Why So Many TANKS and overpowered Planes

Comments

• jamesnyers
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    No, they should drastically nerf the 3rd pov of tanks in this game. They see everything now. You cant sneak up on them, let alone flank.

Work as a squad. Surround the tank, revive and supply each other. Talk to each other. Just like in a real battle.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    1 good pilot on Fjell Conquest can make the round a total nightmare for the other team.

1 good infantry player cannot.

That’s the difference.

Fjell is a distaster and can't be taken as an eksampel imo.
  • Myrm1don
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    fjell is a bad map. And 1 good infantry player is often a nightmare for at least 70% of the players on one team sooo…..its relative
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s not that bad on breakthrough. For fjell conquest they should add a few tunnels that go through the mountains which would give troops shelter from bombs and make they map more interesting
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m said:
    It’s not that bad on breakthrough. For fjell conquest they should add a few tunnels that go through the mountains which would give troops shelter from bombs and make they map more interesting
    Agree. Like Iwo
  • VOLBANKER
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    VOLBANKER said:
    1 good pilot on Fjell Conquest can make the round a total nightmare for the other team.

1 good infantry player cannot.

That’s the difference.

Fjell is a distaster and can't be taken as an eksampel imo.

It can be a lot of fun many times :)
    I also hated it to begin with, but now I've come to like it.
  • CloneTrooperCT
    403 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Planes and tanks need to work together and focus on vehicles. That they to win
  • Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    One of the biggest problems with how things are is how little people want to go out of the way to dear with an enemy vehicle that is farming them.
    In the case of the planes there is also a relative lack of stationary guns in terms of numbers and good locations. The God Pilot phenomenon (aka when one of those top 1% pilots decides to make the other team their birch)  had been an issue as long as I have been playing BF games with fixed wing aircraft.
    random bomber clip:

Now how does the other team stops a plane doing this to them outside from a fighter which can still be countered by another fighter (aka be sandwiched between a rear gunner and a fighter on the tail) etc? The Ground is a pinata unless they got pilots able and willing to respond to this.
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m said:
    jroggs wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Why is it so hard to understand that EVERYTHING is OP and can dominate if the other team lets it ...

Destroyed 20 tanks, some planes and some infantry on Iwo Jima with a plane yesterday before the enemy team FINALLY started to target me (AA, FF, Fighters, etc) and they got me down very fast ...

Less than 1 minute later they had the sector ... which they were trying to get the 20 minutes before that ...

EVERYTHING can dominate if you let it ... everything has good counters, you just need to use them and forget about your precious stats for 2 seconds and stop whining ...
    Why is it so hard for you to understand the meaning of overpowered?

In your story it took a massive coordinated effort to end your reign of terror. "AA, FF, Fighters, etc..." Your words. So you think requiring four or more players to stop one is a reasonable counter? Are you trolling?
    (Quote)
    Every class and vehicle has it strengths and it weaknesses.

The only thing that might be a little OP are the 3x scope without glint on (semi) automatics, that was a really bad idea
    Okay, yeah, you're trolling.

Vehicles and infantry aren’t meant to be trading 1 for 1 just like irl.

Vehicles are special spawns because they’re meant to be special tools which are valuable and fearsome. Whether you’re playing Halo or SWBF that’s how it is

Irl you send tanks and/or planes against the hostile tanks because sending an infantry squadron will probably be very costly unless the terrain gives you a big advantage

Honestly mate you really ought to care less about what KD other people get
    I don't think that guy should really have any say in balance decisions, or anyone like him.  He keeps going on about how tanks and planes are OP but not only does he fail to ever provide actual evidence, he pulls out BS arguments when you point out the double standard for kill streaks.
    Apparently even though just about every Assault with an STG can easily manage a 20+ and even 40+ streak while soloing 5+ tanks, tanks are still OP.
    Even though Assault can pull those kinds of streaks and even though it only takes 1 guy on AA to guarantee clear skies all round, planes are still OP.
    He'll even trash talk people for actually pulling off what he claims to be impossible, simply because the enemy pilot didn't pop a QR while doing a low altitude approach, or because someone contributed to your kill with a tiny bit of damage when you clearly would have secured the kill even without the help.
    Hell, he'll even watch a clip of insta-killing a freshly spawned vehicle for less than 100 damage score earned and claim some one else must have damaged it after being shown quite clearly that it was a solo kill and that no one else could possibly have contributed.
  • Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m said:
    jroggs wrote: »
    Why is it so hard to understand that EVERYTHING is OP and can dominate if the other team lets it ...

