This Week in Battlefield V - January 13th Edition

Comments

  • IPSEEEEEN
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IPSEEEEEN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yeah and forget recon (not sniper) pistol carbines which are even more useless than rest weapons, Trench Carbine a trully airsoft gun...

    Even aiming to head, except with sniper rifles and medic carbines, even shooting in the head take longer.

    I am not a robot and when you cant aim to head or cant reach it and shoot to body, what will happend? Yeah bullet sponges, very fun...

    Some weapons compared with their BF1 versions have even slower TTK than BF1, insane...

    Maybe in an imaginary warfare with powerups and energy shields this kind of TTK is ok for you, but this isnt Halo, this is BF¡¡¡ 

    Maybe isnt a real simulator as Arma 3 but is a mix between it and an arcade, not an airsoft game...

    If you like Halo TTK come back to Halo, this is BFV and since launch, during a year and a bit, we had an specific gunplay which was fun for most players and It shouldnt be changed... Yeah most, dont forget that word, MOST...

    BC2, BF3, and BF4 all had longer ttk than launch BF5. Those are universally heralded as the best BF games since modern consoles have existed.

    That's why I've always loved BF. It has the military setting that's fun, but has always had a longer ttk than many other twitch shooters (a la CoD).

    I'm not saying I want BF to be like Halo because I like Halo. I'm saying I've ALWAYS liked BF AND Halo, because historically they have BOTH always had a long ttk.

    So instead of telling me to leave and play Halo, I'm goining to tell you to stop asking for something that has never been what's made BF fun. Short ttk has never been part of BF, and it shouldn't start now imo.
    As I told you before, according to some BF1 stats weapons which have been implemented in BFV too, have even slower TTK in BFV than in BF1.

    And as some players said moths ago, this game is unfinished, with a lot of problems, in a state more close to a beta than a finished game. But at least gunplay was fun, before TTK 5.2. (2) patch, maybe that was one of the most important upsides.

    And even if another BF before this TTK was slower or higher or... ok, I dont care but isnt completely true. I remember some examples which can ilustrate better how bad is this TTK:
    MK11-MOD-0 in BF4, 3 shots to kill in all distances.
    M60 was 3-5 hit kill while m16 is 4-6.
    VSS Vintorez full auto sniper rifle in Play4free, 4 shots to kill in all distances.
    Trench Carbine in BF1, 3 bullets to kill in 0-11, now in BFV an airsoft gun...

    And no, dont compare with BFV snipers autoload rifles, ROF is completely different.

    I will search a couple more.

    Since a year and a bit we had a TTK which MOST players like. And DICE changed it two times, against the opinion of bast majority of community. Do you see lot of people ok with this TTK?? I dont see that, you are a minority who can come back to BF, Halo, Minecraft or whatever. Seriously I dont care, but according to some stats you are wrong...

    We should vote this TTK, 1 vote per player who own the game.
  • Celsi_GER
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This vote you propose will never happen.
    It is clear to just everyone what the result will be - and for some reason they do not want to go this way even if it seriously hurts the reputation of the game (and it does, almost every gamer in the world is aware that they have "broken" Battlefield).
  • HugoPlayNow
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For playing on XB1, I think the game is still improving.  The Pacific theatre has renewed my interest greatly!  Wake Island is by far the best map with all the things I wished for...Plenty of tanks and stationary weapons, with a map that funnels action into hot spots.


    But, 2 major problems I have.

    1) Wake Island is very buggy...the whole island shakes and jitters when viewing through a stationary weapon.

    2) PLEASE make AT mines more effective, and generally anti tank weapons more effective.  If a tank drives over 2 mines and I hammer it with everything I have as Assault, and the tank still doesn't go down....what's the point?  At least in BF1 of a tank drives over 2 mines. it's done for.

    I like how mines stay after respawning, but wish there wasn't a limit of how many mines stay planted by one person.

    That said, the game is getting more enjoyable, and I look forward to more improvements and maps.
  • VincentNZ
    3856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @wildbam & @IPSEEEEEN

    Longer ttk rewards players who put the extra effort in to aim for the head. It also rewards players who position themselves well for their weapons engagement range, and emphasizes map control.

