When planes are consistently going 65-0 on conquest we have a balance problem..

CLEMSONU
21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited January 6
also.. dice nerfed all my favorite guns but then creates a gun that shoots 1200 rpm for the Christmas crowd..? Let’s also create a Samurai sword that can kill 3 players while being shot with 50 bullets from every direction. I’ve been faithful for over a decade but this company knows how to [removed] its best customers! 
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Comments

• KorpusDraige
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If planes would stop trying to farm and go for the enemy air as well, that would help. You have AA on like every objective, use it. You have that fliegerfaust as well. Every Battlefield it's the same excuse... Learn to use the tools given.
  • CLEMSONU
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Apparently no one can use your poor excuse for a AA-gun or players wouldn’t be going 65-0 in planes..
  • KorpusDraige
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CLEMSONU said:
    Apparently no one can use your poor excuse for a AA-gun or players wouldn’t be going 65-0 in planes..
    As I said, it's the same tired excuses from one Battlefield to the next on air. Use the tools given, put pressure on the planes. Also, you don't need to know how to fly too well in BFV to overcome most pilots lmao, the mechanics are like training wheels and there are like 3-4 planes per side, so it's VERY easy to take down a trouble-making pilot. If you use the AA when they're in a dogfight that'll help a lot too.
  • CLEMSONU
    edited January 6
    As I said.. if your point of view was valid then we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I’m a veteran player and will fair well regardless, but if we’re gonna nerf guns to keep newbies interested these planes raining bombs is a far worse issue. People playing the objectives are being dominated by those waiting to spawn on planes. Players going 65-0 doesn’t seem to fit what Dice tried to accomplish with this latest ttk patch. It happens in most conquest matches and people are eventually gonna leave the community. I just wanna help is why I’m posting 👍
  • KorpusDraige
    lol... Take my advice and try to do something about them going that high, it's really not that hard. You just have to learn to play... I don't care if someone is a "veteran" or not, it doesn't mean you know how to take care of something. This is coming from a pilot, trying to help you understand how to take air down lol.
  • CLEMSONU
    You obviously seem to think your God’s gift of knowledge to the Battlefield community. Thanks for helping us with your knowledge. Now back to reality.. the planes are still going 65-0 and people are leaving the servers. I saw it last night and it killed 7 different servers. It went from a full server to only 20 players because of the planes. One clan call (SPY) wouldn’t spawn unless it was a plane to rack up kills. It effects the entire team when this happens. When noobs spawn only to be bombed immediately it’s gonna kill/hurt the community. It’s gotta be frustrating to the new players. 
  • NASTYNEIL357
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is very frustrating being spawn killed by planes most noticeable on Pacific maps. AA can deal with them relatively well and fliegerfaust are still useful especially if your own planes are doing their bit too.
    The speed in which they respawn is a little too fast though.
    If planes are running riot I will switch to assault and also take up an aa cannon to keep them at bay.
    My biggest problem with planes is the spotting flares that are too high to shoot.
  • CLEMSONU
    I agree NastyNeil.. thanks for the input bro 
  • KorpusDraige
    I mean when you're complaining about something that can be stopped, but you refuse to do it, that's your problem. lmao
  • larry_54235
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AA is the way to go here.  You can harass a pilot if you lead your shots.  Just pace the shots and keep the AA from overheating. 
  • NASTYNEIL357
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AA is the way to go here.  You can harass a pilot if you lead your shots.  Just pace the shots and keep the AA from overheating. 

I’ve watched so many players firing directly at the target and missing every shot. So annoying you can’t just boot them out the seat.
    A good as gunner can down a plane in one pass if their determined to complete a run. If not they break from the run and you’ve saved some mates.
  • NASTYNEIL357
    And a little tip if you want to hunt planes is choose support with the combat role that decreases heat from static weapons.
  • ragnarok013
    3886 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Gentlemen a reminder to keep it civil, on topic and constructive.
  • JamieCurnock
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To be honest I completely agree with the op. It's not that you can't take out planes as an infantry it's that you have to dedicate your entire match to doing so. Obviously that gets tiring quickly and more than anything leaves you insanely exposed to other infantry.

Yes you can take out aircrafts but those good pilots are unstoppable on your own. So the solution? Squad up to take planes down, unfortunately this leaves even less infantry to fight for the flags.

