Is it just me?

MogwaiWarrior
971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
There is something off about BFV in that too many times it's a shoot first die first scenario. It's almost as if what I am seeing on my screen is not at all what my enemy is seeing. I have never had this issue with any other BF game and I wouldn't complain if it was a once in awhile thing but this happens way too many times and it's super frustrating. I only stay on servers with 33ms ping times. For example, I see someone running behind boxes so I know once he rounds that corner I know I have him. So I set my sights, I also have the high ground on him, and somehow he comes rounds the boxes, turns, has time to look up at me, ADS, shoot and kill me before I even get a shot off. There's also too many times to count where I am ADS down a choke point at an angle where my enemy will have to turn a corner and somehow they will be sprinting come round this corner and kill me before I have a chance to react. Also getting behind cover and still dying even though I am clearly behind cover for at least a second. Does anyone else have these kinds of issues?

Comments

• KPNuts74
    767 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not at all, I play on EU servers (29 ping) and US East servers (88 ping) and no such issues.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 said:
    Not at all, I play on EU servers (29 ping) and US East servers (88 ping) and no such issues.
    Glad you're not having issues. I can jump right into BF1 or BF4 and have zero issues. BFV for me is just brutal to play because of this.
  • SixTouge
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've gotten that feeling before, those kinds of scenarios are hard to pin on things like netcode or that feeling of what you see is not what's actually happening. (Which I definitely felt plenty of before 5.2, I haven't logged enough time after 5.2 to say for sure it's less now, but initially it feels the same).

I'd say those specific examples could be more a result of spotting maybe? Although you'd get an indication I suppose? Some people are just really freaking fast and land headshots in a blink.

That said, the game definitely has times/days where it feels very out of sync, someone empties a clip into you, but you hear/see nothing until the final kill shot. So it's possible what you're having happen is related.
  • pinniliisi
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You are not alone. That happens every day. Netcode is bad and they are not going to fix it ever. 
  • The-Monz
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Sometimes you just know you're going to die.
    Like when you just manage to get in cover and you die a split second later.
  • Zesneek68
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think that you're talking about the netcode issue. This is something that community ask every time for changing. But they prefer to close their eyes regarding this request and they destroy all the good things they've put in place (the TTK with the BTK is one sample of that).
    I will take a while to replay on BF4 & BF1. If they go back to before the 5.2 patch, maybe I will come back again.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really really believe they made a change in November that made the netcode (and console fps) worse. It just feels noticeably worse.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    What I don’t get is why some people are affected and some people aren’t? I’ve never had an issue like this with any other BF game. I’ve grown to like a lot of things DICE brought to BFV but I play a couple of games, get frustrated, then go play older BF games.
  • normzzzzzy
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Glad you're not having issues. I can jump right into BF1 or BF4 and have zero issues. BFV for me is just brutal to play because of this.

I’ll be straight dude... I jumped on BF1 the other day for a cheeky spin and I forgot how good it is. It just blows BFV outta the water.

The infantry combat feels great and rewarding. The vehicles are a lot of fun to use and don’t feel gimmicky and tacked on aaaaaaaaaand there’s loads of maps to choose from.
  • UKCarbine
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is something off about BFV in that too many times it's a shoot first die first scenario. It's almost as if what I am seeing on my screen is not at all what my enemy is seeing. I have never had this issue with any other BF game and I wouldn't complain if it was a once in awhile thing but this happens way too many times and it's super frustrating. I only stay on servers with 33ms ping times. For example, I see someone running behind boxes so I know once he rounds that corner I know I have him. So I set my sights, I also have the high ground on him, and somehow he comes rounds the boxes, turns, has time to look up at me, ADS, shoot and kill me before I even get a shot off. There's also too many times to count where I am ADS down a choke point at an angle where my enemy will have to turn a corner and somehow they will be sprinting come round this corner and kill me before I have a chance to react. Also getting behind cover and still dying even though I am clearly behind cover for at least a second. Does anyone else have these kinds of issues?
    I have the exact same problem. I play in the UK on the European Servers (germany) and always have this issue. My internet is Fibreoptic and often reports a ping of 19 on the servers. Granted I'm no spring chicken anymore and my reactions aren't as they were once. However I have been in situations where I have opened fire with good controlled Bursts from an LMG and ended up dead. Before finished the second. I accept there are some players who are ver very good. But it seems in these gunfight situation I often come out of it worse. I know I'm not that bad. Hailing back to 2142 days I can remember shooting players as they are running around a corner and then they die. Also vice versa so something must be up with the actual code. So it seems it has always been within the BF franchise.
  • Mishkin37
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I did see a couple players die around corners last night. My teammate poked around a corner on the outside wall at C on Devastation. He got popped a couple times, ran back around the corner, and then died about 2 meters from the corner (in full cover). He was not shot from behind, because I was standing just behind him.

This happens a few times per night to me, but it doesn’t bother me, since I know I’m benefitting from the same glitch at times, too.
  • SixTouge
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    I did see a couple players die around corners last night. My teammate poked around a corner on the outside wall at C on Devastation. He got popped a couple times, ran back around the corner, and then died about 2 meters from the corner (in full cover). He was not shot from behind, because I was standing just behind him.

This happens a few times per night to me, but it doesn’t bother me, since I know I’m benefitting from the same glitch at times, too.

Now that's interesting that you saw it that way. I had always assumed that on the attackers and everyone else's screen in that scenario, that I didn't actually make it to cover and was downed on the way.
  • Mishkin37
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SixTouge wrote: »
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

Now that's interesting that you saw it that way. I had always assumed that on the attackers and everyone else's screen in that scenario, that I didn't actually make it to cover and was downed on the way.

Good point. I never thought of perspective. My teammate definitely rounded the corner and was a few meters from the corner before he toppled. The only reason I noticed was that it looked so odd.