    These statements have been true since the first Halo launched with its long ttk, which could literally be cut in half by aiming for the head. That was true 20 years ago, and it's still true today.


    Well of course it can cut TTK in half, as it is a 2x modifier. On automatic weapons that is, on many other classes it isn't, diminishing the perceived bonus in damage. You are also aiming at a target about three times smaller than the chest, so this is not an economic use of your bullets. Also if you put in "the extra effort" you could think it takes longer to effectively aim for the head, decreasing your DPS.
    And also this is totally independent of having a long or short TTK. Of course, it stands to reason, even in the world of Halo that doubling the damage will halve the TTK. That is indeed true since ever, since it is maths.
    As for positioning, nah, not really. While being in cover or out of the enemie's tight rangebox does indeed provide an advantage, the handling of the guns have also been improved significantly. As opposed to a fast TTK where bad positioning was punished while a long TTK and strict rangeboxes gives you a lot of leeway for doing really stupid moves. MW punishes bad positioning and movement harder.
    With more rangeboxed weapons we get instances where you lose fights more often not, because of the enemy being better or you being worse, but because the tool you used was not capable of adequately delivering in a relevant niche, while the game does not offer you enough possibilities to control the engagements you take (limited spotting, limited smoke, map design dominated by long sightlines and wide angles, no indirect fire gadgets, underwhelming explosives).

  • CT1924
    583 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Extreme weather...neat.:)
  • mesterKG
    29 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm in total agreement with @chickenTheTank. Nice post!
  • IPSEEEEEN
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IPSEEEEEN said:
    IPSEEEEEN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yeah and forget recon (not sniper) pistol carbines which are even more useless than rest weapons, Trench Carbine a trully airsoft gun...

    Even aiming to head, except with sniper rifles and medic carbines, even shooting in the head take longer.

    I am not a robot and when you cant aim to head or cant reach it and shoot to body, what will happend? Yeah bullet sponges, very fun...

    Some weapons compared with their BF1 versions have even slower TTK than BF1, insane...

    Maybe in an imaginary warfare with powerups and energy shields this kind of TTK is ok for you, but this isnt Halo, this is BF¡¡¡ 

    Maybe isnt a real simulator as Arma 3 but is a mix between it and an arcade, not an airsoft game...

    If you like Halo TTK come back to Halo, this is BFV and since launch, during a year and a bit, we had an specific gunplay which was fun for most players and It shouldnt be changed... Yeah most, dont forget that word, MOST...

    BC2, BF3, and BF4 all had longer ttk than launch BF5. Those are universally heralded as the best BF games since modern consoles have existed.

    That's why I've always loved BF. It has the military setting that's fun, but has always had a longer ttk than many other twitch shooters (a la CoD).

    I'm not saying I want BF to be like Halo because I like Halo. I'm saying I've ALWAYS liked BF AND Halo, because historically they have BOTH always had a long ttk.

    So instead of telling me to leave and play Halo, I'm goining to tell you to stop asking for something that has never been what's made BF fun. Short ttk has never been part of BF, and it shouldn't start now imo.
    As I told you before, according to some BF1 stats weapons which have been implemented in BFV too, have even slower TTK in BFV than in BF1.

    And as some players said moths ago, this game is unfinished, with a lot of problems, in a state more close to a beta than a finished game. But at least gunplay was fun, before TTK 5.2. (2) patch, maybe that was one of the most important upsides.

    And even if another BF before this TTK was slower or higher or... ok, I dont care but isnt completely true. I remember some examples which can ilustrate better how bad is this TTK:
    MK11-MOD-0 in BF4, 3 shots to kill in all distances.
    M60 was 3-5 hit kill while m16 is 4-6.
    VSS Vintorez full auto sniper rifle in Play4free, 4 shots to kill in all distances.
    Trench Carbine in BF1, 3 bullets to kill in 0-11, now in BFV an airsoft gun...

