[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• GenCuster
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:
    (Quote)
    Aimbots can be adjusted to follow a normal pattern.

Yep this is apparently true. Looked up some players stats in recent days where they have 10% total accuracy but 66% headshot ratio trying to act normal.
    Someone will tell you they're not using cheats ...
    but they have a big TV ........ :D:D:D:D
  • KapitainKavern
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    more seriously the FOV has a major impact on target acquisition do a test between extreme values and you will see. The goal is to find the best matching your playstyle. 
    for me rushing = high fov
    snipping = low fov

i change it regularly
  • RipGroove99
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This really is just getting out of hand. Obvious cheater, the usual headshotting FG42 across the map, 30+ kills with 3 mins of the game starting, go to report him (even though its pointless as hackers have anti screenshot etc) and see his profile pic even says 'Please feel free to report the hacker'. I mean, this guy must get reported 100's of times a day, yet he's not banned? What happened to the good old days where IP bans stopped cheaters from just buying another cheapo origin account? I've stuck with this game through its ups and many downs but this sort of thing really makes me feel like no one really cares about stopping these prolific cheaters. Since the whole game was Nerfed in 5.2 I've found myself playing other games much more often and whenever I do jump back on I'm constantly reminded of the horrid experience it is right now.

This same cheater has been playing all week, still very obvious cheating (100+ kills per match), gets reported multiple times per match, has a 'hacker' related profile picture and is completely brazen about it and STILL nothing gets done?

They really need to deploy staff into random games to ban cheaters when they see them as these cheaters have ways around the whole automated mechanism for banning. I've ran into the same guy multiple times in the last week in random public games so it's not too far fetched that people could be deployed regularly to certain servers and actually catch these cheaters red handed. Clearly the whole screenshot thing has been circumvented meaning no matter how many times they are reported no evidence ever shows up to confirm it which is leading to them not being banned.

It's just a complete circus at the minute.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:
    NN_Buzz12 wrote: »
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    Cheaters are all around you in every
    BFV MULTIPLAYER maps if you are experts you can easily see them .
    With this kind of score
    Amateur cheater
    30 Kills 5 daeds
    Cheater with medium skills
    45 kills 3 deads
    Pro cheater
    75 kills 8 deads
    Pro cheater in aircraft bomber or tank could easily
    118 kills 2 deads
    Point is if other side have only 6 cheaters your team already lost 400 tickets most of the times they are more than 6
    Only few players with higher skills Can reach that kind of score
    Now it's up to you if you like this game you should Push the EA and Dice to make a action against cheaters other wise you are only in the game to cheaters have more fun
    If you need more info check my other post here

Lul what..30-5? Bahahahaha thats hilarious. Git gud is all i can say to that.

That’s it? That’s all you have to say “git gud? Hope you didn’t have to wait to share that message. Play on PC mr. camp Xbox guy. Everyone is a cheater in my eyes until EA fixes this problem.

I play on pc. Git gud if u think 30-5 is cheating. Thanks for replying without actually looking up stats. Lul
    The guy who has a link in his profile to his XBOX stats wants you to LOOK up his stats, because he does play on PC.  Sounds like a true example of a pure moron.  Does your red hat fit comfortably?
  • Uzzi_za
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    Hey Dice/Ea/Forum Manager. You know you have reach a new low when naming and shaming is forbidden on the forum, but cheater are OPENLY displaying their cheat and advertise it on the game chat. Just saying.

There is the dude that opnely admit (I mean, we saw it) they're cheating and that they don't care about report since they've been going on for month, and there the one that just advertise their paying cheatware for everyone that want a wall hack and the such.

That's some nice achievement dudes.
    In my personal opinion, no-one should give a damn if naming and shaming are allowed or not on the forum. It's the completely wrong thing to focus on.
    The amount of cheaters is important, the effectiveness of the anti-cheat and the reporting tools are important. What DICE is doing and how it's communicating about the issue is important. Being able to name who you think is cheating on this forum? not important!

