I have spent almost $300 on this game....can you please listen to 1 suggestion DICE?

AvocadoPablo
113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Pre-order deluxe copy for myself, $80 USD
2 standard edition copies, 1 for my friend and 1 for my GF.... $50 each
In-game cosmetics on my account....I think $80 or maybe $100 or maybe even more.  Can't remember exactly.
In-game cosmetics on my GF's account.....$20

That's right at $300 and maybe even a little over.  And I've proudly and gladly spent this money on BF V and to be honest DICE I would spend a lot more if the game was better.  And I wish expansions still cost money like the previous Battlefield's because the content was so much better because the studio knew it had to be if they were charging a premium $ for it.  Now the vast majority of added content has felt extremely underwhelming.....probably because you knew you weren't getting any extra $ for it.  Only thing worth a crap so far was Pacific addition, and after that was released I purchased the $50 coin pack to show my support.  You release good content, you get my money.

Anyway, before I rant along too much....1 suggestion.

Can you please fix the LS26?  Like, please....It's honestly un-useable and your data will reflect that.  Having CQC LMG's just doesn't make any sense.  Literally none....especially with the addition of the Type 2A.  How can a 20 round LMG ever compete with a 50 round Type 2A that fires faster and has higher DPS in CQC?  It can't.  It can't compete with any SMGs in close quarters actually.  Not really even close.  It can't compete with any AR's or other LMG's in medium to long range either because of it's damage model.  In short, it is outclassed and outgunned at every range by other vastly superior weapons.

I'll make this short and sweet instead of ranting and giving my justifications.  Give the LS26 the KE7/Lewis gun damage model and same BTK (4-8) and just be done with it.  The gun is already greatly limited by it's 20 round mag size and it's 599ROF isn't anything to write home about.   It's currently 4-9 BTK so going to 4-8 BTK isn't asking much or that big of a change.  I really think it should be 4-7 BTK but I'm trying to be reasonable here and "meet in the middle" ;)

Thanks for listening,

AvocadoPablo

@Braddock512
@PartWelsh

Comments

• Matty101yttam
    1339 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Found the whale.
    Wow...just got some kind of weird metaphor in my head.
    I just realised bfv is a metaphor for moby d*ck and ea is Ahab.

Dying trying to chase the whale...sums up their games a lot lately.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Found the whale.
    Lol, someone who only spent 300 USD is a "whale"? Get a reality check.
  • Rattoner
    330 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Found the whale.
    Based on how little BFV has made, 300 bucks is in "whale" territory. 
  • Hawxxeye
    6864 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 13
    I feel for you, the most money one invests the more they can feel that DICE/EA did them dirty.
    One can even excuse every technical issue in there as everything that could go wrong going wrong.
    But that silence when people attempt to communicate with the dev team is... deafening
    It makes you feel like if the people you paid for this game are ignoring you while having a party with your money.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rattoner said:
    Found the whale.
    Based on how little BFV has made, 300 bucks is in "whale" territory. 
    Its not even 1/10 of what true whales spend on video games on regular basis.
  • iamwiener
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In-game cosmetics on my account....I think $80 or maybe $100 or maybe even more.  Can't remember exactly.
    In-game cosmetics on my GF's account.....$20
    LOL!

• zetamen21
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it doesn't work like that
  • Hawxxeye
    6864 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    zetamen21 said:
    it doesn't work like that
    Yeah, the way it actually works is more like that

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Found the whale.
    I am not sure I would listen to someone that spent 300 on this game.
  • Pro_b0
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ah man, and I thought I was a sucker for just preordering the deluxe edition!
  • hkspm123
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 13
    actually to fix the gun , u will have to make it 3-8 btk . so it will act more like a scarh . ttk 5.2 balance is so bad , that a lot of the gun dont have their position and simply getting outclass
  • IPSEEEEEN
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This game is a disaster, worst BF and DICE-EA dont listen us with TTK patch and they still doing same... Sorry if you spent all this money but they dont deserve that, they deserve receive very low sales in a next BF.
  • Godmodegta
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That a bit money, but it true, DICE does not deserved that money, and if you believe your supporting them, your not, DICE has plenty of money, but i believe 30% money made goes too EA and bonus contract.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Found the whale.
    Whales are defined by the company themselves. Comparison to what other whales spend on other games isn't even relevant. So for BFV, how many people have spent $300 on this game? I don't know. I can assume not a lot. +$100 on cosmetics? Shortcuts? There's also the attitude of being proud, and eager to spend more if the content was better. 

For you to say "only" $300 is very telling, but hey their spending habits are what allow free content for most of us, so they are actually important and necessary.

Sorry that the shoe fits Moby ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Found the whale.

No kidding.  Heck go to the World of tank forums.  Its a free to play game.  But also money pit buying monthly premium to earn more gold each match.  Also buying garage slot to park your tanks.  Also buying premium tanks.  I easily spent a lot on that game as well.  Some said they spent over $2,000.  I was like yeesh.  Kinda glad I quit that game.  It got costly. 
  • VOLBANKER
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Isn’t it nobody’s business what another person decides to spend his money on?
  • Celsi_GER
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 13
    Well, even though I am on the OP's side: he mentioned it first :blush:
  • BeastofBourbon84
    609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    Isn’t it nobody’s business what another person decides to spend his money on?

Sure thing but I think you could say that ftp game devs at least listen to their paying customers.
    Not out of the good of their heart but because it keeps the cash flowing.

Dice doesn't seem to care either way.
    Spend as much as you like your requests aren't worth more than anyone one else's... which means flat out 0.
  • BlindChance
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Welcome to the low skill level rock-paper-scissors game design. I would not expect this being changed.