I do think this is more of an issue with breakthrough tho where players are bunched together by design. At least in conquest people are spread about. I wouldn't be that fussed if they removed planes from breakthrough entirely to be honest, although I realize that is prob not a very popular opinion!
  • KorpusDraige
    To be honest I completely agree with the op. It's not that you can't take out planes as an infantry it's that you have to dedicate your entire match to doing so. Obviously that gets tiring quickly and more than anything leaves you insanely exposed to other infantry.

Yes you can take out aircrafts but those good pilots are unstoppable on your own. So the solution? Squad up to take planes down, unfortunately this leaves even less infantry to fight for the flags.

I do think this is more of an issue with breakthrough tho where players are bunched together by design. At least in conquest people are spread about. I wouldn't be that fussed if they removed planes from breakthrough entirely to be honest, although I realize that is prob not a very popular opinion!
    Part of the problem is DICE's amazing decision to include 3-4 planes per side on each map (should be 2 at most). Planes need pressure, the game's flying mechanics are quite easy to pick up and play too, so it shouldn't take long to get use to. Having so many planes available, it's rather easy for a "good pilot" to go down. Don't let up on the AA pressure. 1 infy shouldn't be able to hold down any vehicle though.
  • SixTouge
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I’ve watched so many players firing directly at the target and missing every shot. So annoying you can’t just boot them out the seat.
    A good as gunner can down a plane in one pass if their determined to complete a run. If not they break from the run and you’ve saved some mates.

All your points are spot on. I love using stationary AA, but the biggest problems are two main things: placement on many maps is not great, you have sometimes incredibly limited vantage points. Also, it requires a very patient play style that may not be all that rewarding in terms of kills or even score. Still, for me, downing planes with AA is so satisfying, I'll gladly stay on all round and go 4-3, 2-5, 5-1 or similar, but you probably won't see much better than that.
  • diver2607
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The one plane that’s unstoppable is the zero. The Corsair is a complete waste of time and it can be taken down no problem.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Well written and true.

I've dedicated myself to nothing but AA all match and it's so boring, the games meant to fun for all not just pilots and most times will get you killed by the very planes your trying to stop if we are talking decent pilots. Let alone the fact of everything else going on and the high chance your side is losing because dice strapped a bomb sight to planes like the zero/corsair which can wipe out tanks on full health before this was added. 

I hardly see the FF used theses days, and I think most people understand why. If you unlike myself roll with clans, mic'ed up squads I'm sure it's more effective. But I live in the random server with random player world so...

The SAA, I see decent pilots take these out with ease, plus it's buggy right now too.

The LVT'AA, if you are going to deny your side an actual tank, this might annoy decent pilots over a match but ultimately won't cut the butter. Works great vs plane newbs though. Experienced pilots however just change up their style and hunt them too, but in a different way from everything else. And you are now a sweet target for enemy tanks. The US one is so slow too. Both lack range, and decent pilots know this, and how to approach them for a bomb run.        
  • CLEMSONU
    Thanks for the positive input. I don’t think anyone really enjoys sitting on a AA gun the entire game. I’ve found one plane uses spotting flares while the 2nd plane flies behind to wreak hell on easy targets. I love planes in the game but hate seeing them being so dominant against people playing the objective. Perhaps stronger AA or the at least the ability to shoot down planes spotting flares would be fair. Thanks again 👍😊
  • SixTouge
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CLEMSONU wrote: »
    Thanks for the positive input. I don’t think anyone really enjoys sitting on a AA gun the entire game. I’ve found one plane uses spotting flares while the 2nd plane flies behind to wreak hell on easy targets. I love planes in the game but hate seeing them being so dominant against people playing the objective. Perhaps stronger AA or the at least the ability to shoot down planes spotting flares would be fair. Thanks again 👍😊

I actually do enjoy it, but realize I'm probably in the small minority on that issue. The problem is you really have to dedicate basically the entire match to have meaningful effect usually. By the end, I do feel like the slacker of my squad and my round score is going to be near the bottom third of my team.

Maybe just adding more AA on the ground would help? If you could hop on briefly en route to an objective, maybe it helps put some pressure on air but also allows you to move on quicker assuming the next AA is not far/at your next stop/objective