This Week in Battlefield V - January 13th Edition

Braddock512
1465 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited January 16
The last Chapter 5 Weekly Mission starts this Thursday, and we're getting ready for the next update and Chapter 6.

Monday, January 13, 2020
  • This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. As items are added or shifted, this will be updated. Keep an eye on it through the week for redirect links!
Tuesday, January 14, 2020
Wednesday, January 15, 2020
  • Battlefield V: Chapter 5 Week 12 Tides of War Challenge Overview (hint - Conquest with EXTREME WEATHER & the reward is the M3 Grease Gun)
Thursday, January 16, 2020
  • Battlefield V: Chapter 5 Week 12 Tides of War Challenge Begins
Friday, January 17, 2020

Notes & Addendums

The randomly selected winners for the Art of Battlefield V Limited Edition should be receiving their emails today. Shipping will go out by Friday, January 17, 2020.
Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• Celsi_GER
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, that would be interesting news.
  • oneshadowwarrior
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I happen to like the 5.2 update, my big issue is vehicles and aircraft, they get a first and third person and infantry doesn’t? So I can spot people in third person in tanks as they are around a corner and they generally don’t stand a chance if I keep my distance.

Infantry needs to be able to put down AA turrets in base constructions or artillery pieces.
  • I9sixty2
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You don't suppose he is ignoring us ?
  • Braddock512
    1465 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Skitelz7 said:
    Any news on what the team is doing about 5.2
    If I had news to share, it would be shared. 

The team is currently in discussions on next steps. I don't have anything of detail that I can share with you at this time. 

-Braddock512
  • nuter41
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Are the prices of legendary elites going to drop, costs to much bion
  • ChickenTheTank
    827 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Any news on what the team is doing about 5.2 and how most of the player base hates it?
    If they are set on not reverting it can we at least get Hardcore servers or something along those lines?

Most of the player base doesn't hate it. There are a ton of us who really like 5.2(.2).

And we weren't constantly whining about game settings like all the people who want all guns to be 3 hit kills at 100m.

Longer TTK rewards more skilled players. Always.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6041 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Are we getting a patch this month or not?
  • mesterKG
    87 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please, don't revert anything! Fix it forward by further tweaking while you also give us the next installment of the ccommunity games... Maybe even hardcore options for them?

Extreme weather conquest sounds awesome! Can't wait.
  • Celsi_GER
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    Revert to 5.0.
    More than 80% of the playerbase hates 5.2, polls clearly showed this.
    Give the [Removed] 3 or 4 servers with 5.2 gunplay they can relax on and practice the high skill :| of escaping when shot upon and then everbody is satisfied.

Let's not insult people where it's not necessary ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • SgtMDuck
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I9sixty2 said:
    You don't suppose he is ignoring us ?
    No, I'm not. Thanks for question.

-Braddock512
    I am very surprised Braddock512, but in a positive way
    Really I was not expecting you to comment as much as you do.

There surely is a "Firestorm" regarding the TTK , I give a big thumbs up for you communicating with the community.
    So I leave my comment this way - positive! 
  • dogred
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for the info. I think i'd much rather post here and see the latest info then over at reddit. That place seems taken over by trolls and too toxic.

Any word about the new map Jungle coming out? Any info appreciated.
  • RayD_O1
    1122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are we getting a patch this month or not?
    It would be nice to know, we certainly need one.
  • PaulieGaming
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't wait for the extreme weather. It surely does change how u play during a round. Despite seeing so much hate on BFV I'm seeing a lot more new players so guys must be doing something right. See you on the Battlefield!
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 So I suppose we can not hope that you will give 25k of Chapter XP to everyone, as it is a central assignments that is bugged on many rounds for many players? I am stuck since Friday at 7k remaining.
  • Godmodegta
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So how does it work, do you just get of new info and pass it on too us?
  • NLBartmaN
    4281 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    Revert to 5.0.
    More than 80% of the playerbase hates 5.2, polls clearly showed this.
    Give the [Removed] 3 or 4 servers with 5.2 gunplay they can relax on and practice the high skill :| of escaping when shot upon and then everbody is satisfied.

Do not revert, UNLESS you fix the Netcode, servers and add ping limits to get rid of the 1 framing, trash connection advantage and missing foosteps etc ...

Just add HARDCORE for the TTK whiners that want to play hide and seek wit their 3x scope without glint or 1 framing mid range with SMG'S.
    The camping and not PTFO pre 5.2 was insane.

Ignore the (PC) people hyped by "content creators" polls.
  • sabootheshaman
    1241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So how does it work, do you just get of new info and pass it on too us?
    Even though they use all the tools like Jira and trello and apparently run in sprints etc they seem incapable at managing a pipeline/backlog nor be able to measure velocity to predict when we might see something beyond a few days. I genuinely thought one would of seen more progress on addressing issues and transparency from DICE by now.