High ping players

Electrician_340
5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
First time posting been playing for 4 years on battlefield. You have got to do something about high ping players playing out of region. It is destroying the fun factor. I'm north America west coast ps4. My ping average is 25 to 30. When I join west coast servers now there are a large amount of players pinging 140 to 250 most of the players are out of region. My shots do not register the same and is making the game unplayable. Why am I penalized for having a good connection? I can play east coast with 65 to 70 ping and do fine. Only difference is there may only be like 4 or 5 players pinging 150+. Players need to play in their own region. Along with the 5.2 update it is unplayable for me. I get all three lag symbols in right corner of screen while playing in west, but in east with few high pingers I get 1 or none of these symbols....

Comments

• ReaListiiK
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wassup Electrician, it's Sorenovaaa I upvoted this post. Too many high pings making the server laggy for players with good connection. Doesn't seem to be too big of a penalty when having 120 + ping since a lot of players seem to eat up bullets ,and seem to instantly kill you
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You guys are a joke.. it's the same for the high ping players...

Dont believe me go play on a eu server from the states or vice versa.

There is no advantage of being high ping..
  • JedMosley81
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with you, I'm at 20 ping West US, and i have half a server of 100+ and i get countless one frame deaths, and guys who hardly take damage when I shoot them. But it doesnt seem to be the ultra high pingers that are the sponges but the ones that sit in the middle around 60 or 70 ping. Seems to be the sweet spot now with so many out of regioners.
    It's sad, but I often get better hit registry on East US 90 ping
  • JedMosley81
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play with a lot of guys in that 40-70 ping range and their games are way more stable in terms of lag/hit reg.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

They don't get any advantage , but when there are too many it pisses with the server. 
    Tell me why on a US east server the other morning there were 43 players with pings of 125ms or more. I mean wtf? Why
  • MSKelly1976
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That’s nothing... I regularly see players with 280, 350, and 420 latency. It’s insane!
  • Matty101yttam
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In bf4 the hitmarkers were almost instant, and there wasn't so much difference in weapon drop off damages, so people unknowingly were killing based on hitmarker patterns, you'd 'feel' the correct amount of hits then switch target and the guy would die even if he was lagging.
    BfV however it seems the hitmarkers only register once it gets confirmed by the other person, so hitmarker times are WAAAY off, your damage still counts on the server but people think they aren't doing damage due to lack of markers, they are still shooting at their enemy waiting for the hits to come through when they should be moving on.

Long story short, lagging doesn't make people unkillable and lagging doesn't help you, the aggressor has the advantage regardless of pings.

• JedMosley81
    (Quote)
    They don't get any advantage , but when there are too many it pisses with the server. 
    Tell me why on a US east server the other morning there were 43 players with pings of 125ms or more. I mean wtf? Why

Because the quick match option is broken, it always is. Most blueberries don't even notice what server they are being put in. There should be only be advanced search/server browser or join friends as an option and I'm sure most players would just join their closest location
  • MogwaiWarrior
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Out of region, not out of region, it doesn’t matter with this game. This is easily the worst netcode I have ever seen out of any BF game. Shots not registering, getting shot behind cover WAY after you have been behind cover, enemies who can pop round corners and melt you in an instant, etc, etc. I guarantee what I see on my screen is nothing like the enemy sees on his screen.
  • KPNuts74
    654 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I always play out of region (US East) but my ping is only 88 there.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is a true statement. High pingers are cancer. Bring Punkbuster back you morons.
  • KPNuts74
    654 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First time posting been playing for 4 years on battlefield. You have got to do something about high ping players playing out of region. It is destroying the fun factor. I'm north America west coast ps4. My ping average is 25 to 30. When I join west coast servers now there are a large amount of players pinging 140 to 250 most of the players are out of region. My shots do not register the same and is making the game unplayable. Why am I penalized for having a good connection? I can play east coast with 65 to 70 ping and do fine. Only difference is there may only be like 4 or 5 players pinging 150+. Players need to play in their own region. Along with the 5.2 update it is unplayable for me. I get all three lag symbols in right corner of screen while playing in west, but in east with few high pingers I get 1 or none of these symbols....

