Game no longer requires skill!

2»

Comments

• talhaONE
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    No recoil?

Didnt you notice almsot no sway?

Sniping is easymode boring now. DICE killed the things that made gunplay interesting and challenging. Every weapon feels soulless now.
    The CoD-road DICE chose in early stages of BF5 proved disastrous.

Yeah sniping is easy mode thats why everyone is running around with Stg44.
  • tempo_rarity
    1443 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No one wants to die 8 times  (myself , I'm in the 'don't care' camp on this , knowing that some tasks are more 'expensive' than others)
    It seems almost a certainty however , that either your killers' Positioning and/or Shooting Skills played some sort of role in those 8 deaths .

(flukes and luck aside)
    What is a Death in an FPS Game if not a momentary lapse of 'Skill' in a Player , occurring at the exact same time that an abundance of it appears in someone else?

I don't believe I've seen a High Kills-Zero Deaths Player in the final Scoreboards in BFV yet .
    Apparently , even the best of the best are prone to being 'out-skilled' by an Opponent .
    Apparently , the application of more Skill could reduce any Players 8 death tally .....
  • KPNuts74
    765 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No one wants to die 8 times  (myself , I'm in the 'don't care' camp on this , knowing that some tasks are more 'expensive' than others)
    It seems almost a certainty however , that either your killers' Positioning and/or Shooting Skills played some sort of role in those 8 deaths .

(flukes and luck aside)
    What is a Death in an FPS Game if not a momentary lapse of 'Skill' in a Player , occurring at the exact same time that an abundance of it appears in someone else?

I don't believe I've seen a High Kills-Zero Deaths Player in the final Scoreboards in BFV yet .
    Apparently , even the best of the best are prone to being 'out-skilled' by an Opponent .
    Apparently , the application of more Skill could reduce any Players 8 death tally .....
    Whole squads can have zero deaths in BFV
  • hkspm123
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol went 78 8 last night inside a tank , tank is like easy mode , like all u gotta is camp at distance and shoot ur connon that have 100% accuracy . worst case scenario is out of ammo or die once no big deal at all
  • mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still have to chuckle at the use of "skill" in these forums...
  • ProAssassin2003
    3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that all my clanmates who are better at gunplay than me get significantly more kills and die less than I.The better gunplayers still do way better than worse ones

Yes. Thus the reason it takes no skill.
    Game is now in easy mode.

If the game is easy mode then why every single game half of my Team is going 5-20 or worse?

That hasn't changed before or after TTK change.
  • SQHDP
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Worse than that. All people do is hide. Hide. And keep hiding so they can ruin everyone else's match and not feel like the only failures
  • Skitelz7
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    The main issue lies on the weapon upgrades that gives you magically less recoil to the already almost non-existant recoil, better hipfire or support the ADAD spam. This whole system is broken and stupid to begin with. 

It would´ve been MUCH better if every single gun would´ve it´s own recoil (and give weapons some ACTUAL recoil) and accuracy pattern, a fixed value for hipfiring and here and there some weapon mods like a sight, a bigger magazine, bipod, etc. depending of the weapon ofcourse. 

If I look back up to BF3, even BC2, it doesn´t make any difference what kind of automatic weapon I play. I only see some recoilless highly accurate lasergun where I can spam my magazine until the enemy is dead. 

I'm not a fan of the specializations either.
    I rather have an attachment system like BF4.
  • Skitelz7
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    No recoil?

Didnt you notice almsot no sway?

Sniping is easymode boring now. DICE killed the things that made gunplay interesting and challenging. Every weapon feels soulless now.
    The CoD-road DICE chose in early stages of BF5 proved disastrous.

The whole game is now easy mode.
    I haven't played in two days cause there's just no challenge anymore.
  • Skitelz7
    It is now easy mode and I actually feel cheap getting kills.
    Guns have no recoil to control.
    Enemies are pretty much always spotted either on the minimap or on screen.
    If I position myself badly and take some shots I have about 5 hours to run to cover since the TTK is so high meaning I don't get punished for bad positioning.
    So easy!
    Yesterday I went 38-8 without even trying.
    What has DICE done with my boy?!
    Absolutely murdered the skill ceiling that's what.
    Such a shame.

so are you a bad player? normally if a versus game gets "less skill based" the differences in performance between a good and a bad player starts to decrease, with the good player doing worse and the bad player doing better than before. now seeing that you use "going 38-8" as an argument I come to the conclusion mentioned at the start. is this correct?

Nope. I consider myself a good player with a KD well above 2.0 in most matches.
    What I'm saying is that the game is now unsatisfying to play.
    It's too forgiving.
    Too easy.
    A chore.

again... if its too forgiving, "easy" and doesn't require skill, then how do you as a good player do better now than before? I mean not everyone can do better at the same time. If someone does better someone else will do worse (at least in terms of score such as 38-8, which you mentioned). and, as I said, if it doesn't require skill than this will benefit the less skilled (rather bad) player... not the good ones.