Lets look at the upsides and downsides of naming and shaming:
    • Upsides:
      - Sometimes you publically shame a cheater
    • Downsides:
      - Ineffective, people won't get banned due to it (the Terms of Service teams don't have time to look around on the forum as the forum are not build to report players).
      - Unreliable and unfair, innocent, decent players that don't cheat will be blamed for cheating publically by all the people who can't tell cheaters from good players (judge and jury by public opinion).
      - Negativity and bad atmosphere and on the forum with people getting in verbal fights claiming each other cheat etc.
      - Makes it harder to find proper discussions as blame threads will appear all over the place.
    In short, there's a reason no naming and shaming on gaming platform forums are the industry standard. It's pretty pointless. Look at Steam for example, they also clearly list they don't want it and why they don't:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=848934862
    Of all the things to focus on and discuss, not being allowed to name and shame is probably the most irrelevant.

But steam has Vac bans what does EA have? Cant compare!

• losthunter340
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Posted 2 times.
    Post edited by losthunter340 on
  • GVlXxf
    474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I play on pc. Git gud if u think 30-5 is cheating. Thanks for replying without actually looking up stats. Lul

if people is still looking K/D,  it's out of date, it isn't useful , if they are using aiming locking, wall hack hit , map hacking etc. it can only be detected through experience and some basic manner( look shoot and cover/dodging).in BFV,  they all ( cheaters) is aiming u, their crosshair do on  ur body, if u did't have experience on distinguishing aimbot fire rate and normal fire rate, u will not be able to know how many cheaters in a server, at least , in asian, at least 4-5 or more is cheating in one server, some case can over 10 or more 

• losthunter340
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:
    (Quote)
    Sorry to break this down for you but yesterday I had 47-10 as a medic with a score of 25k an no.. I was not cheating. Players like you should not be the ones complaining about cheaters becuse you cant see the different about a good player or a cheater.

Yea. I went 51-5 on fjell without breaking a sweat using an MP28 lol the scores mentioned by the fella arent necessarily indicative of cheating...minus the bottom two. Now...30-5 with 100% headshot ratio with a lewis for ex. Would be fishy

That would be very fishy for sure!
    Aimbots can be adjusted to follow a normal pattern.

Absolutly but now we where talking about 100% headshot ratio.

A good cheater is a cheater you wont know they acually are cheating more then maybe wondering how he could be so lucky to get you that 1 or 2 times. Most cheaters are dumb thankfully.
  • Carbonic
    1894 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Uzzi_za said:

But steam has Vac bans what does EA have? Cant compare!
    Not really that relevant to my post but ok, "VAC" as a name is branding for whatever detection and automatic ban measures Valve has made. EA has stated to have similar systems in place too ( https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/anti-cheat-in-battlefield-5 ) - it just doesn't seem to have any branding with the exception that Fairfight is mentioned as one of the products/technologies used for detection.
    When VAC bans you, your Steam account is banned. When EA bans you, your Origin account is banned. All the things you mention easily compare (except that Valve branding and marketing of VAC which is better if existant > nothing).

What you don't mention and what might not compare are the effectiveness of the two solutions. I don't have the recent experience with VAC protected games or any numbers to tell you how they compare.
  • MrCamp121
    1099 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    (Quote)
    The guy who has a link in his profile to his XBOX stats wants you to LOOK up his stats, because he does play on PC.  Sounds like a true example of a pure moron.  Does your red hat fit comfortably?

Battlefieldtracker. You should try it. The irony in your comment is above your pay grade. You know just so youre aware, people play on multiple platforms. Gosh who knew?! Maybe try the website and search peoples stats before trying to sound intelligent on a forum
  • MrCamp121
    1099 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GVlXxf wrote: »
    (Quote)

Right. So once again a score of 30-5 is not indicative of cheating. Was your goal to prove my statement correct?
  • JoesDementia
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not going to bother playing again until there's a real anti-cheat solution in place.
  • DancesWthMice
    121 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Macfun_CZ said:
    At a time when our country was ruled by communists, we fought at least the humor of the communist regime. As the New Year is approaching and we have already lost our fight with the cheaters, a little humor will not hurt anyone again.

Ten steps to becoming BFV's best player:

1. Buy a BFV game.

2. I think of a nickname that must contain words like Big, Best, No1, King, Skiller, Killer, Noob Slayer, Boss, Master, PRO, pureAim, etc.

3. Under the same nickname I will set up my channel on Youtube where I will post my incredible videos tomorrow.

4. Subscribe to cheats for mothers credit card.

5. Because I also have to reward the creators of BFV for being free to use cheats in the game, I buy several skins.

6. Finally, I start playing the game.

7. Once I get level 1 and score better than 20: 0, I start writing to other players that they are noobs.

8. When someone accuses me of cheating because I'm only level 1, I write back to him:
    a) I am a PROplayer who is playing on his second PRO account and that I am already at the highest level in the training account.
    b) I am so good only because the other enemies are so bad.
    c) In this game no one has ever cheated and that only noobs complain. The other teammates will gladly confirm this as our team wins thanks to my cheats.

