[Rant] Why is this game so hellbent on achieving just mediocrity or even less?

Hawxxeye
6868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
So I am playing some Pacific War for the weekly assignments and some general fun and it is the usual stuff.
Unbalanced teams: The team I was at on Iwo jima CQ won 580-0 cause the other team did not even try to get bases.
The imbalance carried over the next rounds. I kept talking about how hard can it be to have some squad scrambler in place.
Then the big event happens: During my attempts to rebuild a tank station an MMG proner kills me PERMANENTLY which means I cannot get back to the spawn screen and others cannot even see my body to revive like it used to be possible in the past. Only waiting out the round or quitting fixes that.
The icing on the cake: I quit to rejoin and I remember that unlike previous titles this game holds no server history which means I cannot find the server I was to get back.
All this makes me consider  a quote by Michelangelo:
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.

I think that this game did the opposite of that quote and actively tries to aim to see how low it can aim while achieving its mark...

One can say that a team balancer and bug fixing can be hard. But how hard can it be to make up for all those problems by at least having QoL things featured in older games like a server history tracker? How many corners does this game try to cut outside of  overcompensating on the graphics department trying to make PC users buy new 1100 euro machines to run this hardware resources black hole without dropping bellow 60 FPS?!

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    6868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The whole game is a social experiment. The Illuminati wants to know how much crap they can throw on the masses before they revolt. We're test rats. :p
    BFV is the last jedi equivalent in a game.
    IF DICE/EA does not get their act together the next BFV will their Solo/Rise of Skywalker  equivalent.

• BaronVonGoon
    7017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

BFV is the last jedi equivalent in a game.IF DICE/EA does not get their act together the next BFV will their Solo/Rise of Skywalker  equivalent.

Haha

That would be repugnant. Lol
  • wasp9166
    311 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    i know man , i was just holding down A with a couple guys on wake , not one, two bombs gets dropped on B, i watch it almost go blue , then go right back to red , so i'm like, muh.......i run up there , there's prob 30 japanese down in the tank holes 

lol, smh ...........legit  scared to die in a game .........get in the objective , and keep getting in till you get enough help

friggin standing in bushes waxing their k/d 

it's unbelievable how beta kids are today, you can see it in a game 

i legit wish i could yell and shove them as i run by 
  • Hawxxeye
    wasp9166 said:
    i know man , i was just holding down A with a couple guys on wake , not one, two bombs gets dropped on B, i watch it almost go blue , then go right back to red , so i'm like, muh.......i run up there , there's prob 30 japanese down in the tank holes 

lol, smh ...........legit  scared to die in a game .........get in the objective , and keep getting in till you get enough help

Here I am one of those guys still trying to attack/defend an objective while many others hang back to preserve their K/D and thus I die a lot if the team is bad and I cannot get a vehicle to filter out some sources of deaths.
    Then when I try to moan on the chat about the team being special Olympics level, some guy often has the sass to say that I should shut up cause I got more deaths than kills on the scoreboard (from trying to play the objective)...

• aquadude79
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    wasp9166 said:

Here I am one of those guys still trying to attack/defend an objective while many others hang back to preserve their K/D and thus I die a lot if the team is bad and I cannot get a vehicle to filter out some sources of deaths.
    Then when I try to moan on the chat about the team being special Olympics level, some guy often has the sass to say that I should shut up cause I got more deaths than kills on the scoreboard (from trying to play the objective)...

Are there REALLY that many people who care about their K/D over their SPM? I don't know, actually asking. That seems insane to me.
    Fully agree about players being scared to die, THAT you can see. But i'm not sure that's directly related to K/D in their minds. Just general cowardice.
  • Hawxxeye
    Hawxxeye said:
    wasp9166 said:

Are there REALLY that many people who care about their K/D over their SPM? I don't know, actually asking. That seems insane to me.
    Fully agree about players being scared to die, THAT you can see. But i'm not sure that's directly related to K/D in their minds. Just general cowardice.
    But death inside the game has only an effect on the scoreboard stats and some assignments. It is not something scary outside of some jumpscares

• DingoKillr
    4008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

Here I am one of those guys still trying to attack/defend an objective while many others hang back to preserve their K/D and thus I die a lot if the team is bad and I cannot get a vehicle to filter out some sources of deaths.Then when I try to moan on the chat about the team being special Olympics level, some guy often has the sass to say that I should shut up cause I got more deaths than kills on the scoreboard (from trying to play the objective)...

Know that feeling.
  • DingoKillr
    4008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wake is bad for the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to many tanks, at start of a round I went 0-6 playing Assault, with smaller teams it like every player is hiding in a tank.

The spawns on wake need a real look at. I don't know how many times I spawn on flag 15m from enemy tank in the open.
  • dariarty
    96 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    wasp9166 said:

I propose the creation of a new class. The Commissar.

This class cannot be picked it can only be earned from in game SPM from flag capping/defending, heal/revive/re-supply/repair/spot etc. The player who succeeds in accumulating these points through noble PTO actions will be given a choice to take up the mantle of Commissar.

Once chosen the shameful teammates whose SPM has fallen below standard become highlighted on the screen as a bright yellow. It is the Commissar's duty to execute one of these cowards to set an example to the rest. 
    After motivation has been provided either a message or voice will broadcast to your entire team that '(Insert Playername) has been executed for cowardice. Now take B!!!'.

