Would you?

johnkapa1
293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
One of my buddies asked me yesterday while we were playing TDM if i would pay $100 to have the old TTK values back. I said in a heart beat. Would you guys do the same? 

Comments

• CT1924
    933 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    johnkapa1 wrote: »
    One of my buddies asked me yesterday while we were playing TDM if i would pay $100 to have the old TTK values back. I said in a heart beat. Would you guys do the same? 

Yup. But don't give Dice any more money scheme ideas.
  • mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nah, I like to use my money wisely.   Plus I can adapt.
  • TectonicGuns
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No, but a slight tweak of the current TTK to bring back semi-autos into play. The real issue is TTD.
  • johnkapa1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No, but a slight tweak of the current TTK to bring back semi-autos into play. The real issue is TTD.
    I agree with that. cant even use my M1
  • Celsi_GER
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    100 USD?
    No.
    But if they would not only fix TTK and spotting, but also Cheating and Balancing, 25 to 40 USD would be acceptable to me.

Not a bad idea, let's start a crowd-funding campaign for poor EA*. They don't listen to pleas, reason, moral, but they might listen to money, they always did.

*Note: sarcasm, not a real proposal
  • Terminator000001
    561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    Nah, I like to use my money wisely.   Plus I can adapt.

I'm with this. 🦆
  • BeastofBourbon84
    609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    100 company coins maybe :wink:
  • Celsi_GER
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Excellent suggestion, I support this idea. Does EA have Paypal?
  • MBT_Layzan
    2434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No, but for a new bf3 game with better graphics/sound I would. The rest could be completely the same thing, I'd pay it right now. 
  • Celsi_GER
    This is also something i would happily pay a mentionable amount for. BF3 game concept was just great.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    This is also something i would happily pay a mentionable amount for. BF3 game concept was just great.
    Seriously this ain't no nostalgia thing, I think bf3 remastered would nuke this game from orbit. 
  • Terminator000001
    561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    Seriously this ain't no nostalgia thing, I think bf3 remastered would nuke this game from orbit. 
    Only if I nuke everything from my SU-35 that isn´t made intentionally worse than the F18. 
  • ChickenTheTank
    827 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No. I like the longer ttk. It's the same reason why I've always liked Halo, which is known for its long ttk values.

Longer ttk rewards skill, positioning, and map control. If you want fast ttk, why do you like battlefield? It never used to have quick ttk until the last couple years, and it seems like the community has been very unhappy with current game design, and fond of the old game design.

So why are we asking to push farther and farther away from how battlefield has always been?...
  • ForbidRhyme
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No. I like the longer ttk. It's the same reason why I've always liked Halo, which is known for its long ttk values.

Longer ttk rewards skill, positioning, and map control. If you want fast ttk, why do you like battlefield? It never used to have quick ttk until the last couple years, and it seems like the community has been very unhappy with current game design, and fond of the old game design.

So why are we asking to push farther and farther away from how battlefield has always been?...

Battlefield always had hardcore, which had always been wildly popular. It's just they always had both modes so everyone could play their preference.

A one size fits all ttk will never work!
  • ChickenTheTank
    827 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Battlefield always had hardcore, which had always been wildly popular. It's just they always had both modes so everyone could play their preference.

I used to play hardcore occasionally from BC2 on through BF4. Calling it popular is extremely generous. Hardcore servers made up a very very small percentage of servers available. If it had the support everyone claims it did, it would have never gone away.

It was just popular enough to bring some elements into the regular game setup, in order to try and keep those players around sure.

But the vast majority of BF players have probably never played a hardcore game in multiple years and games in the series.

So I respectfully disagree :smile:
  • ProAssassin2003
    3779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    Anybody who plays TDM have no business talking about TTK in a Battlefield game.
  • ForbidRhyme
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I used to play hardcore occasionally from BC2 on through BF4. Calling it popular is extremely generous. Hardcore servers made up a very very small percentage of servers available. If it had the support everyone claims it did, it would have never gone away.

It was just popular enough to bring some elements into the regular game setup, in order to try and keep those players around sure.

But the vast majority of BF players have probably never played a hardcore game in multiple years and games in the series.

So I respectfully disagree :smile:

In no way was I trying to say that HC was the majority. But it was without a doubt popular, I would have zero issues finding servers. Bf1 HC had mechanics that drove more people away from it after Bf4.

I can only speculate why BFV dropped the 2 mode approach but if you think, having games with a core and HC mode or different ttk modes if you will is not as common (on console at least). Granted alot of those games, Halo for example, it wouldn't make sense. Dice, already decreasing ttk for BFV, probably figured it could just do the one mode, because it's not uncommon. Speculation of course.

I get what your saying tho. And I respect the way you said it. The true data is hard to come by and I'll be curious to see it. I just think that having this one size fits all unintentionally brought people from both communities into a situation that had never been or needed to be discussed before.