What BF1 Could Have Done Better

Comments

• PackersDK
    821 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ditched the bayonet charge - it’s an idiotic panic knife-ish thing. 

Put more thought into Operations - it’s an awesome mode, but some vehicles don’t belong there.

Spawns are annoying - can’t spawn on people who are under fire, but can spawn on them as they get killed.

Out of bounds vehicles - a massive fail.

Explosives spam, of all types - example; scouts have 3 types of tripwire x 2, and they can plant all 6. 

These are some of my pet peeves, it’s still an awesome game, but some of the more annoying things can make me turn the PS off.

• MarxistDictator
    5072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only elite that is truly annoying is the VP, the death ray is probably the most broken gun in the game and then you have almost 600 HP. His only real downside is shared by the other sentry who also eats bayonets and totally fears CQB by comparison. Reload is irrelevant when you can instantly tap like 5 rounds and kill 4 people if they are lined up. It even got buffed in new TTK.
  • PSJackman4
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Attention everybody! I have created a sequel to this post called What I hope EA and Dice will do with BFV in 2020! Here's the link Things I Hope EA and Dice will do with BFV in 2020
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Stationary guns, behemoths and elite kits didn't get balanced with the TTK shift and since have felt quite underpowered. Sure you can still do well with them but take the train for example, landing a mortar shell right smack on top of a guy should not do a mere 90 damage just because he happens to be prone. Or the Sentry for that matter magdumping into a charging horse failing to take it down in time when a Support player doing the same would've in half that time.
  • MarxistDictator
    5072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Those were the specializations they added with the Russian DLC, the TTK update did not touch explosives at all. Flak is a default spec that most people won’t remove even if they are actually using alternative specs than the default. A ton of explosives have a max blast damage of 100 (most tank shells and etc being 112 which is why they still work) so flak prevents them from getting OHK.

Behemoths were an absolutely garbage addition to the game anyway, losers don’t need a quasi invincible mortar platform to pout in. Just makes them lose faster, total failure.

As for elites the 2 sentries with bullet weapons did get buffed. Not sure how to make the Tankgeweher more OHK but the flamethrower could have at least had the prone damage reduction removed.
  • -Antares65z
    1728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 13
    They should have lowered the minimum player count to start a round from 20 to 6. Doing this and allowing changes in the server settings, without flagging the server as Custom would have promoted more variety in the game. 
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Those were the specializations they added with the Russian DLC, the TTK update did not touch explosives at all. Flak is a default spec that most people won’t remove even if they are actually using alternative specs than the default. A ton of explosives have a max blast damage of 100 (most tank shells and etc being 112 which is why they still work) so flak prevents them from getting OHK.

Behemoths were an absolutely garbage addition to the game anyway, losers don’t need a quasi invincible mortar platform to pout in. Just makes them lose faster, total failure.

As for elites the 2 sentries with bullet weapons did get buffed. Not sure how to make the Tankgeweher more OHK but the flamethrower could have at least had the prone damage reduction removed.

It was a design choice and going with it they could at least stuck with the original idea, I agree the flak specialization had an impact here but I don't agree on behemoths being all trash, with a couple of people not in the train keeping the enemy spotted it can wreck some real damage and facilitate a comeback, of course not every time, that's not the intent but given you most the time just injure the enemy lately that comeback potential is all but gone and they really just are a  nuisance.
  • von_Campenstein
    They should have lowered the minimum player count to start a round from 20 to 6. Doing this and allowing changes in the server settings, without flagging the server as Custom would have promoted more variety in the game. 

Server browser should just list Custom as one variable in the listing, not put it off in a separate listing where most people never bother looking, that's a mistake and it won't help the playerbase or the game to evolve.
  • -Antares65z
    1728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 13

Server browser should just list Custom as one variable in the listing, not put it off in a separate listing where most people never bother looking, that's a mistake and it won't help the playerbase or the game to evolve.
    I think it was intentionally done to limit the game life. EA learned from BF4 and doesn't want a game with a large active player base lasting more than a few years. Best way to kill off a game is limit variety. People get bored and move on. 
  • MarxistDictator
    Behemoth almost always comes too late except in Operations where they linger and punish Defense for being competent. The only well designed aspect is the fact that DICE never fixed most of the stationary weapons not-killing you for being OOB so you could actually counter the blimp on Ballroom first sector. The only well designed one (the Char 2C) was made DLC only and stuck on just 2 maps both of which play pretty close so I rarely even see it there. Wasted potential. The second they started giving the behemoths bombs and indirect weapons they completely ruined them for the intended role of bringing back the game.

And the 20 player start also makes it really annoying to play all of the 24 max game modes. You have to wait for the countdown start like every other round if 20% of the lobby quits between games.
  • von_Campenstein

I think it was intentionally done to limit the game life. EA learned from BF4 and doesn't want a game with a large active player base lasting more than a few years. Best way to kill off a game is limit variety. People get bored and move on. 

It's also the best way to kill customer loyalty, eventually even the slowest of people will learn that this is the MO. Behemoths coming too late can be two things, it actually being too late for there to be a possible comeback and the mentality of the team, them having already given up and it doing very little due to lack of support from the infantry around it.
  • phr4G
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    simply perm banned the cheaters.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4253 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It's also the best way to kill customer loyalty, eventually even the slowest of people will learn that this is the MO. Behemoths coming too late can be two things, it actually being too late for there to be a possible comeback and the mentality of the team, them having already given up and it doing very little due to lack of support from the infantry around it.

Antares was was referring to Server Browser not Behemoths.... 
  • von_Campenstein
    HuwJarz said:

Antares was was referring to Server Browser not Behemoths.... 

I answered two people there, him in the first sentence MarxistDictator in the second, I thought that was fairly obvious with the change of topic to the one the poster above  Antares65z was talking about.
  • normzzzzzy
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    opsis_1 wrote: »
    Trench raiders and flame make this game more fun. Sorry you feel that way.

Couldn’t agree more.

Was extremely satisfying running around and chinning people with the mace.
  • disposalist
    8768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    opsis_1 wrote: »
    Trench raiders and flame make this game more fun. Sorry you feel that way.

Couldn’t agree more.

Was extremely satisfying running around and chinning people with the mace.
    They are excellent fun. Some people just can't stand anything in game that they can't easily 1vs1 kill with their 1337 skillz. When their game is all about stats and not actually having fun, those kind of features are intolerable.
  • disposalist
    8768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    (Quote)
    They are excellent fun. Some people just can't stand anything in game that they can't easily 1vs1 kill with their 1337 skillz. When their game is all about stats and not actually having fun, those kind of features are intolerable.

No doubt. I love the introduction of Elites and Behemoths. I don’t use them much but they are a fun addition to the game when I do use them. Hey DICE, you listening? Can we bring some fun back to BF? Oh, I’m sorry, you’re too busy listening to the YouTube overlords and we’ve seen where that has got us.
    I don't really keep track of it any more, but just saw a tweet about the next BFV update including a mine-on-a-pole anti-tank thing... coz they needed to hurt tanks more and make it even more infantry-centric. Sheesh, it seems if BFV players can't 1v1 kill a tank now, they get upset.