[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• Col_Little_J275
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    honestly just let the community police themselves, it has worked alot better for pretty much any game in the past compared to games trying to automate it or hire staff to do it themselves. You will never accomplish the work that can be done by 400,000 players who are actually suffering from cheating with an office of 50 full time employees.

And if you automate it you end up like GTA V where people who shouldnt be banned get banned and hackers get away with even more
    But then what do you to protect the players who are actually that good but get falsely haccusated all of the time?  My stats aren't even that great and I've had people accuse me and say they reported me.  I'm only decent because I spend more time than someone probably should adjusting my settings, watching turtorial/tip/pro videos, etc on top of playing pretty much every night for a few hours..  How do you police the false accusers and their false reports?

The issue today is that people are jumping to conclusions quicker than previously just because someone who has honed their craft enters into a server and dominates them.  And no one likes being dominated so they jump to a conclusion that certainly there must be a reason that is not skill-based to explain why they are being dominated.  Even these days you see people have an advantage just by having (and being able to push) a 144hz monitor vs a 60hz monitor.  But not a lot of players recognize or think about this stuff.

I'm not saying I know the answer, but it's also not as simple as "let the community police themselves".
  • TheRealFoe
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    so a member of a clan that people said are cheating all the time on firestorm well one of them came in to our squad way back and said it because they have the best computers today I recorded one of them knife me while I was swimming.

That's not a cheat though,  unless they were not in the water with you and were a good distance away.

But other than that example,  You can knife in water as an intended game mechanic
    so a member of a clan that people said are cheating all the time on firestorm well one of them came in to our squad way back and said it because they have the best computers today I recorded one of them knife me while I was swimming.

That's not a cheat though,  unless they were not in the water with you and were a good distance away.

But other than that example,  You can knife in water as an intended game mechanic

Realfoe said :
    They were a good distance behind me when I jumped in the water and I was going as fast as I could ,so I guess they would have still been a good distance behind me unless they can run and swim faster .

• hambaci_kuranger
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Banning people in BF V is very slow. Some cheaters playing several days. I personally report one player 87x and after week I still saw playing online. Origin software is for laughter (will be still BETA in 2030). We need some live support example on discord where be allways online small group of people which can ban players immediately. Maybe need voting system in game or Overwatch like in CS:GO. Too many players mooch on cheaters. This should also be punished! 0 points after round!
  • BUUCKSHOT
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The problem with the innocent getting blamed is due to the way Dice logs kills. Everyone assumes a very high K/D ratio is the barometer for detecting the cheater. I had the pleasure of getting put into a squad with 3 clan members who are always being accused on the servers of unfair play. What a lot of people don't realize is how deadly a good squad can be. They all had chat going and we ran as 2 medics, assault, & support. You had to take out our entire squad or we won every encounter, you kill 3, 1 revives 3. If dice were to count kills even if you get revived it would certainly bring the actual k/d ratio into a more accurate snapshot.
  • rapidfire8
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    A lot of very smart people here and  genuine intent on finding solutions to the menace of cheating.  So I have a couple of questions for you.  I report on average 10-15 people  every time I play which is 3-4 times a week.  Obviously I am in Asia playing on the Malaysian based servers.  I stat check every player I report. What in your opinion is a legit KD ratio for a non-plane, non-tanker player? (clearly cheating players only flying or tanking can have KDs that are huge which is why they rarely get banned).

More importantly, and here is the kicker, headshot percentage ratio (% headshots divided by no. of kills). I look at the majority of great players stats and their headshot ratio is between 28-32%.  Perhaps a little higher for those who are expert snipers. Stodeh is at 28%, Energisedknight is at 18%, Z1inyorita is at 16%, BoccaBoi is at 21%. Almost everyone I report has a headshot ratio over 40% - the majority of obvious rage monkeys are doing 50-95% headshot ratio. So, second question, do you consider this to be a fair and legit method of confirming cheats?  Yesterday I encountered a  player ranked 248 with a 70% headshot ratio (140,000 kills, 98,000 headshots). In your opinion, is there ANY way this player is not cheating? There are a number of these guys around and most of them are streaming. Bear in mind that flyboys have like 0-5% headshot ratios. 

