This Week in Battlefield V - January 13th Edition

Comments

• Blackidus
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    So how does it work, do you just get of new info and pass it on too us?
    Even though they use all the tools like Jira and trello and apparently run in sprints etc they seem incapable at managing a pipeline/backlog nor be able to measure velocity to predict when we might see something beyond a few days. I genuinely thought one would of seen more progress on addressing issues and transparency from DICE by now.
    Yeah I agree to this, i´m a ERP developer and we are using LeanKit as our planning or canban board. I work for a smaller window company with 800 employes and 10 developers. We currently have about 200 cards/errands well organized by priority in our backlogg while we have about 20 per development sprint (1 sprint is about 6 weeks, 4 weeks of development and 2 weeks of testing and corrections).

With Dice´s trello board I expected to see all the bugs and features like anti-cheat and teambalance in there and how they are prioritized. I mean there should be at least 100-200 things on that board or even more.

If they really have a "bigger plan" for this game, by all means share it to calm the storm.
  • Celsi_GER
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Do not revert, UNLESS you fix the Netcodek(1), servers and add ping limits(2) to get rid of the 1 framing(3), trash connection(4) advantage and missing foosteps(5) etc ...

Just add HARDCORE for the TTK whiners(6) that want to play hide and seek(7) wit their 3x scope(8) without glint(9) or 1 framing(10) mid range with SMG'S.
    The camping(11) and not PTFO pre 5.2 was insane(12).

Ignore the (PC) people hyped by "content creators" polls(13).

You call others "whiners" while in only one post (see quote) you manage to whine about 13 different issues. You are beyond ridiculous.

@EA_Rtas:
    Just for my understanding: You felt it necessary to censor "Grandma" as an insult, but "whiners" is okay? LOL.
  • NLBartmaN
    4116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:

You call others "whiners" while in only one post (see quote) you manage to whine about 13 different issues. You are beyond ridiculous.

Whiner has the element of  repeatedly in it ... day in day out on the SAME subject over and over again as a little child ... 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • ChickenTheTank
    814 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    Revert to 5.0.
    More than 80% of the playerbase hates 5.2, polls clearly showed this.
    Give the [Removed] 3 or 4 servers with 5.2 gunplay they can relax on and practice the high skill :| of escaping when shot upon and then everbody is satisfied.

Let's not insult people where it's not necessary ~Rtas

More than 80% of the franchise player base (not just bf5 players, counting players of all bf games) like 5.2(.2).

See, us players who like longer ttk can wildly and blindly make up numbers without evidence too.
  • Celsi_GER
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Whiner has the element of  repeatedly in it ... day in day out on the SAME subject over and over again as a little child ... 

You mean like repeatingly complaining about "trash connection" or "one frame deaths" like you do in 95% of your posts?
    :D:D:D:D
  • IPSEEEEEN
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I9sixty2 said:
    You don't suppose he is ignoring us ?
    No, I'm not. Thanks for question.

-Braddock512
    Betafield V TTK after 5.2 is a disaster. Game state in november after Pacific launch was not perfect but ok, promising... 

Now this game with this TTK and low recoil punish veterans who effort in reach a high skill and benefict noobs who dont care game in general.

And DICE dont say a single word about that. You changed TTK a year ago and most community dislike it and you reverted it. And after a year same story, you didn't learn a single line about it... DICE dont hear their community, you implemented TTK patch (again) againts most community opinion. I say this sentence according which DICE is doing with the game not saying about it. OK saying, they are in totally silence...

Let me summarize why this is the worst BF ever, even worse than Hardline...

Not only TTK is crap now:
    - Only a few competent choices of weapons and equipments.
    - Bugs everywhere.
    - Planes+laggers=broken.
    - Lag you know, no ping limiter...
    - Lot of hackers who are very difficult to remove.
    - Balance system doesnt exist since launch.
    - Why Cant I change team?
    - Infestation of noobs who dont help team, just enjoy graphics as spectators.
    - FPS drops even with a NASA computer.
    - No rent servers system, no it doesnt exist you can "make" one and after that it dissapears easily...
    - Firestorm?? LOL
    - Rotation of FUN modes which arent enabled all time, why...
    - Lack of historic accuracy, some skins, bionic woman did you remember?? LOL
    - Poor cosmetic content, and premium cosmetic content is really expensive, insane¡¡¡
    - Lack of content since launch and even some finished conten which were cut without reason...
    - Archetypes, where?? Where are my paratrooper archetype?? No new archetypes since launch, boring.
    - Autospotting, seriously??
    - Why a lot of several changes in gameplay after a year, gunplay WAS FUN, when you ignore all this problems...