Destroyed 20 tanks, some planes and some infantry on Iwo Jima with a plane yesterday before the enemy team FINALLY started to target me (AA, FF, Fighters, etc) and they got me down very fast ...

Less than 1 minute later they had the sector ... which they were trying to get the 20 minutes before that ...

EVERYTHING can dominate if you let it ... everything has good counters, you just need to use them and forget about your precious stats for 2 seconds and stop whining ...
    Why is it so hard for you to understand the meaning of overpowered?

In your story it took a massive coordinated effort to end your reign of terror. "AA, FF, Fighters, etc..." Your words. So you think requiring four or more players to stop one is a reasonable counter? Are you trolling?
    (Quote)
    Every class and vehicle has it strengths and it weaknesses.

The only thing that might be a little OP are the 3x scope without glint on (semi) automatics, that was a really bad idea
    Okay, yeah, you're trolling.

Vehicles and infantry aren’t meant to be trading 1 for 1 just like irl.

Vehicles are special spawns because they’re meant to be special tools which are valuable and fearsome. Whether you’re playing Halo or SWBF that’s how it is

Irl you send tanks and/or planes against the hostile tanks because sending an infantry squadron will probably be very costly unless the terrain gives you a big advantage

Honestly mate you really ought to care less about what KD other people get

Whats so special about them? They re-spawn awfully quickly, have easymode no-aim splashdamage now and have an all seeing eye in 3rd pov (on top of that, you can hear any inf closing in with good soundsettings).

I think tanks are for SPECIAL people now post 5.2 patch...
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rattoner wrote: »
    (Quote)

Sad that I have to spell this out, but your comment makes no sense. SAA, MAA, and FF are not allowing 1 person to single handedly turn the tide of the battle. EVEN IF every SAA, MAA, and FF player in the game was cheating, it STILL WOULD NOT have the same effect as a plane dominating the battlefield. Cheating/hacker pilots will absolutely leave no option to win. 

So, ya...its not quite the same as you suggest. 

You can’t balance around cheaters ffs. The best way to deal with the cheating pilots dominating games is to add an anti cheat system.
    Tho tbf I can’t blame you for not knowing that solution seeing as I only learnt about it whilst doing my PhD in quantum physics at Harvard

And 1 or 2 infantrymen can change the course of a battle. Every once in a while my team will either be doing really well and then one or two players will join their team, do some crazy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, decimate my team, makes us look like chumps and change the course of the game. It happens

In any case all it takes to make most pilots rage quit is 3 people on AA duty. Literally two SAAs and an FF will make most pilots rage quit. I saw it happen yesterday
  • SirBobdk
    edited December 2019
    mf_shro0m said:
    Rattoner wrote: »
    (Quote)

Sad that I have to spell this out, but your comment makes no sense. SAA, MAA, and FF are not allowing 1 person to single handedly turn the tide of the battle. EVEN IF every SAA, MAA, and FF player in the game was cheating, it STILL WOULD NOT have the same effect as a plane dominating the battlefield. Cheating/hacker pilots will absolutely leave no option to win. 

So, ya...its not quite the same as you suggest. 

You can’t balance around cheaters ffs. The best way to deal with the cheating pilots dominating games is to add an anti cheat system.
    Tho tbf I can’t blame you for not knowing that solution seeing as I only learnt about it whilst doing my PhD in quantum physics at Harvard

And 1 or 2 infantrymen can change the course of a battle. Every once in a while my team will either be doing really well and then one or two players will join their team, do some crazy ****, decimate my team, makes us look like chumps and change the course of the game. It happens

In any case all it takes to make most pilots rage quit is 3 people on AA duty. Literally two SAAs and an FF will make most pilots rage quit. I saw it happen yesterday

This game is infected with cheaters, but I can't say I have seen any in planes. Some may use WH in order to see enemies on the ground.
    I have not seen any except the top pilot on the leadeboard doing anything I can't. Actually I see most doing bad as pilots.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Planes on Breakthrough in a lot of areas are honestly just nearly invincible, at least for good pilots. I do see some of the better pilots out, but still not dying ever in Breakthrough means something is wrong lol.

