This Week in Battlefield V - December 16th Edition - Hotfix 5.2.2 | Holiday Giveaways

Braddock512
1542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited December 2019
Let's check the calendar and see what's happening as we head into the holiday break. 

While this is an overview for the week, be aware that this WILL be updated as we release new info and announcements. Keep checking back throughout the week to keep up to date.

Monday, December 16, 2019
  • This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. As items are added or shifted, this will be updated. Keep an eye on it through the week for redirect links!
  • Battlefield V Hotfix 5.2.2 Release
  • Battlefield V Hotfix 5.2.2 Notes
Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Wednesday, December 18, 2019
Thursday, December 19, 2019
Friday, December 20, 2019

-Braddock512
Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• drhzrd
    63 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for fixing the end game report! It works now, for me at least.

@Braddock512
    The Trello link/url on the initial post seems to be incorrect.
  • NiklasG
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A very big thank you Dice for fixing the spotting system. Now it is where it should be, according to my opinion. I played the game yesterday for e few hours and it worked really well. You now have to yes ears and sight again. Is also really good that the game report works again. The ttk changes are also better that before 5, 2, 2. 
  • VOLBANKER
    1716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    5.2.2 broke the game for a few of us, so we now can’t join servers at all.
    If you would forward this info to the devs, I for one would be grateful, @Braddock512

See here:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/198153/hotfix-broke-multiplayer-i-cannot-join-a-server-or-successfully-create-a-community-game-good-job#latest

In short:
    Whenever I join a server, I get the loading icon for a while, but instead of actually joining the server, the background turns black and the game sort of hangs. I can press ESC to go back to the main menu, but when I click Quit, nothing happens. I then have to go into Task Manager and kill the BFV process to close the game down. BFV Deluxe Edition pc, Windows 10. Thanks.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • fuchsi_ef
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It is always a good idea, if you want to get something done, to overdo it in general, and then go a little bit towards the other person. Well played DICE ... to implement a change that nobody wanted and then to top it off with an exaggerated arcade spotting ... which would surely be "super".

Then normalize the spotting again and minimally adjust the unplayable TTK again and everyone will be satisfied with that ...

To take away the illusion ... the community is still unsatisfied, but you just don't care. So much for "Community, we have heard you and appreciate your feedback"

You broke an allready broken game even more.

• misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played some more last night and this morning and I'm enjoying the gunplay. Echoing what others have said , I now have time to react, even though I still mostly lose!
     Question. Is Dice done with any more visibility improvements? I am still struggling with seeing enemies any further than 50-75m. This is my preferred engagement because I'm older and have lost reflex speed. Out of the Pacific maps Iwo Jima gives me the least amount of trouble. Does Dice recommend certain settings? I'm on ps4.
  • SystemicProgress
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hotfix 5.2.2 has brought more stability to the game. I feel things are more smoother and snappier. On the other side, the hit registration needs more work. I noticed my bullets sometimes fly through opponents without causing any damage. Keep it up DICE, the BFV job is not over.
  • SjeMikal
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019

why dice, why? yhe game was fun, all out of the blue you destroy the fun if the game...
    Post edited by Braddock512 on
  • Harkonnen25
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On Reddit, I already left a similar comment. Just do not even know how you can "get through" to DICE

What you NEED to do:

1. Understand that the game you make for the players, not for yourself.

2. Fire the people who "invented" the new TC 2. You need to reduce the TTK in the game. It's impossible to play now.

3. Raise damage to all machine guns. Machine guns should kill at close range with 3 bullets, not four or more.

4. Remove the class of universal machine guns and put them in the category of "light machine guns". For a year, since the release of the game, it was hard to understand that they are not used in the "capture the flag", and their use is justified only in the modes of "front line" and the like? You have now real machine guns, with whom can be normally Caribbean, this Lewis and Brent. And the, of them "real" machine gun, only Lewis. All other weapons in the section "machine guns", they ARE not!

5. For assault rifles and submachine guns, make the number of bullets to kill at close range equal to 4, but unlike strumovyh rifles, reduce the range at which the damage falls from submachine guns.

6. Do not want the players to be campers, increase the damage at long distances, this will allow you to fight snipers more effectively.

7. The cards in the BF5 are large and made for low TTK. Maps in the Pacific rim do not fit the new TTK at all. It's so hard to understand!?

English is not my native language, I used an online translator. But I think you can understand what I wrote.

• c0ldsun
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can we have a switch to turn off this you have been spotted frame?
  • Headpopper1960
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I am wondering if and when they are going to fix unlock items that are not unlocking as you level up and get nothing for it? BF5
  • h1nduku5h_x
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    get firestorm out of battlefield. make firestorm a standalonegame.
  • 19Romulus84
    105 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Braddock512  have mercy on us. Come back TTK 5.0, TTK is not good. I speak on behalf of 75% of players with long experience. I don't want to write for the hundredth time that balancing ROF damage is much worse than balancing it with recoil and accuracy. Tanks for powerful weapons kill for too long, are recoil and not lethal. It's just a bad game, I really think that you have to admit it yourself. TTK 5.0 was a lot better. Please bring back our old, good, only well balanced and liked by TTK 5.0 players after the new year. It is unfair that players who have become accustomed to TTK 5.0 have played on it a year have 800 hours now they get such a thing. I played with new players and the results were flattened, I still don't understand what this bad and unnecessary change was dictated by? This is a completely different and much worse game with such a changed "heart" of the game. I rate BFV 5.0 at 9/10, 5.2 at 3/10 and 5.2.2 at 4/10. Do something with cheaters with match balancing, add a few maps to us and get on with BVI. TTK is really not for the game and I'm sure the majority of players think so. Bring TTK 5.0 to the current one, the game is really much worse.
  • MusicienElegant
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fuchsi_ef wrote: »
    It is always a good
    idea, if you want to get something done, to overdo it in general, and then go a
    little bit towards the other person. Well played DICE ... to implement a change
    that nobody wanted and then to top it off with an exaggerated arcade spotting
    ... which would surely be "super".

Then normalize the
    spotting again and minimally adjust the unplayable TTK again and everyone will
    be satisfied with that ...

To take away the
    illusion ... the community is still unsatisfied, but you just don't care. So
    much for "Community, we have heard you and appreciate your feedback"

You broke an allready broken game even more.

Yeah, and even though the TTK is less infuriating than before, aside from flanking with a Trench Carbine and almost never being able to be effective with it, I still don't really want to play the game this way. I would much rather have the 5.0 TTK.