This game betrayed BF fans and veterans. BF1 was wonderful, how is possible this enormous downgrade in the BF saga...

This game was boring and now it is even more boring. Tragic end for a good saga, DICE I wont buy next BF...
  • NLBartmaN
    4116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    (Quote)

You mean like repeatingly complaining about "trash connection" or "one frame deaths" like you do in 95% of your posts?
    :D:D:D:D
    Not seeing the difference between actual technical game issues and a "taste" subject / design choice ...

Not seeing the difference between ONLY 1 subject and multiple subjects ...

Not seeing the difference between whining about the subject EVERY single day (Reddit is just a whine pool of TTK whining kids ...)
  • johnkapa1
    283 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello @Braddock512 can you ask the dev's to put in a play list with the old ttk values of 5.0? I'm sure you can collect some data from there and tell most people will be playing that instead of the new values. 
  • wildbam
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ChickenTheTank I doubt you play any SAR.. otherwise you wouldn't like the longer TTK. I dont agree with "longer TTK is for the skilled" .. It is just lame and frustrating if you r encountering 2-3 enemies around a corner and you r not even able to kill one of them cause they gonna kill you much faster.. before 5.2. I was able to kill 1 or 2 or even all of them with my m1a1/karabin1938M .. fast aiming and shooting. thats skill.. not the opposite of shooting 10 bullets into someone to get a kill..
    and the SARs just have 8-16rounds/magazine .. 
    I explained this already a couple of times so sorry for repeating myself but I have to  :# 

.. if you like bullet-sponges please play some PVE-shooters like Division or Borderlands.... they r also nice! 
  • Celsi_GER
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    Revert to 5.0.
    More than 80% of the playerbase hates 5.2, polls clearly showed this.
    Give the [Removed] 3 or 4 servers with 5.2 gunplay they can relax on and practice the high skill :| of escaping when shot upon and then everbody is satisfied.

Let's not insult people where it's not necessary ~Rtas

More than 80% of the franchise player base (not just bf5 players, counting players of all bf games) like 5.2(.2).

See, us players who like longer ttk can wildly and blindly make up numbers without evidence too.

The fact that you choose to ignore the poll results (they were extensively posted, re-posted and discussed here right after 5.2 release) does not make them non-existent.
    Jagfrag's youtube vote (like or dislike) was pretty representative with over 40K participants... Result: over 83% (36602) dislikes for 5.2.
    This is not open for interpretation, that's 36600 unique votes against 5.2. Only 6090 person voted pro 5.2.

Yes, I know, don't bother to repeat that again, you think that YouTubers are all brainwashed by the "content creators" and do not have an own opinion.
    That's not even worth a "LOL", it's just a ridiculous attempt on degrading an overwhelming poll result you happen to dislike.

Okay, now it's your turn: Show me only 1 vote / poll result with more than 100 participants (representative) which show that a majority appreciates 5.2.
    Good luck.
  • wildbam
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey and I didnt even vote! But 5.2. made me kinda quit .. just logging for the ToW weekly.. after 3-4hours then Im done and out.. sadly..

I went back to bf4 hc and sometimes HLL .. much better choice these days
  • IPSEEEEEN
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14

• Celsi_GER
    IPSEEEEEN wrote: »
    TTK is a disaster now, when you say 1 player who say its ok, you can see another 10 players who hate it...

Just true.
  • ChickenTheTank
    @wildbam & @IPSEEEEEN

Longer ttk rewards players who put the extra effort in to aim for the head. It also rewards players who position themselves well for their weapons engagement range, and emphasizes map control.

These statements have been true since the first Halo launched with its long ttk, which could literally be cut in half by aiming for the head. That was true 20 years ago, and it's still true today.