    And no, dont compare with BFV snipers autoload rifles, ROF is completely different.

    I will search a couple more.

    Since a year and a bit we had a TTK which MOST players like. And DICE changed it two times, against the opinion of bast majority of community. Do you see lot of people ok with this TTK?? I dont see that, you are a minority who can come back to BF, Halo, Minecraft or whatever. Seriously I dont care, but according to some stats you are wrong...

    We should vote this TTK, 1 vote per player who own the game.
    This isnt a history class or a marketing class. Most people dont like this TTK, people who like it are a minority. 
  • ChickenTheTank
    769 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mesterKG wrote: »
    I'm in total agreement with @chickenTheTank. Nice post!

    Thanks dude! :smile:

    Hopefully we'll get an update on any balancing that's coming! There are definitely still guns that need tweaks down and up on the power scale.
  • ChickenTheTank
    769 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IPSEEEEEN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    This isnt a history class or a marketing class. Most people dont like this TTK, people who like it are a minority. 

    Can you provide even 1 data point that supports your claim? From literally anywhere? Aside from "seeing people post about it," which is evidence of literally nothing...

    Bonus points if you can provide thoughts on why whatever you provide isn't biased too! :smile:
  • Celsi_GER
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ChickenTheTank:
    I understand, and I can agree that 5.0 TTK can be disliked for those reasons.
    But please also see our point: We evaluated BFV before we finally bought it (open beta, return period of final version). We bought it because we liked it just tbe way it was. We could live with there being no hardcore mode because normal gunplay was half way hardcore. From our point of view they have just ruined the game, it's not what we have initially bought anymore. And it's not a minor adjustment, it's game-changing.
    We have every right to be upset and in protest, especially when people claim that we are in minority which is a proven... I try to stay polite.... desinformation.
    I would be happy for us and for you if EA / Dice would introduce a fully ranked hardcore mode soon. Everybody would be happy, we could stop wasting our time with flaming at EA or Dice or each other in some silly forum which I have never visited before 5.2....perfect BF world (almost, there would still be the cheating and the balance issues).
    But for some reason EA / Dice refuse to take this obvious way out of our misery... and this enrages me in a way that I am embarrassed to admit.
  • ChickenTheTank
    769 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    @ChickenTheTank:
    I understand, and I can agree that 5.0 TTK can be disliked for those reasons.
    But please also see our point: We evaluated BFV before we finally bought it (open beta, return period of final version). We bought it because we liked it just tbe way it was. We could live with there being no hardcore mode because normal gunplay was half way hardcore. From our point of view they have just ruined the game, it's not what we have initially bought anymore. And it's not a minor adjustment, it's game-changing.
    We have every right to be upset and in protest, especially when people claim that we are in minority which is a proven... I try to stay polite.... desinformation.
    I would be happy for us and for you if EA / Dice would introduce a fully ranked hardcore mode soon. Everybody would be happy, we could stop wasting our time with flaming at EA or Dice or each other in some silly forum which I have never visited before 5.2....perfect BF world (almost, there would still be the cheating and the balance issues).
    But for some reason EA / Dice refuse to take this obvious way out of our misery... and this enrages me in a way that I am embarrassed to admit.

    I can totally understand that argument. I can see how that could be frustrating too. I experienced something similar with Halo 5, where the beta played differently than the release, and then 1 year into the games life, they released a huge weapon rebalancing update that tweaked every weapon in the game. It was tough, but luckily I still enjoyed all of it.

    I'd like to give my perspective in this regard though. I have purchased BF (& Premium where applicable) for every title since BF1942 launched, aside from BF2 (roommate had it) and BF2142(played it at my buddies house). That's 18 years of gameplay that has largely remained similar at a foundational level. Longer ttk when compared to competing titles, and a generally slower paced tactical-arcade hybrid gameplay.

    I purchased the game (got duped into premium on this one; waste of $20) based on all my past experience with BF titles, and how their gunplay has always worked. If you consider this, I used almost 20 years of experience of BF gameplay to influence my purchase decision. On top of the hundreds or possibly +$1,000 spent in the past. That seems like the gunplay being so far from past titles at launch is much more egregious than changing it now compared to using a beta and launch return window to inform your decision.

