Dice needs to either remove the pacific plane bomb sight or stop OHK's on tanks on full health!

MBT_Layzan
2071 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm sick to the back teeth of being taken out by average pilots with no real way to even hide let alone fight back when tanking in pacific maps, decent pilots could do this before the lame bomb sight. It's not fun when pilots continue to wipe out armour easy in this game. You have made the FF almost redundant in CQ, and the broken plane flares add to this problem. It's great when your side has decent pilots, and really horrid when against them. I've read comments like "bad pilots, great match!" because even some honest skilled/pro pilots see this game like farming simulator. 

Either remove this unnecessary sight, or do what you did with rockets, make it take team work to take out a tank on full health, that's what many pilots keep telling us to do against them as they go something stupid zero all match. The fact planes can take a tank down to under 10% in one run out the blue is good enough. Either they can soften up a tank or finish it off, but right now they can just wipe them out in one go. You got so many planes in these maps anyhow, if two pilots want a tank dead it's going to happen anyway. Maps don't provide adequate cover at all to block LOS, some maps are just flat ground with zero cover. Many have poor SAA locations so easy to snipe, many blocked by shrubs, tress etc.

You also need to make infantry pose a greater threat to tanks, you went too far! I feel for them, and miss the challenge, but not the totally one way scenario you have right now with planes and tanks. You can't rely only planes dealing with planes, many pilots just won't provide their side with decent protection but would rather farm the other sides ground forces. You need to get real here, and keep it fun for all not just people in the sky.    

Comments

• StealthAria
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's a lot more cyclic than you think. The AA seem poorly positioned, but any gunner with enough brain cells to rub together can down fighters in a single pass, and the FF now deals enough damage it can actually OSK most planes (they changed it from 3x3 to 2x5 and buffed the range without touching damage per rocket)

So, planes kill tanks, tanks kill infantry, and infantry kills planes.
    Remember, infantry are just tiny specks on the ground and don't even render in for pilots unless they're skimming the treetops.
  • CnConrad
    1187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But with the enormous tank buffs it's nearly impossible to die in one without a plane killing you.

• NLBartmaN
    3995 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At let tanks hill camp or stay out of boundaries killing without any danger again?

No thanks, it is fine the way it is.

Give it a try yourself, it is NOT that easy to 0hk a heavy tank with a plane.
  • Terminator000001
    248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    At let tanks hill camp or stay out of boundaries killing without any danger again?

No thanks, it is fine the way it is.

Give it a try yourself, it is NOT that easy to 0hk a heavy tank with a plane.

Unless you fly a nobrainer heavy bomber. 🦆
  • Noodlesocks
    3300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    Planes with no first person bombing sights shouldn't have third person bombing sights. It's not rational.
    A perfect hit should still be OHK though. If a player can hit one using their own judgement then they should be rewarded for that skill.
  • wiazabi
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Remove the 3rd person marker. I'm totally fine with that. Worked before already.

But considering the pacific doesn't have heavy bombers, the OHK for the Corsair and Zero should stay. Otherwise you don't have much tools against tanks.
    Need to fix Zero planes as they are currently way to good at everything and pretty much melts enemy planes where corsair going after zero is much harder.

I also agree keep the OHK but make it so they have to actually spec for it instead of the current get everything loose nothing specs.
  • Terminator000001
    248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wiazabi wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Need to fix Zero planes as they are currently way to good at everything and pretty much melts enemy planes where corsair going after zero is much harder.

I also agree keep the OHK but make it so they have to actually spec for it instead of the current get everything loose nothing specs.

It's not Dice fault that the machineguns from the Zero were build around the engine. Mitsubishi is the one to be blamed. What Dice could or more should've done is that the Corsair should get finned barrels instead of a more glassed cockpit (why is this even a thing?).
  • MBT_Layzan
    2071 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone remember a BF where each thing had options, that was where the fun was. Not such a one way affair?

Tanks in past games could: Use real cover to break LOS, smoke to break locks, shields to give them some form of protection out in the open so they could still be offensive despite decent jet pilots and choppers. Thermal camo, the ability to get out the tank and heal fast without a super fast ttk and exit animations and locations to boot. A class with AA options. Decent secondary gunner protected and a true asset to a tank, not just an empty seat or one filled with a scrub firing like an idiot and then being killed as soon as any combat ensues. We can't really shut down airfields and stop powerful planes because most spawn from the air, we can't practicably get out and man SAA. Some BF games had way less spotting (1943) so tanks could roll with stealth and use forests to hide from planes. 

