What would you add to Battlefield V to improve the game?

Comments

• DingoKillr
    4017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The community is crazy and here why.
    * complains about campers
    * complains about visibility
    * wants many ways to bypass spotting
    * complains recon is to OP
    * complains recon is not doing their job

Spotting needs to be a tool not some exploit.
    There is a few I think could help.
    1) I liked to see a stationary sensor, like a tripwire flare or ultrasonic alarm. Rather then having to use AP mines to cover flanks.
    2) Spotting can only be by-passed by crawling or crouch walking, not just prone and crouch. Help reduce ambush campers.
    3) proximity comms rose manual spot.
    On screen and audio something like "over there" or "there's one"

• bran1986
    5877 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bring back 3d spotting
    Rework or remove mmgs
    Make Anti Material Rifles battle pickups.
    Buff bolt action bullet velocity.
    Nerf dmr bullet velocity
    Add a penalty for using 3x scopes on automatics.
    Redesign most maps
    Remove attrition.
  • mf_shro0m
    2291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    - 5.0 TTKs

- Anti-cheat

- Team balancing

- Good maps

- More weapons and equipment

Do that and BFV could be the GOAT BF
  • talhaONE
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    New classes that are a mix of other classes with borrowed gadgets and weapon restrictions. IE: Commando, Weapon restriction: MMG only. Can ADS with MMGs but is unable to go prone. Gadgets: Dynamite, spawn beacon, smoke grenade.

Improve diversity of those class specializations. Currently one is usually better than the other in 90% of scenarios. 

Tank only gametype. 

Western and Eastern fronts... familiar battlefield maps. More city style maps.
    That class is the most dumbest and unrealistic class that ever could have been. First of all why an only MMG class cant go prone when MMGs are literally intended to use when prone?
  • Hawxxeye
    6899 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would add

>Team switch
    >Team scramble (without breakage squads)
    >Vote kick if more than half of each team agrees (you got to be a real piece of work for your own team to want you out)
    >Support mortars (same aiming as the piat without shot camera)
    >Battleships on the pacific maps
    >More major historical battles like D-Day.
    What I would change:
    >Internal gunners for the top tank seat at the expense of more damage dropoff over distance unless it shoots at planes.
    >Faster velocity with higher drop for tank shells to make their trajectories more arcing over longer distances to make tank snipers weaker while improving the close and personal tankers.
    >Much faster tank acceleration, especially for the heavier ones
    >A bit bigger blast on the HE shells.
    >either slower strafing & reversing speed on infantry soldiers or a lot more spread/recoil if shooting on the move.
    >The dynamite moved to support and recon (it is too good for assault)
    >Greatly reduce the screenshake vehicles and planes experience when taking damage on first person
    >Add drag and drop to the plane LMGs and HMGs. LMGs shine at very close range while the HMGs keep more kinetic energy over distances.
    >The 4000lb bomb no longer falls in slow motion.
    >Making the mosquito better in a dogfight by increasing its max speed and acceleration.
    >Making all the stats and specs of the Corsair the same as those of the Zero aside from the glide bomb.
    >The glide bomb now is easier to use like the other bombs are.
    >1 plane per team in Aerodrome to nail those tank campers
  • amkingchar
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For all the things that could be added in the game personally all I want is to slow down ! To be honest BFV as a WW2 scenario for me is not there and if we see back on BF1 at least BF1 introduced some historic things that they faced in WW1 and obviously they started with Iconic battlegrounds. 

Right now is more like chaos ! You are getting in the game and it doesn't stand to its expectations as a theme ! There are a lot of games out there that they have the same theme but BFV for me isn't one of them ! 

You might say the game is already slow but for some reason on consoles yes it does feel slower but on PC is like a race ! Also I don't want to go in detail things because many people hate it ! but to be honest some classes need to go back like they used to be in BF1.

But for now there are a lot of things that feel wrong for example. The classes don't stand for what they are.

Many go for medic because of the jungle carbine and they don't play as recon because is "harder" and the only use to it is spotting ! Most go for assault because is the "king of the battle" you have everything that you mainly need explosives or even long range scopes or automatic weapons everything that is basic !  And engi there is no point  to choose that class most of the mmg require you to crunch and there is no reason to resupply when in every checkpoint there is the resupply station ! 

