[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• RRedux
    760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Since this is an official EA/Dice thread, is it too much to ask to see some replies from someone who is not an unpaid moderator? EA/Dice made this thread for a reason (one would assume). The reason must be to give the community the impression that EA/Dice are acknowledging the issue, without actually doing anything about it.

So, just a feeble PR ploy. I really wish hackers found an efficient way to use their cheats on consoles, then maybe EA/Dice would start caring.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RRedux said:
    I really wish hackers found an efficient way to use their cheats on consoles, then maybe EA/Dice would start caring.
    They would only care if games were pirated too. Working system would be there within a week. Because  this about money, and money only.

• Hindenburg1911
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i found a youtuber that hacking, by the way everyday i found a hacker, and i dont unterstand why ea alowed a youtuber to hack. maybe its  better to allow he this, for more cosumers but this is the wrong way
  • MrCamp121
    1197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Literally every game i play has a blatant rage cheater in it. May as well uninstall this garbage at this point since this company clearly doesnt take it seriously. Never buying anything EA or Dice touch ever again
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RRedux said:
     I really wish hackers found an efficient way to use their cheats on consoles, then maybe EA/Dice would start caring.
    They wouldn't. However, if games were pirated too, then they would care. A working anti-cheating system would be there within a week. Because this is about money. And  money only. Cheaters pays too, so they would lose many paying customers if they banned them for cheating.

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:

Yeah, did that mysterious misapplied law suddenly change again?
    No. How Pubg chose to try to adhere to the law changed however (probably due to feedback from their lawyers).
    In any case thanks for mentioning the Pubg list thing, it actually ended up proving me right  :)
    I do truly feel sorry for you.  You're pretty much delusional.  I'll make sure to mention your name to EA, though.
  • Carbonic
    1965 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I do truly feel sorry for you.  You're pretty much delusional.  I'll make sure to mention your name to EA, though.
    Oh, do explain.
    1. I said public banlists were problematic due to privacy and data protection laws
    2. You then point out that Pubg made a public ban list, so laws like GDPR should not be a valid reason to not do them.
    3. I then point out that the banlist you chose as an example has been taken down due to concerns with international privacy and data protection laws, pretty much validating my concern.
    Please do tell me which part of this is delusional.
  • KrullBorg
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    thanks dice for patch 5.2.2 with the best anticheat system in the games world
  • 0ld_yell0w
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The GDPR won't hinder EA/DICE  from posting a banlist of players with their ingame name. "Banned player Elmo" wouldnt tell who the cheater really are.
    If you wrote "We banned Elmer Fudd, Elms Road 39, postalcode 83211 Idaho" , THAT would be a breach because it could identify your unique personal ID.
    Besides, write it in the EULA that EA sends 8192 lawyers to your home in case you get caught in cheating, and will sue (most likely your parents) for the rest of their and yours natural life. But no ... these things costs money, same with AC thats why there isnt any in that game at all.

You all remember BF3 and BF4 ? How cheaters came on forum nagging all about they got an unfair ban ?
    You've seen ANY of that in BF5 at all ? I havent .....

• SirBobdk
    5322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019

You all remember BF3 and BF4 ? How cheaters came on forum nagging all about they got an unfair ban ?

True and you also dont see comments like, "never seen a cheater in xx hours", "L2P", "you'r just bad".
    Any threads about cheaters used to have a lot of theese comments. Now it seem most recognizes the problem.

• RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:

True and you also dont see comments like, "never seen a cheater in xx hours", "L2P", "you'r just bad".
    Any threads about cheaters used to have a lot of theese comments. Now it seem most recognizes the problem.

Sad, but true.
  • Carbonic
    1965 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited December 2019
    The GDPR won't hinder EA/DICE  from posting a banlist of players with their ingame name. "Banned player Elmo" wouldnt tell who the cheater really are.
    If you wrote "We banned Elmer Fudd, Elms Road 39, postalcode 83211 Idaho" , THAT would be a breach because it could identify your unique personal ID.
    @0ld_yell0w
    GDPR includes the term online identifiers within the definition of what constitutes personal data (Recital 30 GDPR).
    Account handles could under this be considered personal data as the handles are unique and can be used to identify people (unique identifier). In your example people that know Elmos identity in real life would be able to know that the data shared was about him because there would only be one person with the handle Elmo. As another example lets say jackfrags' handle appeared in the banlist, all of his Youtube followers would be able to identify him if he appeared on a public banlist.

An example is mentioned here
    An individual’s social media ‘handle’ or username, which may seem anonymous or nonsensical, is still sufficient to identify them as it uniquely identifies that individual. The username is personal data if it distinguishes one individual from another regardless of whether it is possible to link the ‘online’ identity with a ‘real world’ named individual.

Again, I don't feel bad about cheaters having their names displayed in public, the more the better to prevent cheating - I just don't think lawyers working for game publishers and developers would agree.

• losthunter340
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its easy to talk about cheating, we all encounter it and even so if we report or talk with you about it nothing seems to be happening, I have had BFV for a months and every week I encounter cheaters and yesterday for 2 hours I tried to play for 2 hours and tried 5 different servers, in 4 of them there was a cheater.

