This Week in Battlefield V - January 6th Edition

Comments

• Lancelot_du_Lac
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    don't conflate DICE/EA with the moderators. They are not employees of EA.

Just substitute 'you' and 'they' with 'DICE/EA', and it makes more sense.

• Braddock512
    1543 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    don't conflate DICE/EA with the moderators. They are not employees of EA.

Just substitute 'you' and 'they' with 'DICE/EA', and it makes more sense.

I'm not a moderator. I am a Community Manager based in DICE LA. 

-Braddock512
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My apologies to you and CH30CH3!

I haven't been paying enough attention.

Feeling a little foolish now...
  • Braddock512
    1543 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    My apologies to you and CH30CH3!

I haven't been paying enough attention.

Feeling a little foolish now...
    No worries. Wasn't my intention to call you out, just wanted to provide accurate info on my role within this community. 

-Braddock512
  • Skitelz7
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    He's just gonna keep using the same excuse that some people like the changes and that they'll keep doing adjustments.
    It's no use.
    Maybe when the game is dead they'll think of a different strategy. 😂
  • Dr_Steamfur
    337 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CH3OCH3 said:
    Its so nice to see aswell that ALL the Channels (Twitter/forum/youtube etc)  GETS SPAMMED WITH NEW YEAR AND CHRISTMAS **** MEMES instead of adressing the BIG ISSUE of WHEN WILL YOU FIX 5.2.2 and give us back mid-long range engagements and stop with the newb **** with low recoil lazer weapons and auto spotting ? NO Constructive ANSWER what so ever even trying to touch the issue!
    THE Servers and the Game is dead allready....

I Sincerly hope that the move to use DICE-LA was somewhat related with thier rly bad long term support and messed up patches in 5.2 and 5.2.2 i hope once the power goes back to sweden some good will come from it....
    So much to unpack, so let's get started. 

4. Insults and abuse aren't necessary - and are technically violation of the forums. Consider this your warning.

Have a good one.
    -Braddock512
    1. Just curious, what part of the OP's post was insulting or abuse?
    2. How come cursing is frowned upon when there is cursing audio files in game? I mean calling someone a curse word is way different than simply using a curse word in a sentence, which in today's world is  understood as nothing more than emphasis to that particular point. I am getting mixed messages here and clarification would be welcomed. 
    3. I am not discussing moderation, I am legitimately curious on the points I brought up. I'd hate for someone to get a ban for saying something that is seemingly innocent, but deemed against the forum rules. 
  • dariarty
    199 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi @Braddock512

I've no issue with the weapon changes I'm fine with 5.0, 5.2 and 5.2.2. 

The problems for me on PS4 (EU) revolve around performance regarding TTK/TTD desynchronising, death behind cover, missing hit reg etc.

5.2 actually saw a significant improvement and whilst 5.2.2 has dragged it down again it's still nowhere near as bad as 5.0, so it is appreciated.

I was wondering if going forth it might not be better for Dice to continue in its various tweaks to BFV with a mind to provide separate balancing for the platforms. 

I think the gap between current generation Console and PC is just too great for the current one size fits all strategy Dice is currently using.

• s0lid_G
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    -Braddock512

As a battlefield veteran from BF 1942, let me share my POW on this whole TTK fiasco.

First time you have introduced these changes last year with reductions to max damage at range for all weapons. Blanket change which cause serious inconsistencies in the gameplay loop and made the game very unfun, because it went against the level design.

It did not work, you have apologized for this mistake, since this game is not a CTE, and it butchered the core game for all players and promised, you will not pull this stunt again...

End of 2019, after an excelent DLC, the pacific, the DEV team rebalances weapons, not with a blanket change, but to some tweaks to recoil, some tweaks to ROF and most important damage at range.

The change with 5.2 was terribly executed, probably with small amount of testing, the gameplay loop was not fun and made new meta guns, with almost 80% of other weapons in each class (apart from recon) obsolete.
    The promise was to make more guns viable, but it achieved the complete opposite.

Fast 5.2.2 tweak to "add water to the burns"...
    It did help to make the game less frustrating, however, the midrange combat is absolutely unfun.
    You see, the problem is, this game and its level were designed with open spaces and mid to long range combat in mind.
    This is the core problem. The DEVs are trying to bring people closer together on wide open maps.

The result is a terrible experience, where you can engage an enemy if you see it, however he is a bit far away because of the sightlines.. but why engaging if you cannot kill him even with a full mag. Even the best players will not hit every shot... this is not CSGO with precise spray patterns you can control. I played CS for almost 15 years, so I know how a refined gunplay plays.
    It rewards skilled players, and that did 5.0 in a way aswell. Guns had actual recoil, so burst-firing was a great option and switching to single fire was a needed for some guns to be viable long range. It rewarded map knowledge, positioning, movement and gun control. Now we just have a meta, where a the highest ROF firing weapon wins, the guns are mostly lasers with almost no gun control needed (STG) and there is no point of using anything else, because after 5 hits, your target is still alive and running and in the meantime you have sights of his teammate on your head and you are going down with zero kills. On my behalf, I have no problem to topscore the match, however, its not fun for me to not engage because of the low damage, not because I cannot hit the player. 

This game is now in a bad spot. Snipers should dominate long range, but why make the semi autos obsolete? M1 has 8 rounds in mag and a 5shot to kill at max range... like WHAT? Why should I run from the engagement if I can hit all my shots? Remember this is not CS where 1v1 engagements are normal. In battlefield, in almost every situation you engage atleast 2 players at a time and that is the problem. Big open maps with players cluttered together because of lowered damage model.

Now whats with the TYPE2A? Are you making fun of us? I mean, If the gun balance was untouched it would be a great addition, now its the GODGUN... 

And let me have a few words to the spotting changes.
    This is even more frustrating than the whole TTK change. Almost all the time, I am spotted, by scouts, planes (with invisible flares). This game was the perfect battlefield for me, guns were fun, rewarding, flanks were very satisfying because of no "Q spam" spotting.

The community is angry. Yet your response is, some people like it, so we listen to them and make some tweaks..
    To be honest, this game is now nothing that the DEVS teased and marketed on launch. The "skilled" and more HC battlefield is getting more and more casual with each update. Its almost like false advertising, on which we should get a refund..

To finish this post, I am still playing the game, however this is just the tip of the iceberg, when the game has so many problems, as NO ANTICHEAT, NO AUTOTEAMBALANCER, NO TEAMSWITCHING, LACKLUSTER RSP and the lack of content this live service is providing. For me the premium model was thousand times better, because the content provided was actually good.

There is zero community involvement and build up. No dedicated servers for us to have custom rotations, server rules and server names...

I am not mad, just very dissapointed after seeing the rock bottom that the battlefield franchise hit with this game.
    I still remember the reveal trailer, the horrible reveal event, the insults of being uneducated, the political propaganda in this game.

Please, for the majority of the players, bring the skilled gunplay back, with all its lethality and recoil.
    Thanks,

David.

• ColesFlexili
    179 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    By the way, what you see here in THIS thread IS feedback from your community. what are you gonna do with it?
    are you just ignoring it and tell us our opinion on the balancing of the game doesnt matter?
    or do you give this feedback to the the dev team?
    am i getting the job of a community manager wrong?
    cause all i hear is "screw you, we do what we want."