Anyone have any thoughts?
    Post edited by rapidfire8 on
  • TEXls1
    236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they’re not going to ban them, join them.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2066 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A lot of very smart people here and  genuine intent on finding solutions to the menace of cheating.  So I have a couple of questions for you.  I report on average 10-15 people  every time I play which is 3-4 times a week.  Obviously I am in Asia playing on the Malaysian based servers.  I stat check every player I report. What in your opinion is a legit KD ratio for a non-plane, non-tanker player? (clearly cheating players only flying or tanking can have KDs that are huge which is why they rarely get banned).

More importantly, and here is the kicker, headshot percentage ratio (% headshots divided by no. of kills). I look at the majority of great players stats and their headshot ratio is between 28-32%.  Perhaps a little higher for those who are expert snipers. Stodeh is at 28%, Energisedknight is at 18%, Z1inyorita is at 16%, BoccaBoi is at 21%. Almost everyone I report has a headshot ratio over 40% - the majority of obvious rage monkeys are doing 50-95% headshot ratio. So, second question, do you consider this to be a fair and legit method of confirming cheats?  Yesterday I encountered a  player ranked 248 with a 70% headshot ratio (140,000 kills, 98,000 headshots). In your opinion, is there ANY way this player is not cheating? There are a number of these guys around and most of them are streaming. Bear in mind that flyboys have like 0-5% headshot ratios. 

Anyone have any thoughts?

SoaR_Dazs has a general headshot ratio of 70 percent, but on most bolt actions it's over 80 percent. So that's what I'd consider peak human performance. I found the guy you are referencing, and I don't find anything to indicate he would be cheating. His bolt action accuracy is below 40 percent, which would indicate he goes exclusively for the head. KPM totally plausible. Furthermore, I think I know his gamertag on BF1, and he there he has over 400k infantry kills, again mostly with scout. In that game his headshot ratio is closer to 30 percent, which is logical consequence of the game mechanic differences (smaller head hitbox, sweet spot). Again, totally plausible KPM. So I would be inclined to consider him a legit shitbucket.

That being said, your method of determining cheaters is mostly a-ok, apart from these very very rare outliers. Which goes to show the need for utmost diligence in the more unclear cases.

• OP_Glitchmobile
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BUUCKSHOT said:
    The problem with the innocent getting blamed is due to the way Dice logs kills. Everyone assumes a very high K/D ratio is the barometer for detecting the cheater. I had the pleasure of getting put into a squad with 3 clan members who are always being accused on the servers of unfair play. What a lot of people don't realize is how deadly a good squad can be. They all had chat going and we ran as 2 medics, assault, & support. You had to take out our entire squad or we won every encounter, you kill 3, 1 revives 3. If dice were to count kills even if you get revived it would certainly bring the actual k/d ratio into a more accurate snapshot.
    Most people playing theese games are too dumb to play as a squad, and run around mindlessly...offcourse they will start spewing thieir ignorant whines if they get curbstomped.
  • olavafar
    2168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BUUCKSHOT said:
    I agree to this. K/D should not take revives into account. Revive could still save a ticket in modes where it matters and assignment could continue counting the 'per life' stuff, but if you are downed, it should count as a death in stats (or maybe K/D should be renamed Kills per Downed if we want to be picky about it.) For the same reasons a Redeploy should not be counted as a 'downed' either (still a ticket loss though). Personally I have started to use redeploy quite frequently as I do not care if my K/D suffers. In breakthrough, as defender, a Redeploy is sometimes a tactically better (and more fun) option than having to run far to get to a certain spot (or just to change class, because I want a flare or a beacon). In Conquest the choice is less obvious as it will cost the team a ticket but also there it might be a better way to get from, for example, F to A (to defend it) on Al Sundan map (if the alternative is running one will probably get sniped anyway or  arrive too late).
  • EHC_Alex66
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just a simple question, is it possilble for EA to make a hardwarebann ? Because some cheaters get a bann and buy a new BF5, make a new origin account and can play BF5! I know  HW-Banns from BF2 for extreme cheating!
  • olavafar
    2168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just a simple question, is it possilble for EA to make a hardwarebann ? Because some cheaters get a bann and buy a new BF5, make a new origin account and can play BF5! I know  HW-Banns from BF2 for extreme cheating!
    Is it possible? Of course it is. Do they do it? Not as far as anyone knows. Youtuber Niccaman interviewed a cheater and he claimed he could just get a new account so this means there was no HW ban. It is also not trivial to do in a way that is really hard to work around for a cheat program (as the cheat code already 'knows' how to manipulate data in the game client).
  • 5bulletsSLR
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    faced a guy in EU server, several videos uploaded several months ago, yet still playing and on lvl 124, all weapon with 4+ KPM and 50% + headshot rate and still playing, all I can say is 'hehe' to Sean Merson and his useless so-called anti-cheat team
  • MrDaleJrNr3
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh, nothing is being done to combat cheaters, after over 1 year of being published. Good to know.