I am not the guy who simply yell "A CHEATER" when I die, I know there is alot better players then me out there even if I would say I got some skills in FPS games. But ppl running around doing headshot after headshot and dont get anything else with a low lvl account you know what you are in for!

I really enjoy the game a month ago when I started and dont wanna go into the "TTK" changes made in the last patch in this thread but the cheating really starting to put me off the game, it feels like if you cheat it dosent matter too much becuse it feels they dont even get punished even if you report them via the ingame reporting system (going to their profile and reporting them). An anti cheating software should boot them off automatic and yeah, every game have their kind of issues with cheaters but BFV in general seems to have a bigger problem them most FPS games.

Players who log in everyday to play your game fair and square seems to be the one punished right now and I just a month in I am already tired of the amount of cheating going around and at the state we are on right now I would not recommend any of my friends who was going to get BFV to buy it right now even if every match is not a cheating hell many of the matches can be.

• FriedBulletsz
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I think with last updates, cheaters have found a way to hide themselves. I see high sniper and tank results with low ranks.  And they explain themselves with this thesis; we are worse than they  and it is because of with the last update the other weapons become more like water gun.

DICE you need to do this edit on Fairfight immediately i think; if there is more than 8 headshots or 10 kills in a minute or less, fairfight should accept that this is 100% hack. There is no other option. 
  • losthunter340
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

DICE you need to do this edit on Fairfight immediately i think; if there is more than 8 headshots or 10 kills in a minute or less, fairfight should accept that this is 100% hack. There is no other option. 

This is not a good way to say if someone cheats or not, I did get 7-9 kills within 20 second the other day while pushing on breakthough.
  • OskooI_007
    1355 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One more year and next-gen consoles will be out. I predict a lot of PC players switching to them.

Especially if they're as powerful as an Nvidia RTX 2080 and can do 120fps with FreeSync monitor support. Plus offer a cheat free experience.

Take my money!
  • SirBobdk
    5322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One more year and next-gen consoles will be out. I predict a lot of PC players switching to them.

Especially if they're as powerful as an Nvidia RTX 2080 and can do 120fps with FreeSync monitor support. Plus offer a cheat free experience.

Take my money!
    If M+K and joystick then maybe
  • FriedBulletsz
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is not a good way to say if someone cheats or not, I did get 7-9 kills within 20 second the other day while pushing on breakthough.

Of course it is not useful by itself, they can add other options in it. I do not know , may be like killing distance or weapon type cheater used. 
  • TheRealFoe
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    on firestorm after the match has finished and the bot jockeys have another non legit victory,I would like a replay on  just the map showing where the dots went so I can see their super human bloodhound skills.
  • KapitainKavern
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    @0ld_yell0w
    GDPR includes the term online identifiers within the definition of what constitutes personal data (Recital 30 GDPR).
    Account handles could under this be considered personal data as the handles are unique and can be used to identify people (unique identifier). In your example people that know Elmos identity in real life would be able to know that the data shared was about him because there would only be one person with the handle Elmo. As another example lets say jackfrags' handle appeared in the banlist, all of his Youtube followers would be able to identify him if he appeared on a public banlist.

An example is mentioned here
    An individual’s social media ‘handle’ or username, which may seem anonymous or nonsensical, is still sufficient to identify them as it uniquely identifies that individual. The username is personal data if it distinguishes one individual from another regardless of whether it is possible to link the ‘online’ identity with a ‘real world’ named individual.

Again, I don't feel bad about cheaters having their names displayed in public, the more the better to prevent cheating - I just don't think lawyers working for game publishers and developers would agree.

ok
    Here an extract of ea privacy legal notice

Use of Data

When you use an EA Service, EA may collect and store data from your computer or device, including information about your computer or device and operating system (such as IP Address and device ID), information about your EA Service usage, gameplay and usage statistics, system interactions and peripheral hardware (for example, to protect your game stats, EA may place a randomly generated identification number in the keychain storage of your device. That identifier will be removed when you reset your device). If you play an EA Service offline, this data will be stored on your device and transmitted to EA when your device connects to the Internet. EA uses this information to operate its business, improve its products and services, provide services to and communicate with you (including for marketing purposes), provide software updates, dynamically served content and software support, and trouble-shoot bugs or otherwise enhance your experience. If you participate in online services, EA also may collect, use, store, transmit and publicly display statistical data regarding game play (including scores, rankings and achievements), or identify content that is created and shared by you with other players.

Your data is collected, used, stored and transmitted by EA Inc. in the United States, in accordance with EA's Privacy and Cookie Policy at privacy.ea.com.

This sentence especially :
    If you participate in online services, EA also may collect, use, store, transmit and publicly display statistical data regarding game play (including scores, rankings and achievements)

So why not providing a list af anonymized users being banned with timestamp of reports and statistical data of the reported games and also the timestamp of the ban????

at least with that we will see that someting is happening against cheating

This discussion has been closed.