    I'm not saying either of us are wrong in our opinion. Yours seems valid to me, and obviously my own opinion seems valid to me. That's my perspective though.
  • VeccZyy
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What's up with the lunge mine that was "delayed" at the release of Chapter 5?
  • Braddock512
    1370 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Are we getting a patch this month or not?
    We'll have more info on the upcoming Update next week. 

    dogred said:
    Thanks for the info. I think i'd much rather post here and see the latest info then over at reddit. That place seems taken over by trolls and too toxic.

    Any word about the new map Jungle coming out? Any info appreciated.
    I can't really give you a specific date on when that info is coming out, but it's not too far off. 

    So how does it work, do you just get of new info and pass it on too us?
    I submitted reports and feedback to the Dev team - not just what's being said on the forums, but reddit, Discord, Twitter, Facebook, news articles. 
    And we have Slack channels where we discuss new or trending issues/bugs. 

    When I get some info (usually pretty internal details), PartWelsh and I work to make it usable for public view. We get that sorted and then share it as soon as we can. 

    -Braddock512 
  • hempshark
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have not been playing bf5 almost for a month and still no updates on what dice will do with current gun balance. Nice job "slow clap".
    I can give you a suggestion, free of premium charge, revert pc balance back to 5.0 leave console players with so desired low ttk.
    it's ok to do a little bit more job than just selling premium skins and telling us wow "cool news here"
    also please try not to break the game again with next update.

    see you in a month ma dudes. just stop playing the game
  • ChickenTheTank
    769 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    IPSEEEEEN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    According to feedback in game chat, youtube videos comments, this forum, reddit... as I told you most players who frequently play or played Betafield V dont like this TTK 5.2.2. and demand TTK 5.0. come back. Sometimes you see a stranger who like it, as you, but most time people complaint against it...

    Open a new thread in the forum and put in the title, "I like actual TTK dont change it", and we will see the result...

    I'm going to point you to my response to this, which occurred before you even posted it.
    I would assume the ttk revert follows the exact same trends we see with reviews across all industries (products, services, restaurants, e.t.c) where people who dislike the item (5.2.2 changes in this case) make a ton more noise and ruckus about their thoughts. People who enjoy the item generally just enjoy it, and go about their business. The loud vocal group is historically always the minority of the applicable population too. I'm not stating this is indeed a fact in regards to 5.2(.2), as there's not any data available to us to validate either side. But I think viewing past trends which persist beyond a single industry or product is as good an approach as any in assessing the situation.

    So I'm still going to state my opinion, that longer ttk is good for battlefield, and I still enjoy the gameplay since the change. That doesn't mean I don't want further balancing to get rid of OP weapons (2A, and a couple others) and improve some weapons performing poorly.

    Saying that you "see more people who dislike it" is not a valid and supporting point or piece if evidence. It's extremely influenced by both confirmation bias (you notice how often people say what you agree with, and don't keep track of how often someone disagrees with you in this case), and it's also (more probable than not) following the "loud vocal minority" principle. Which (as I already stated) persists regardless of industry, product, or service. It's my opinion that this is more probable than not to be the case for the population who wants the ttk revert as well.
  • NLBartmaN
    3995 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    IPSEEEEEN said:
    This isnt a history class or a marketing class. Most people dont like this TTK, people who like it are a minority. 
    More people did NOT like the TTK before this one ... but they left or did not buy the game ...

    If the current gameplay (without trash netcode, servers and very low FPS) was the release gameplay, lots more players would still be around ... and there would be a lot less whining.

    The insane overhyped whining about the TTK is because of from the small group of players that are left, majority are infantry only CoD fans on PC ... the rest left or play as little as possible.

    Changing gameplay so drastically so long after release ALWAYS (no matter what they change) will give lots of negativity amongst the players that have played a certain gameplay for such a long period of time ... because the players that REALLY dislike it have moved on ...
Sign In or Register to comment.