At least blizzard activision knows how to handle anti-cheating in a way that doesnt make the entire community feeling helpless. I have not gone a day with playing BF5 without meeting several cheaters. Not ONE day.
  • STOPchris
    589 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oh, nothing is being done to combat cheaters, after over 1 year of being published. Good to know.

At least blizzard activision knows how to handle anti-cheating in a way that doesnt make the entire community feeling helpless. I have not gone a day with playing BF5 without meeting several cheaters. Not ONE day.

MW is also a cheat fest, but there is actually evidence that Activision is banning. There are the, "I got banned" threads that pop up every so often on their forums. This has NEVER been the case with this game. I have NEVER seen a single, "I got banned" thread anywhere for this game. Not here, not Reddit, not anywhere...
  • Niick1402
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris said:

MW is also a cheat fest, but there is actually evidence that Activision is banning. There are the, "I got banned" threads that pop up every so often on their forums. This has NEVER been the case with this game. I have NEVER seen a single, "I got banned" thread anywhere for this game. Not here, not Reddit, not anywhere...

Just because you haven't seen those threads doesn't mean they dont exist, i have seen more than one thread about people complaining they got banned. Both here and at reddit. Most recent one i saw wasn't even a week ago and was about getting banned for playing the game on linux which is an unsupported OS, unfortunately.
  • STOPchris
    589 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Niick1402 said:
    STOPchris said:

Just because you haven't seen those threads doesn't mean they dont exist, i have seen more than one thread about people complaining they got banned. Both here and at reddit. Most recent one i saw wasn't even a week ago and was about getting banned for playing the game on linux which is an unsupported OS, unfortunately.

Show me some threads and I'll be pretty happy... Show me some cheaters got banned threads, not the unsupported OS kind...
  • DancesWthMice
    120 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just uploaded video to youtube of a high profile player, who was banned in BF1, bot locking while he was streaming bf5 on twitch! This is GOOD stuff. Spectating video of players is completely unreliable, but this is a real eye opener.

PM me for a link. Enjoy.
  • OskooI_007
    1191 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yup, streamers can even use wallhacks and their audience won't see it with the right kind of cheat software.
  • QU4NT0R
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar said:
    Is it possible? Of course it is. Do they do it? Not as far as anyone knows. Youtuber Niccaman interviewed a cheater and he claimed he could just get a new account so this means there was no HW ban. It is also not trivial to do in a way that is really hard to work around for a cheat program (as the cheat code already 'knows' how to manipulate data in the game client).

As I've written it several times before in this thread: All EA/Dice bans are Hardware-ID-Bans... But as ALL major cheating tools are "spoofing" the HWIDs and reporting fake-ones to Failfight the cheaters can rage on with a new account, cause the bans go out to some Phantom-Hardware-IDs which aren't existing. 
  • rapidfire8
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Actually none of the ESP injections (wallhacks) show up on streaming feeds - even the free ones!!  I love it when cheats say watch my twitch feed.