Also SAR's dominate the mid- long range fights still (outside of the 2A being good at literally any range up to 50m), and are at a severe disadvantage in CQC. That seems perfectly reasonable to me seeing as SMGs and shotties should win CQC battles almost every time.

Instead of blindly calling for a revert ofeverything, can we just buff SARs a little bit, fix the couple worthless CQC LMGs, and move on with life?
  • IPSEEEEEN
    @wildbam & @IPSEEEEEN

Longer ttk rewards players who put the extra effort in to aim for the head. It also rewards players who position themselves well for their weapons engagement range, and emphasizes map control.

These statements have been true since the first Halo launched with its long ttk, which could literally be cut in half by aiming for the head. That was true 20 years ago, and it's still true today.

Also SAR's dominate the mid- long range fights still (outside of the 2A being good at literally any range up to 50m), and are at a severe disadvantage in CQC. That seems perfectly reasonable to me seeing as SMGs and shotties should win CQC battles almost every time.

Instead of blindly calling for a revert ofeverything, can we just buff SARs a little bit, fix the couple worthless CQC LMGs, and move on with life?
    Yeah and forget recon (not sniper) pistol carbines which are even more useless than rest weapons, Trench Carbine a trully airsoft gun...

Even aiming to head, except with sniper rifles and medic carbines, even shooting in the head take longer.

I am not a robot and when you cant aim to head or cant reach it and shoot to body, what will happend? Yeah bullet sponges, very fun...

Some weapons compared with their BF1 versions have even slower TTK than BF1, insane...

Maybe in an imaginary warfare with powerups and energy shields this kind of TTK is ok for you, but this isnt Halo, this is BF¡¡¡ 

Maybe isnt a real simulator as Arma 3 but is a mix between it and an arcade, not an airsoft game...

If you like Halo TTK come back to Halo, this is BFV and since launch, during a year and a bit, we had an specific gunplay which was fun for most players and It shouldnt be changed... Yeah most, dont forget that word, MOST...
  • ChickenTheTank
    IPSEEEEEN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yeah and forget recon (not sniper) pistol carbines which are even more useless than rest weapons, Trench Carbine a trully airsoft gun...

Even aiming to head, except with sniper rifles and medic carbines, even shooting in the head take longer.

I am not a robot and when you cant aim to head or cant reach it and shoot to body, what will happend? Yeah bullet sponges, very fun...

Some weapons compared with their BF1 versions have even slower TTK than BF1, insane...

Maybe in an imaginary warfare with powerups and energy shields this kind of TTK is ok for you, but this isnt Halo, this is BF¡¡¡ 

Maybe isnt a real simulator as Arma 3 but is a mix between it and an arcade, not an airsoft game...

If you like Halo TTK come back to Halo, this is BFV and since launch, during a year and a bit, we had an specific gunplay which was fun for most players and It shouldnt be changed... Yeah most, dont forget that word, MOST...

BC2, BF3, and BF4 all had longer ttk than launch BF5. Those are universally heralded as the best BF games since modern consoles have existed.

That's why I've always loved BF. It has the military setting that's fun, but has always had a longer ttk than many other twitch shooters (a la CoD).

I'm not saying I want BF to be like Halo because I like Halo. I'm saying I've ALWAYS liked BF AND Halo, because historically they have BOTH always had a long ttk.

So instead of telling me to leave and play Halo, I'm goining to tell you to stop asking for something that has never been what's made BF fun. Short ttk has never been part of BF, and it shouldn't start now imo.
  • Celsi_GER
    Following your way of argumentation several other things have to disappear from BF because it (start quote) has never been part of BF, and it shouldn't start now imo..
    There is I first time for everything, also for faster TTK, and people liked it. When they first tried to slow down TTK one year ago, they have reverted to old TTK quite fast. Why? Because a minority protested? Makes no sense. No, it was because a majority protested, the same majority which is protesting now.
    You can go on fishing for supposed "facts" and reasons why they should not revert, but logic and reality still dictate that a big majority hates 5.2.
    I have even assembled a post with proof for this majority, I already have posted it one hour ago, but mod team seems to have decided to hold it back even though it does not contain bad words - but it contained some unwelcome truth.