Unfair matchmaking.

13»

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @bobiak1 The game matchmakes based upon filling a server, it does not include any sort of SPM, Skill ranking or MMR when it puts you into a server.If you had several games against solid players who have most likely been playing since launch or friends who are in discord together coordinating it was pure coincidence.

No sir, in some cases it isn't coincidence. I'm seeing clans or platoons manipulate the system to get all their friends on one team including members of multiple platoons who are clearly working together as their squads contain members of both groups which probably means they're using the same VOIP service.

The result is a series of lopsided games with many players on the losing side bailing out of the server. IMO this is borderline stat-padding. The obvious solution is scrambling squads between rounds (while keeping squad members together) so the clan players don't own the server for as long as they are there. That DICE either can't figure this out or doesn't care (take your pick) is another sign that BFV is a bit of a bargain-basement project in some respects.

This is a team based objective game so playing with friends and communicating is to be encouraged and is actually the point of the game. I can honestly say as an event admin that it's never been more difficult in a Battlefield title to play with your friends or clan mates and there's nothing that a player can do to manipulate the system other than use the game's systems to pre-make a squad and then communicate the server number to your friends and have them\their squads join the queue in your server for the next game. After that you must pray to the Battlefield Gods that you're on the same team.
    It's too easy to manage squads, you don't need to communicate anything, just join on a friend, the most work you'll do is waiting on the queue. Occasionally(like rarely...maybe 1 in 4) the game may switch the squads, then one of the players invites the others and they're switched back at the earliest point.

Also the team/friend thing needs to go out the window, maybe 70% of people on friends lists now are based on the quality of player, whether intentional ie. "this guys awesome i'm going to add him" or unintentional... "we had great fun wiping the floor with them i'm going to add him because it was fun" both situations are a result of player quality and both have been happening for a long time due to bf's age. "Friends" lists have evolved to the point of being weaponized against new players that don't have those lists themselves.
    Is it not normal for the people we become friends with to be people we had a good time together and we are getting along?
    Personally outside of clan members I add as friends the people I have had a possitive ingame relationship/partnership with.
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    @bobiak1 The game matchmakes based upon filling a server, it does not include any sort of SPM, Skill ranking or MMR when it puts you into a server.If you had several games against solid players who have most likely been playing since launch or friends who are in discord together coordinating it was pure coincidence.

No sir, in some cases it isn't coincidence. I'm seeing clans or platoons manipulate the system to get all their friends on one team including members of multiple platoons who are clearly working together as their squads contain members of both groups which probably means they're using the same VOIP service.

The result is a series of lopsided games with many players on the losing side bailing out of the server. IMO this is borderline stat-padding. The obvious solution is scrambling squads between rounds (while keeping squad members together) so the clan players don't own the server for as long as they are there. That DICE either can't figure this out or doesn't care (take your pick) is another sign that BFV is a bit of a bargain-basement project in some respects.

This is a team based objective game so playing with friends and communicating is to be encouraged and is actually the point of the game. I can honestly say as an event admin that it's never been more difficult in a Battlefield title to play with your friends or clan mates and there's nothing that a player can do to manipulate the system other than use the game's systems to pre-make a squad and then communicate the server number to your friends and have them\their squads join the queue in your server for the next game. After that you must pray to the Battlefield Gods that you're on the same team.
    It's too easy to manage squads, you don't need to communicate anything, just join on a friend, the most work you'll do is waiting on the queue. Occasionally(like rarely...maybe 1 in 4) the game may switch the squads, then one of the players invites the others and they're switched back at the earliest point.

Also the team/friend thing needs to go out the window, maybe 70% of people on friends lists now are based on the quality of player, whether intentional ie. "this guys awesome i'm going to add him" or unintentional... "we had great fun wiping the floor with them i'm going to add him because it was fun" both situations are a result of player quality and both have been happening for a long time due to bf's age. "Friends" lists have evolved to the point of being weaponized against new players that don't have those lists themselves.
    Is it not normal for the people we become friends with to be people we had a good time together and we are getting along?
    Personally outside of clan members I add as friends the people I have had a possitive ingame relationship/partnership with.
    Didn't say it's not normal, just saying you can't have balanced games based on them.
    Whether intentionally picking better players to stack with or unintentionally stacking a team with a friends list populated by people we have "fun" with, the result is still an artificially stacked team.

I'm not trying to upset anyone here either but if you look at how a friends list develops without having a bias, and just think about it logically and openly you realise they aren't good for balance in games with random players.
    The more "fun" we have the better the players...the older the list the more experienced those players are.

Friends lists are like magnetic clouds....vacuuming in good players while leaving others exposed, sure you may not have every good player on your list so you think your playing fairly but they're probably on someone elses.
    So, end of the day if you not good enough to fit into these groups then your at the mercy of them.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Doesn't help that each game pushes even more emphasis on a capable working side. Past BF games, I had no issue playing solo for years.  
  • NASTYNEIL357
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would recommend breakthrough if your new to the game. It’s a bit more forgiving than conquest when your learning the maps and how the game works.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    I'm not sure how the game auto-balances squads or keeps clans and platoons together. I play with the some group of guys, and sometimes when we have to split off and create multiple squads, we sometimes get split up in different teams (which i LOVE). Does anyone know how to manipulate the game into keeping all the squads in the same team? I would like to do the opposite..lol >:)
    It is the exploitation of the "join a friend's squad" function. . If you got a friend on the side that you want to join to then you join that friend and your are guaranteed to be in the same squad as them.

