AT Mines?

LeesSummit09
490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
On Iwo Jima, ps4, set 3 mines across road, tank track damaged. So try putting mines tighter, again only damage. Had it happen a 3rd time same game. So, 3 mines no longer destroy tanks evidently?

Comments

• dannyB0i87
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm let's do the math - 3x25=??? 
    117.2 if I'm not mistaken.... 
  • JedMosley81
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On Iwo Jima, ps4, set 3 mines across road, tank track damaged. So try putting mines tighter, again only damage. Had it happen a 3rd time same game. So, 3 mines no longer destroy tanks evidently?

You need four now. Pretty much you have to throw down 2, resupply and put down 2 more.
  • DukeSan27
    1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The reason is that anti-tank mine role in the game is to disable a Tank. And not get a easy kill by place-3-together-and-forget mechanism. 

This was actually fixed in BF1, where you could not place 2 mines on top of each other. You had to place them some distance apart, which meant you could not get a kill, unless the Tank continued to drive onto other mines and cause new explosions. The balance was that a single mine caused massive damage (but not enough for a kill on a full health Tank).

In BFV, they are yet to implement the behavior of preventing stacking of mines together. (It was a late feature in BF1 life). When that happens, except mine damage to go up.

But bottom line is that mines will not kill a full health Tank.
  • almothana11
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nope. 3 mines can't kill a tank anymore /:

• jlayton1982
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    3 AT mines and 3 PIAT never took a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ tank out last night on Wake Island.. I was like WTF.

2 Panzerfaust from the rear and 2 Grenade Rifles on a SDKFZ 251 half track on Devastation last night.. driver jumped out and shot me whilst reloading.

AT mines are to dumbed down now considering AT projectiles are needed.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    The reason is that anti-tank mine role in the game is to disable a Tank. And not get a easy kill by place-3-together-and-forget mechanism. 
    This was actually fixed in BF1, where you could not place 2 mines on top of each other. You had to place them some distance apart, which meant you could not get a kill, unless the Tank continued to drive onto other mines and cause new explosions. The balance was that a single mine caused massive damage (but not enough for a kill on a full health Tank).

In BFV, they are yet to implement the behavior of preventing stacking of mines together. (It was a late feature in BF1 life). When that happens, except mine damage to go up.

“Not get an easy kill”

Who’s fault is it if they run over mines?

It’s just more excuses to buff tanks and nothing more
  • jroggs
    1224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, they nerfed mines. They now do 28 damage to light tanks, 25 damage to medium tanks, and 20 damage to heavy tanks. Also they only deal this damage with contact with extremely weak blast damage if they are detonated some other way, so even though you can place up to six total mines now they're almost definitely not going to be able to kill a tank, since the other nearby mines will detonate sympathetically and do trivial damage.

But they cause a guaranteed track disable now! Which will be... totally useless 99% of the time. If you're playing Assault there is zero reason to use mines over dynamite, if you're Support you have nothing to follow up that mine damage except maybe 20 damage from the sticky balloon, and either way you're probably not there because only the most boring insane person in the world would place mines and then camp them. Maybe they're mildly useful for the defending team on Breakthrough, if you imagine that all the AT players on your team will notice the approaching tank that got disabled and start bombarding it with their wimpy launchers. I dunno, I've hit mines several times since 5.2 dropped and not once were any enemy players around to capitalize. I guess the mines are there so you can see some random damage points pop up on your screen and have a private chuckle at the tanker you've mildly inconvenienced briefly.

The mines kinda suck now, is what I'm getting at.

I don't really mind if mines are bad, since drop-and-forget weapons like that don't really enhance the fun of the game much if they are effective. But I think Support in particular needed something to fill the gap, but all they got was nerfs and now Support has zero useful gadgets.
  • DukeSan27
    1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:

“Not get an easy kill”

Who’s fault is it if they run over mines?

It’s just more excuses to buff tanks and nothing more
    I think this is what is called a logic failure. What difficultly was there in placing in 3 mines on top of each other? It has nothing to do with what the Tank does or does not do.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    (Quote)
    I think this is what is called a logic failure. What difficultly was there in placing in 3 mines on top of each other? It has nothing to do with what the Tank does or does not do.

Oh Christ no wonder this games a train wreck!
    You nerf an object that takes the enemy to physically run over it to kill him!
    Rather than looking for your next easy kill how’s about looking at where your going or is that a little too much like hard work!

Nope hold on let’s just equip all the classes with sling shots and be done with it.
  • Noodlesocks
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah Dice Sweden overreacted yet again and nerfed them into oblivion. Maybe next patch they'll be on the other end of Dice Sweden's never ending balance rollercoaster and somehow manage to kill planes who fly directly over them at high altitude. Who knows at this point.
  • ackers75
    Yeah Dice Sweden overreacted yet again and nerfed them into oblivion. Maybe next patch they'll be on the other end of Dice Sweden's never ending balance rollercoaster and somehow manage to kill planes who fly directly over them at high altitude. Who knows at this point.
    Happens all the time.....cry hard enough and dice usually oblige.

• StupidNameHere
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice couldn't balance this game if they set the disc on a coffee table.
  • DukeSan27
    ackers75 said:
    (Quote)

Oh Christ no wonder this games a train wreck!
    You nerf an object that takes the enemy to physically run over it to kill him!
    Rather than looking for your next easy kill how’s about looking at where your going or is that a little too much like hard work!

Nope hold on let’s just equip all the classes with sling shots and be done with it.
    Once again, fail. Maybe too much salt.
  • LeesSummit09
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For support, the mines could be used aggressively. Used to be fun to sneak behind tank(sometimes in front), lay mines and get them to move over them. Harder than several players chasing tank with sticky bombs and panzerfaust, but pointless now.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For support, the mines could be used aggressively. Used to be fun to sneak behind tank(sometimes in front), lay mines and get them to move over them. Harder than several players chasing tank with sticky bombs and panzerfaust, but pointless now.

I always tossed 3 mines at the tracks and shoot the mines to pop a tank.  Now that doesn't work.  Even sticky grenade with 3 mines doesn't work.
  • CrashCA
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You have been DICEd
  • ackers75
    What’s next.....70mph tiger tank?
    Churchill has proton torpedo or Sherman gets deflector shields?
  • RamFrog
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    What’s next.....70mph tiger tank?
    Churchill has proton torpedo or Sherman gets deflector shields?
    You're not thinking like DICE. Because anti tank weapons are less effective, hence making tanks more effective, logical conclusion is that the tanks should be made less effective. Counter a nerf with a nerf, never with a buff, that's the logic.
  • tempo_rarity
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (the true story)
    The (A).c.m.e (T)ickle Mine still Kills . . . you just gotta shoot it outta my hands as I lay it . . .   :p 

(the fable)
    If a Tiger tiger ever comes to my village , it ain't gonna be just me who goes out to (get eaten?)  -  nope , hopefully it'll be the whole village rising up against it as well .
    Sure , two of us will get slashed up a bit and poor Edgar will get chewed on , but between us all we'll also have poked , stabbed , slashed and beaten that beast to death .
    The best part? . . . on rare occasions , a knife shorter than the tigers claw is what eventually 'Kills' it .