This Week in Battlefield V - January 6th Edition

Braddock512
1543 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited January 10
We're back after the holiday break! Hope you all had a good holiday (or however you chose to spend your time). 

While this is an overview of the planned content and announcements for the week, please be aware some things may shift/move. Be sure to stay up-to-date by checking back here daily as we'll update this as things are added or shifted.

Monday, January 6, 2020
  • This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. As items are added or shifted, this will be updated. Keep an eye on it through the week for redirect links!
Tuesday, January 7, 2020
Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Thursday, January 9, 2020
Friday, January 10, 2020

Notes & Addendums

• The team in Stockholm is coming back online on January 7th (January 6th is a bank holiday in Sweden), and PartWelsh and I will be diving into conversations with them on next steps for Battlefield V, what's coming in Chapter 6, Community Games progress, and more. As we get these details locked down, we'll be sharing them with you, our community. 
Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• soupy48
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Welcome back and hope you all also had a good holiday. Happy New Year to all.
  • Godmodegta
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Welcome back, tell me do you got news about Welrod that I adore so much and can't wait B)
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • johnkapa1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Welcome back!! Please revert and fix the game! Oh and also add more content, put in team balancing during matches and listen to the #bestcommunityintheworld for once :) Have a great day back!
  • tempo_rarity
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Righto!
    Drop your satchel there , pick up your weapon over here!
    You're needed at Charlie - go Go Go!
  • BlackPearl_1
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Welcome back. 
    Beside to fix the game, the next steps should be forcing activities against cheating - its overhelming right now on PC, take as well reference to the cheating discussions in this Forum and discussions on other platforms.
  • ChiefSniper
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Welcome back! :)
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Welcome back. Hope you enjoyed your time off.  
  • Skitelz7
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I seriously hope you revert the TTK. I haven't touched BFV for more than an hour at a time in the past 2 weeks because its no longer fun.

Most of the time I can't even get myself to finish a match. The experience is so **** now that after five minutes I already find myself thinking of another game to play.
    PUBG had been satisfying my leathal gun itch lately. And it has no spotting! 😍
  • CH3OCH3
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its so nice to see aswell that ALL the Channels (Twitter/forum/youtube etc)  GETS SPAMMED WITH NEW YEAR AND CHRISTMAS **** MEMES instead of adressing the BIG ISSUE of WHEN WILL YOU FIX 5.2.2 and give us back mid-long range engagements and stop with the newb **** with low recoil lazer weapons and auto spotting ? NO Constructive ANSWER what so ever even trying to touch the issue!
    THE Servers and the Game is dead allready....

I Sincerly hope that the move to use DICE-LA was somewhat related with thier rly bad long term support and messed up patches in 5.2 and 5.2.2 i hope once the power goes back to sweden some good will come from it....
  • GrizzGolf
    1441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CH3OCH3 said:
    Its so nice to see aswell that ALL the Channels (Twitter/forum/youtube etc)  GETS SPAMMED WITH NEW YEAR AND CHRISTMAS **** MEMES instead of adressing the BIG ISSUE of WHEN WILL YOU FIX 5.2.2 and give us back mid-long range engagements and stop with the newb **** with low recoil lazer weapons and auto spotting ? NO Constructive ANSWER what so ever even trying to touch the issue!
    THE Servers and the Game is dead allready....

I Sincerly hope that the move to use DICE-LA was somewhat related with thier rly bad long term support and messed up patches in 5.2 and 5.2.2 i hope once the power goes back to sweden some good will come from it....
    So much to unpack, so let's get started. 

1. The big one - DICE LA hasn't worked on Battlefield V since ... August. And that was just the two maps Lofoten Islands and Provence being refitted to the base game once the 5v5 mode was cancelled. Stockholm has basically been driving all the content and game changes otherwise - not that it matters, as we are one team. (Just a note - most of the DLC content for BF1 was done in DICE LA, as was a lot of fixes for BF4 & the 2nd year maps,  the BF4 CTE, etc. Facts are fun, huh?)
    2. You can literally post without profanity - or don't post.
    3. The team is continuing to look at more tweaks and changes post 5.2.2 Hotfix based on data, telemetry, and feedback. (Note, feedback isn't "REVERT!" It's concise, constructive, well-thought-out detailed comments that cite examples and offer suggestions.) 
    4. Insults and abuse aren't necessary - and are technically violation of the forums. Consider this your warning.
    5. The studio was on holiday from around December 20 - January 7. And yeah, we will celebrate the holidays as individuals and as a company. Not even apologizing for that. 

Have a good one.
    -Braddock512
    Cant wait to see whats next!