9) I will place the video from the game on Youtube.

10) The next day I show off to my classmates at school that even though I'm a looser in real life, I'm just the best in virtual life.
    "5. Because I also have to reward the creators of BFV for being free to use cheats in the game, I buy several skins."

Call this a tinfoil hat thing, whatever, but I have certainly noticed the Skin buying cheaters. EA knows if you are an in game spender. Would it be so strange if they allowed greater leniency with bans for spenders?

"2. I think of a nickname that must contain words like Big, Best, No1, King, Skiller, Killer, Noob Slayer, Boss, Master, PRO, pureAim, etc."

Names that start with xX(randomname)Xx, or my favorite: lI1Il111lII1  with a name like this it is hard to remember and pull stats due to "i", "L", and "1"'s all looking very similar in game.
  • DancesWthMice
    edited December 2019
    Ok so.... Doing a simple google search yields multiple sites to obtain cheats for the game...

Is EA able to do something about that legally? 
    So RaptorOneThree called me out constantly today. I sent him a friend request and told him in game I would be happy to open a dialogue on VOIP with him and bring him up to speed. Nothing but nastiness from him. 

I even pointed out how bad the cheating is in BFV, and to take a look at both the Forbes and BBC reports on game cheats. He would none of it. I was a cheat...FULL STOP.

I told him I could send video of the round as I record most games. No dice, I'm a cheat.

This is what scares me about vote kick. I've been admin banned from many servers. Getting banned is easy. Changing an admins mind...better off buying a lotto ticket  :)!!!

Exact same thing happened while playing with [EVIL]dippin_Johnson, exact same thing! When he called me out, I was nice and offered to chat with him. Reminded of Zootopia when the fox character says, "Don't tell me about what I already know". He "KNOWS" i'm a cheat.
    Post edited by DancesWthMice on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14299 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Names that start with xX(randomname)Xx, or my favorite: lI1Il111lII1  with a name like this it is hard to remember and pull stats due to "i", "L", and "1"'s all looking very similar in game.
    That's a relatively easy one,  Unless BFV uses a font that makes lowercase L's and uppercase i's display the same,  you'll generally find that lower case L's are a touch taller than uppercase i's.

Example :  lIllIIll

In the example above I am using the letters in this respective order ( posting in uppercase to highlight which letter is being used )

L I L L I I L L 

So while it may look all the same initially,  taking a screenshot and comparing the height differences between the various letters should indicate the correct lettering used to mask the name
  • DancesWthMice

That's a relatively easy one,  Unless BFV uses a font that makes lowercase L's and uppercase i's display the same,  you'll generally find that lower case L's are a touch taller than uppercase i's.

Example :  lIllIIll

In the example above I am using the letters in this respective order ( posting in uppercase to highlight which letter is being used )

L I L L I I L L 

So while it may look all the same initially,  taking a screenshot and comparing the height differences between the various letters should indicate the correct lettering used to mask the name
    I agree. But, when you have to screenshot while playing, it greatly reduces the likelihood of your stats being pulled, and not everyone realizes a screen shot can sort it.
  • DancesWthMice
    Also, if you check the upper hack regions of the leaderboards, there are quite a few IlilI1lII players, too many actually. It is a thing. Same deal with the "_TTV" suffix with names on the upper leaderboards.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14299 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I use geforce experience and have it set to capture 20 minutes of footage.

So if the need arises,  I alt f10 to store the last 20 minutes and then open the video in media player classic and skip ahead to the dodgy player name,  file > save snapshot

The quality is usually good enough to make it out when zooming in
  • DancesWthMice
    I use geforce experience and have it set to capture 20 minutes of footage.

So if the need arises,  I alt f10 to store the last 20 minutes and then open the video in media player classic and skip ahead to the dodgy player name,  file > save snapshot

The quality is usually good enough to make it out when zooming in
    I do the same thing. Have it set to hi res and 60fps too for extra clarity. Takes a lot of memory though. 
  • DancesWthMice
    Any video player recommendations too slow down recordings? I have footage of high profile player that may be using macros for the M1A1. I need to see the exact timings between shots.
This discussion has been closed.