Players need to play in their own region? It’s the 21st century and I’ve been playing with my American friends for 10 years now.
  • diagoro
    1584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

A dev from Dice stated there WAS an advantage for high pingers. There's a long thread on the BF1 forum
  • Matty101yttam
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro said:

A dev from Dice stated there WAS an advantage for high pingers. There's a long thread on the BF1 forum
    Love to see this thread.
    I know for a fact i do way better the lower the ping, sure high pingers do some weird stuff but the overall stability and smoothness of the game is worth so much more if your a high paced player.
    I've seen my perspective at 60 ping compared to players in the same game at sub 20 and to the lower ping guy everyone is standing around like muppets because they're lagging behind.
    Then on my screen i have to play the game like a cs pro because every bullet is a 1 hit kill and i'll die the instant their gun clears a corner(and sometimes before) even if they have an smg.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro said:

Love to see this thread.
    I know for a fact i do way better the lower the ping, sure high pingers do some weird stuff but the overall stability and smoothness of the game is worth so much more if your a high paced player.
    I've seen my perspective at 60 ping compared to players in the same game at sub 20 and to the lower ping guy everyone is standing around like muppets because they're lagging behind.
    Then on my screen i have to play the game like a cs pro because every bullet is a 1 hit kill and i'll die the instant their gun clears a corner(and sometimes before) even if they have an smg.
    Its in the battlefield 1 forums and it is very informative. There was a dev that was very active by providing lots of feedback. He did indeed say very high ping could have advantages and could have negative effects on a server. Not sure but I think he had a hand in the bf1 short lived patch that made playing awful for high ping players. Think the dev was Mischkag or something like that.
     Thread may have been, " When is Dice going to do something about oor players"
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With 5.2.2 it horrible pinger's all over the place on XBOX1.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Same on ps4 and it's especially bad early in the morning for some reason. Just checked two us west servers BT after seeing your post and one had 27 players with pings of 125 and higher with 5 of those players with over 200ms. The other serverhad 21 high pings with 3 above 200ms. This shouldn't even be a thing. I don't think they get advantages but imo it pisses with server performance big time.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Same on ps4 and it's especially bad early in the morning for some reason. Just checked two us west servers BT after seeing your post and one had 27 players with pings of 125 and higher with 5 of those players with over 200ms. The other serverhad 21 high pings with 3 above 200ms. This shouldn't even be a thing. I don't think they get advantages but imo it pisses with server performance big time.

I think plenty of high pings can alter a server a tad to ruin my 2 shot killing self loading rifles.  I was so ticked off yesterday.  I'm usually the rifle man going wild.  But when people aren't dropping up close with 2 shots there's something wrong.  Also need more maps.  Most of the old ones are very stale.  New one's been over played already.  Who knows when we get Solomon Islands released other then the stated sometime in 2020.  Also no new road map for chapter 6.
  • ElliotLH
    8910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I think plenty of high pings can alter a server a tad to ruin my 2 shot killing self loading rifles.  I was so ticked off yesterday.  I'm usually the rifle man going wild.  But when people aren't dropping up close with 2 shots there's something wrong.  Also need more maps.  Most of the old ones are very stale.  New one's been over played already.  Who knows when we get Solomon Islands released other then the stated sometime in 2020.  Also no new road map for chapter 6.

Bet you a cat picture it's the matchmaker issue shunting people to OOR servers.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    ElliotLH said:
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

Bet you a cat picture it's the matchmaker issue shunting people to OOR servers.

I only use advance search for filter with conquest USA and 5+ slots.  I know quick match will throw you anywhere in the world for servers.  Maybe others don't know this.  Mainly started to happen with 5.2.2.  I don't remember seeing high pings for 5.2.