Your logic is flawed but I don't feel like going into it.
  • AmosBurton_GER
    950 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing wrong with his logic, he describes the "new" BFV quite well.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that all my clanmates who are better at gunplay than me get significantly more kills and die less than I.The better gunplayers still do way better than worse ones

Yes. Thus the reason it takes no skill.
    Game is now in easy mode.

If the game is easy mode then why every single game half of my Team is going 5-20 or worse?

That hasn't changed before or after TTK change.
    Because trying to find logic in some statements is hard and I'd rather not do that.
  • The_BERG_366
    2817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If I position myself badly and take some shots I have about 5 hours to run to cover since the TTK is so high meaning I don't get punished for bad positioning.
    So easy!
    Such a shame.

so are you a bad player? normally if a versus game gets "less skill based" the differences in performance between a good and a bad player starts to decrease, with the good player doing worse and the bad player doing better than before. now seeing that you use "going 38-8" as an argument I come to the conclusion mentioned at the start. is this correct?

It's too forgiving.
    Too easy.
    A chore.

again... if its too forgiving, "easy" and doesn't require skill, then how do you as a good player do better now than before? I mean not everyone can do better at the same time. If someone does better someone else will do worse (at least in terms of score such as 38-8, which you mentioned). and, as I said, if it doesn't require skill than this will benefit the less skilled (rather bad) player... not the good ones.

what a joke of a reply. either reply properly by providing arguments or let it be but spare me with this kindergarden level comments.
    one 6 yo to another. "you know I can hear what you are thinking".
    "oh really? Well what am I thinking now?"
    "I don't feel like telling you right now" 😂😂😂
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I use to be top 5 in 5.0 and 5.2.  But now with 5.2.2 and high pings all over again on XBOX1.  Its like a mix bag for me.  Not sure which one of me is gonna show up as in Jekyll or Hyde.  As in top 5 or middle of the pack.  Guess I could say I don't play daily like I use to since I got two new games as in Surviving the Aftermath and Dawn of Man.  But them new games kinda lame now as well already.  But BF5 does feel a bit stale.  I get on mainly to finish up chapter 5 and TOW's. 
    Also would be nice to see a road map for chapter 6 and beyond since no Bad Company 3 till late 2021 or early 2022.  That's a long way's off for another Battlefield.  Shock EA is going with this and get no money.  Unless BF5 will also be exclusive remastered for XBOX2 and PS5.  Then later have the old weak version of BF5 backwards compatible years later of XBOX1 and PS4 version of Battlefield.  Figure BF4 was on two consoles.  I could see EA trying to double dip and have BF5 out again for next gen.  Heck Rockstar double dipped and had GTA5 on both gen consoles.
  • Skitelz7
    So easy!
    Such a shame.

It's too forgiving.
    Too easy.
    A chore.

what a joke of a reply. either reply properly by providing arguments or let it be but spare me with this kindergarden level comments.
    one 6 yo to another. "you know I can hear what you are thinking".
    "oh really? Well what am I thinking now?"
    "I don't feel like telling you right now" 😂😂😂

😴
  • GrizzGolf
    1445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not this again really?
  • CSO7777
    2023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good players are good at 'using' the game-mechanics to their advantage. They will still be better than 'bad' players.

They have better aim, better movement, better positioning etc. This will give them at least the same advantage as they had in 5.0.

I think that if Dice wanted new players to stay in the game, they should fix some of the fundamental issues in the game:
    • Visibility is bad in general. Red icons within 15 meters doesn't really fix this.
    • Audio not working, people/vehicles can flank too easily and come 'out of nowhere' (no footsteps, engine noise etc). This also makes tanks/planes more frustrating for infantry, because they are often not heard at all or only after they killed you.
    • TTD bug is still in the game
    • Movement is extreme, ADAD-spam is very bad in this game. This also affects the visibility problem, people can move so fast that the 'netcode' can't really keep up with it (in and out of cover). Make movement like in BF1 after the last adjustments made by Dice LA.
    • Chaos in BF-games is extreme. This is part of what makes BF-games BF, but for new players it is a problem. BFV seems more chaotic than BF1/BF4 somehow. Whether it's the maps or what the problem is, I really don't know. And we still want BFV to be a BF-game...
    • The "5.2/5.22" gun-play has made half the guns almost useless. That will not make it easier for new/casual players to understand. They now have to know the 'meta' of the game, because chances are that they will try to use weapons that just doesn't work.
    • Don't insult players with UIs that takes ages to quit games, is confusing to use and in general just feels slow/cumbersome.
    • Remove CC and the armoury from level/weapon/tow progression, an overly complicated, hard to understand system in the game, which just makes things confusing.