Not always. And it is also not an exploit, it is a feature, when I want to play with my mate, I naturally want to play alongside him. You will generally land on his team, yet not in his squad if it's full, while in previous titles it would pull you out of your squad and made a new one. You are also not guaranteed to get into his team, and the auto-balancer can eventually split clans up.
    However, there is a team-switch function: If you find yourself on the opposite team and there is room in the other team and your mate's squad, he can invite you through origin. Upon accepting you will be switched.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Doesn't help that each game pushes even more emphasis on a capable working side. Past BF games, I had no issue playing solo for years.  

About 99% of the time I go solo on BF5.  Its nice to team stack once in a while for a few laughs.  But even then friends and friends of friends can still bring drama.  Sometimes its best to avoid drama and go solo no matter what.  Heck even running a clan and servers on BF3 was a headache more then anything.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 13
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

About 99% of the time I go solo on BF5.  Its nice to team stack once in a while for a few laughs.  But even then friends and friends of friends can still bring drama.  Sometimes its best to avoid drama and go solo no matter what.  Heck even running a clan and servers on BF3 was a headache more then anything.
    Same here.  
  • 19Romulus84
    127 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @bobiak1

This is a very good game but really hard and you have to react and act quickly, a fraction of a second you will miss the shooting and it's after you, and seriously try to aim at the head as often as I will always kill you, even if you start to shoot faster in your head. You can not be discouraged and do not lie on the ground, just run but crouching because then you can hear a lot less hearing is very important here. Although I am level 170, I also end up conquering Hamad in the middle of the table with K / D 14/14. This game is very fast and you have to be very careful every step of the way. Take the STG44 with x3 crosshairs and play different maps but play only Conquest big because in team conquest ripped teams often play and you will be very frustrated. The level is not so important here, of course, but don't be discouraged by that. You just have to deal with maps with lines of fire and weapons. It will be like this when you hit the conquest of Panzerstorm for two well-knit teams, then they will hit the target in 8 and will delight everyone and you won't do anything about it even if you kill one or two, it will kill you third and raise theirs. It really is a good game and you have to learn it, you need to know the maps, lines of fire and you have to think fast and aim faster. The worst thing you can do is to be discouraged and don't play as a sniper because you won't learn anything and you'll end up with a K / D score of 2/20. Just play and run like crazy on the map, you need to know the maps and the operation of weapons well. So honestly, take a medic because you can heal all the time and you have a smoke grenade launcher, take Type 2A and look for melee games because you will only learn how to fight effectively, aim and kill and remember to run crouching, you move only slightly slower for 3 times quieter.
  • Hawxxeye
    7823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    I'm not sure how the game auto-balances squads or keeps clans and platoons together. I play with the some group of guys, and sometimes when we have to split off and create multiple squads, we sometimes get split up in different teams (which i LOVE). Does anyone know how to manipulate the game into keeping all the squads in the same team? I would like to do the opposite..lol >:)
    It is the exploitation of the "join a friend's squad" function. . If you got a friend on the side that you want to join to then you join that friend and your are guaranteed to be in the same squad as them.

Not always. And it is also not an exploit, it is a feature, when I want to play with my mate, I naturally want to play alongside him. You will generally land on his team, yet not in his squad if it's full, while in previous titles it would pull you out of your squad and made a new one. You are also not guaranteed to get into his team, and the auto-balancer can eventually split clans up.
    However, there is a team-switch function: If you find yourself on the opposite team and there is room in the other team and your mate's squad, he can invite you through origin. Upon accepting you will be switched.
    I know,  clans can all get on the same side if there are enough empty slots that way.
    What I do not understand is how exactly the game manages to retain more people from various clans on one side and leave the other side with almost no clansmen
  • GrizzGolf
    1442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just play more defensive till you get an idea with the guns 
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    VincentNZ said:
    Hawxxeye said:

I know,  clans can all get on the same side if there are enough empty slots that way.
    What I do not understand is how exactly the game manages to retain more people from various clans on one side and leave the other side with almost no clansmen

I suppose they are off burning crosses. Badumm-Tsss. Well as the auto-balance seems random and the player retention between rounds is poor, and matchmaking prefers single people over full squads queueing, these seem to be the reason. So squads mostly use matchmaking, which will put them into new servers, or they will join gradually after rounds on a mate.
    There really isn't much to balance when half the people leaver after each round and are mostly filled with single matchmaking people. Additionally a lot of people play with mates, yet without a tag, and when more than four people join there is hardly an improvement, if you've ever been in a ts channel with 6 people or so all talking at once.
  • viper63x
    333 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield V Member
    bobiak1 said:
    You are right i'm a beginner, and i will always be. I can't understand how can you just let lvl 1 players play together with pro players.
    Imagine in World of Warcraft lvl 120 players could play Battleground with lvl 1 players........
    BF5 my first BF i've ever bought, and ever played, but i'm pretty sure it's the last.
    I already regret for giving money for this garbage.

you can play single player, to get used to controls and things.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is the training mode that does advertise some sort of new player game, don't know how much it is used though.