Dice made tanks able to be tethered. It's a horrible decision IMHO. That leads to tank campers, but in general tanks are not exactly quite as bad as planes in certain areas. I can definitely see a few small nerfs. But in general a good squad can easily take out a tank.
  • SirBobdk
    edited December 2019
    Khronikos said:
    Planes on Breakthrough in a lot of areas are honestly just nearly invincible. I do see some of the better pilots out, but still not dying ever in Breakthrough means something is wrong lol.

As a pilot you don't unless enemy team have some good pilots who are willing to dogfight and not just going for ground.
    Otherwise its a farming fest. Most of the AA are placed in a wrong way and hardly no one uses the FF.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    SirBobdk said:
    Khronikos said:
    Planes on Breakthrough in a lot of areas are honestly just nearly invincible. I do see some of the better pilots out, but still not dying ever in Breakthrough means something is wrong lol.

As a pilot you don't unless enemy team have some good pilots who are willing to dogfight and not just going for ground.
    Otherwise its a farming fest. Most of the AA are placed in a wrong way and hardly no one uses the FF.

Yeah, it's an issue. I don't know what Dice is doing. Maybe they want more people to be pilots and they fail to understand flying sucks in this game. Only way more people will fly is if the controls are not bonkers. Maybe it's just not my thing lol.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    One of the biggest problems with how things are is how little people want to go out of the way to dear with an enemy vehicle that is farming them.
    In the case of the planes there is also a relative lack of stationary guns in terms of numbers and good locations. The God Pilot phenomenon (aka when one of those top 1% pilots decides to make the other team their birch)  had been an issue as long as I have been playing BF games with fixed wing aircraft.
    random bomber clip:

Now how does the other team stops a plane doing this to them outside from a fighter which can still be countered by another fighter (aka be sandwiched between a rear gunner and a fighter on the tail) etc? The Ground is a pinata unless they got pilots able and willing to respond to this.
    At second 15 you would have been dead if you would have been in my game.

Me and my Platoonmates would have shot you down with ease.

When you were one of the "victims" of that run or anyone after that, it is your own fault and lazyness that got you killed.
  • Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    (Quote)
    No, they should drastically nerf the 3rd pov of tanks in this game. They see everything now. You cant sneak up on them, let alone flank.

Work as a squad. Surround the tank, revive and supply each other. Talk to each other. Just like in a real battle.

Tank all seeing 3rd pov and mapflaws say no to that.

And smokeclouds? They see over that in 3rd pov. Not to mention the splashdamage of the tankshells make smokeclouds often suicide against tanks.
  • Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    NLBartmaN said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    random bomber clip:

At second 15 you would have been dead if you would have been in my game.

Me and my Platoonmates would have shot you down with ease.

When you were one of the "victims" of that run or anyone after that, it is your own fault and lazyness that got you killed.
    One just cannot have 3 other people doing their bidding at will.
    You described an extreme exception not the rule.
    The pilot can always bomb from higher altitude if he is aware of some good FF users in the other team.

• NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Hawxxeye said:
    One just cannot have 3 other people doing their bidding at will.
    You described an extreme exception not the rule.
    The pilot can always bomb from higher altitude if he is aware of some good FF users in the other team.

Then it is time to take one of the many (OP vs bomber) planes that can destroy a bomber within 1 second ...

But most important thing: NEVER join a Zerg when there is a bomber in the air ... and keep on moving ... by the time the bombs are on the ground from high altitude you are far enough away.

BTW at that altitude at the end of the clip a FF/AA can still hit you.
  • jlayton1982
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    (Quote)

The problem there being, if your playing on your own on Xbox at least, everyone is in party chat. Party chat needs to be disabled for open squads.