In general the game started badly but my hopes are not even that high the game probably will be forgotten once the new bf game comes out except if they F* it up in the new game as well.  
  • Satoru_Shinobi
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would add fifth class called Special forces which would utilize "special weapons" while trade-offing class gadgets and combat role perks in return of weapon power (universal squad revive needle and tool kit box are present). Weapons would be assault rifles, medium machine guns, bolt action carbines, anti-material rifles and revolvers. These weapon categories would be taken away from existing classes and losses in weapon selection would be replaced with increase in other areas like gadget selection and adding more primary and secondary options in another category (more ranged SMGs and fast-firing SARs for example). This way most troublesome weapons of each class (STG44, Jungle carbine, MG-42...) would be under one kit with weaker loadout. Throwable items would be throwing knives, impact grenade or sticky grenade.
  • zoinkersScoob
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’d add a ”Sorry!” to the comrose.

• MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anti-cheat.
  • AvocadoPablo
    113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    make firestorm free to play
  • KPNuts74
    655 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Permanent rental servers (communities need these and keep members playing more)
  • MintySSD
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Friendly fire on
  • Squad_Cohesion
    893 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    - Proper long range damage to the MMG incendiary AA bullets so make that perk useful for support class.

- Panzershreck, Bazooka to give some proper medium and long range AT options

• TNA_SneakyMonkey
    610 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Rather than coloured smoke for the planes, I'd add a squad leader spotting function - they have radios after all. The squad leader spot would temporarily mark the spotted armour/emplacement on the map for planes, rather like downed players are marked for medics.
  • DingoKillr
    4017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here some more
    1) Panzerfaust carried to go from 2/3 to 4/5.
    2) Piat and AT grenade launcher have a small decrease in drag.
    3) Single shot heavy mortar can be reload from crate.
    4) Multi shot light infantry mortar..
    5) AT mines go from 2/3 to 3/4.
    6) Grenades resupply from crate or increase numbered carried.
    7) Hand flares you throw on the ground for spotting limited area in tunnels or inside buildings.
  • Satoru_Shinobi
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Need a back up" and "Sorry" functions for Commo rose. Back up request triggers a group of soldiers icon on top of player requesting it.

"Follow me", "Retreat and regroup" , "Scan and secure area" , "Fortify these positions" and "Demolish these positions" functions for Squad leader's Tactical rose. Follow me command places a star icon with arrow pointing down on top of your squad leader. Fortify and demolish commands are issued by placing 3D icon of wrench/explosion marker on top of fortification which is shown on both 2D minimap and 3D space. Whole team sees 2D minimap icon so fortification gameplay doesn't get mixed signals from different squad leaders due to majority rule. Overall communication could be better in chaos and disorder :smile:
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    5.0 sometimes less is more
  • RRedux
    736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would like to see dice actually do something REAL about cheating.

There are tons of "low-key" cheaters that are careful and only use wallradar and stuff, but lately I have seen a lot of ragehackers as well. Like a lot more. It's like they know they have nothing to fear as it stands.
  • zoinkersScoob
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’d also like to have the different scopes on a given sniperrifle to have different crosshairs.
    Say like if the standard 6x scope on rifle A had one kind of crosshair and ”Urban blue 6x” had a different kind.

Then the comrose should be like it is in BF1.
    Commands such as ”need backup” is way more relevant when without hearing distance like in BF5 than it is in BF1.

It would also be nice, when you are dead, to have a kind of autofocus on a team/squadmate who said he is coming to revive you.
    So you instantly see if he/she really is coming for a revive or just accidentelly happend to spot in your general direction.

Then, ofcourse, the ability to swich team.
    Evennif it’s only if the other team is outnumbered and losing.

I also think the flares from tanks are way to powerfull. They, compared to the reconvariant, cover a great big area and stays in the air way to long.

The option for infantry to fully rotate stationary guns would also be mighty welcome.

And finally I’d like to be able to see what class people play.
    Like in BF4 and BF1 you could, even at a fair distance, see what class your opponent plays.
  • FatherDed
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    MintySSD said:
    Friendly fire on
    Getting rid of it was the biggest single change to BF through all the iterations. Friendly fire on completely changed the way people play. Players couldn't just jump into a situation guns blazing, throw grenades around willy-nilly or spray fire through smoke without any thought to whether they'd hit their own team. Tanks couldn't just lob shells in the general direction of a flag hoping to get a kill or 2. You had to be much more careful and aware. It was a completely different dynamic and a much better one in my opinion. I can kind of understand why they did it and why it would be problematic in the current environment but switching it off was the biggest step in the direction of more arcadey gameplay that they've taken.