against an american attack?
    Oups :D

• Rusty5p00n
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its clear the map was never play tested, its such fun to have 5-6 tanks and 3 planes attacking with little real counter.
  • Zorieke
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kjeksy said:
    is there any1 else struggling to win a match as a defender on Wake Island? i think i have had 10 games as japanese defending on this map and we are getting beaten so damn hard everytime...

this version of Wake Island is such a let down compared to the other version of Battlefield..

Imo... it depends on the team.
    I have successfully rump stomped the attackers several times, they didn't get passed the first 2 flags.
    I have successfully rump stomped the defenders and facerolled them all the way back to an easy victory.

As defenders the key is obviously to nuke all the tanks asap and don't let them take a flag (taking a flag = a new tank for them) or if they do take a flag, make sure YOU snag their new tank.
    Just rush the beaches and start pounding them asap with all the anti tank stuff u have. Most tankers will back off quite fast after a hit or two from a Piat or Panzerfaust.
    But if the team is clueless you gonna get steamrolled and no matter the amount of tanks, it won't make much difference in that case.
  • chinook240
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zorieke said:
    Kjeksy said:

Imo... it depends on the team.
    I have successfully rump stomped the attackers several times, they didn't get passed the first 2 flags.
    I have successfully rump stomped the defenders and facerolled them all the way back to an easy victory.

As defenders the key is obviously to nuke all the tanks asap and don't let them take a flag (taking a flag = a new tank for them) or if they do take a flag, make sure YOU snag their new tank.
    Just rush the beaches and start pounding them asap with all the anti tank stuff u have. Most tankers will back off quite fast after a hit or two from a Piat or Panzerfaust.
    But if the team is clueless you gonna get steamrolled and no matter the amount of tanks, it won't make much difference in that case.
    Trouble is we don’t have credible AT weapons, unless you have a good squad who cooperate!
  • SirBobdk
    5074 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zorieke said:

Trouble is we don’t have credible AT weapons, unless you have a good squad who cooperate!
    1-2 good pilots with anti tank bombs + upgraded MG and US tanks + planes are melted iron. But most pilots uses fire bombs + 20mm.
    I have not played many wake maps, maybe 5-6, but I have seen the defender win half the times due to the Zero taking out every tank + plane.
    But the map is unbalanced and need a lot of changes regarding both tanks and planes.