The executed player is summarily kicked from the server and cannot rejoin. Also 100 deaths are added to the individuals K/D.

After an appropriate cool down period the Commissar ability reactivates and further motivation may be applied once more.

• Hawxxeye
    dariarty said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    wasp9166 said:

This class cannot be picked it can only be earned from in game SPM from flag capping/defending, heal/revive/re-supply/repair/spot etc. The player who succeeds in accumulating these points through noble PTO actions will be given a choice to take up the mantle of Commissar.

Once chosen the shameful teammates whose SPM has fallen below standard become highlighted on the screen as a bright yellow. It is the Commissar's duty to execute one of these cowards to set an example to the rest. 
    After motivation has been provided either a message or voice will broadcast to your entire team that '(Insert Playername) has been executed for cowardice. Now take B!!!'.

The executed player is summarily kicked from the server and cannot rejoin. Also 100 deaths are added to the individuals K/D.

After an appropriate cool down period the Commissar ability reactivates and further motivation may be applied once more.

This reminded me a bit of a round of operations in BF1 in a rented server where the admin started kicking camping people in the attacking team until he culled all the campers and the attacking team started to push
  • Foxassassin
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    dariarty said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    wasp9166 said:

This reminded me a bit of a round of operations in BF1 in a rented server where the admin started kicking camping people in the attacking team until he culled all the campers and the attacking team started to push
    You see,the problem with that,is having people (good people) on overwatch,can help an attacking team. Even a bodyshot will force people into cover and/or waste medic pouches. If no one's pushing, that's a problem. But this stigma against "camping" when people can't even agree on what the term even means is a joke.
    -
    The game needs all kinds to work, cutting out a personally biased playstyle will destroy servers. I've seen far too many matches in various games where people just run,over and over into heavy fire. And die. And die. And they loose. Does anyone risk slowing down for a fraction of a second to think about any alternatives at the risk of being branded a camper because they did something besides mindlessly rush,at the other team's perspective?
  • Foxassassin
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    dariarty said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    wasp9166 said:

Well. I typed up a response to this,but the forums ate it.
    -
    Basically,we need all playstyles. The stigma against camping is a joke,especially when people can't even agree on the same definition of the word,even more so when it's used in the viewer's disgression.
    -
    Having good people on overwatch,not pushing with the group is a good thing. Damage will force people into cover and/or make them waste medic supplies. Having no one push is bad,sure. But I'd rather play game with a few people in the back,rather than the entire time running into a death wall over, and over, and over, hoping brute force will win...

• NLBartmaN
    4305 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The whole idea behind this game is bad and the game totally has the wrong priorities.

They try/have tried to fix some of the wrong priorities/ideas (WW2 vibe, visibility, audio, CoD gameplay that can't be consistently processed by consoles/the servers, poor vehicles, etc).

But some things need to be good and optimized from the start, they have to be part of the base code and can't be added/changed later on and that is where we are ...

The game looks amazing (with the right Nvidia graphics card even better ... 🤔😋) , environmental sound is mind-blowing, but the game plays like trash.

The game playing smooth and consistent on all platforms surely wasn't their priority
  • golfhacker27
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With the game now heavily discounted (currently just 16 $ on US PS Store) the devs are just farming for maximum noobs. And the gameplay has been adjusted for them. 
    The devs have just given the finger to the long standing community that have supported the growth of this franchise.
  • wasp9166
    311 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    cuz ea greed 
  • spartanx169x
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

You see,the problem with that,is having people (good people) on overwatch,can help an attacking team. Even a bodyshot will force people into cover and/or waste medic pouches. If no one's pushing, that's a problem. But this stigma against "camping" when people can't even agree on what the term even means is a joke.-The game needs all kinds to work, cutting out a personally biased playstyle will destroy servers. I've seen far too many matches in various games where people just run,over and over into heavy fire. And die. And die. And they loose. Does anyone risk slowing down for a fraction of a second to think about any alternatives at the risk of being branded a camper because they did something besides mindlessly rush,at the other team's perspective?

I think you got on something. The attrition system, I think it is a big contributing factor- “wasting med packs”. This is why attrition is a terrible for normal gameplay for hardcore it would make sense , but not for normal play. How often do players step out take a few steps get hit and are forced to retreat to get a med pack? How often do players shoot people out of their preferred range just if nothing other than to slow them down knowing they will slow down or retreat to get a med pack. I know myself I will take wild shots knowing I won’t kill the player but will force them to stop or retreat.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mediocrity is the DICE way. Beta quality organization yields beta quality product. Vote with your wallets people!
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It surely did not take you a year to figure this out, did it? The one selling feature of this game is that it's core gameplay premise is still that of 2001's BF, that attracts a few people. I'd argue that the core gameplay of this title at release was mediocre and turned decent over the year, just to become sub-par two weeks, ago. However, everything surrounding this core gameplay is an utter fail. The UI/UX is horrible since Day 1, which is my biggest gripe, every feature that they have or added is barebone at most, and everything you are supposed to do, achieve or set your sail towards is unbelievably cumbersome. This game is a perfet showcase how not to release or caress a game.