Remember real maps with large construction sites, buildings you could literally drive into and fight within without all the easy disables giving refuge to tankers facing major pilots, radar domes, forests. Dice always gave some options until now. Now it's, all your teams fault you are being totally owned by something you can't fire back at or hide from. It's crap, dull, frustrating and fun sapping. 

If mobile AA posed the kinda threat to planes as they do to tanks, pilots would be here kicking up a storm! Infantry do not pose a true threat to experienced pilots, not in CQ, unless it's a clan or dedicated AA squad, how often are you all seeing this? Me twice. In all honestly, it's like one in five matches or less I see decent pilots taking on the enemy planes, so as a tanker I'm always left totally exposed within most matches, it's just down to if the other side has a half decent pilot or more.   

It's hopeless trying against an above average pilot targeting tanks in a match. There is no advice anyone can give a objective minded tanker because we all know that a tank trying to push is a tank already really vulnerable anyway in this game, and will take damage, so add plane attack runs to this, and it's so simplified and skill less. Near misses will finish you off if they don't outright kill you anyway. Stick with your infantry in CQ is no protection either, please don't insult my intelligence with that line. They will only pull out that thing in CQ if planes are making their life miserable all match and then maybe. I do see players on the SAA now and then, I feel like writing to them thanking them but it's only momentary, often they are obliterated if they prove annoying in any lasting capacity.    

Even on near misses from planes, if anything is near you, you are as good as dead anyway like one assault. These attacks often can't even be seen from above. And I really don't think that planes are as vulnerable as tanks are esp with decent pilots. They hardly get downed and it's not because of lack of trying, most have given up on the FF. One match recently a player tried to encourage the team to help him as he could see two pilots going 20+0 owning everything "guys we all need FF's".

So I killed myself and joined him as no one else even replied. We both tried to time our shots and it was dull, as the pilots just ripped up ground units away from us on foot. Or chasing our planes out at sea. We took out a top pilot once, then he went mental and started killing the poor guy all match and trolling him in chat. I just about healing myself, it's a total joke. The SAA got ruined as soon as fixed. Our tanks all in flames that by the end one guy only rolled out in them and kept getting nailed despite us both trying to stop two pilots working him, that's when we got one kill, and it was hard keeping up with that tank because it was also under fire from enemy tanks and infantry popping smoke blocking our LOS.

Camping tanks stand more of a chance against pilots than ones which push, and they won't continue to push if they are going to continue to get opened up all the time. They will just become more camping tanks. It's a miserable setup. Can't you all see this games going down the toilet, ever more simplified and liner, brain dead absolutes with no room for actual combat prowess.

I'm one of the most experienced tankers in this game, I'm conformable in saying that, and I simply have to take it from pilots, and if I'm not multiple disabled on real low health, I'm wiped out in one attack run often out the blue and even when I see them coming and try to evade it's hopeless and fun sapping. I've set my sensitively all the way to max because most tankers don't know this, but on PC it effects how fast you can move and climb terrain. It makes no difference. 

All of you within this thread wouldn't stand a chance tanking in pacific vs a couple or even just one decent pilot with the anti tank setup trained on you. Many of you by now have taken out tanks in planes and LVT's and just think to when you did, how hopeless they had it their end. How many times they didn't even see it coming before you wiped them out or continued to plague them all match. 

I'll leave it at this, I feel for infantry after 5.2, more of dice's infinite wisdom. I could farm them all day and night on Aerodrome or the likes, like many tankers still do. They won't come on pacific because it would hurt their stats. I'm not looking to be immune from danger, I like the challenge but it's too much right now. It's not fun. The games too much about the planes in pacific. All I'm asking for is to not be OHK, or remove that sight and make it more skill based. Make infantry pose a greater threat to tanks, I'm down with that, and make tank v tank fights good like they once where before 5.2                
  • MBT_Layzan
    And it's sensitivity* I'm not editing the above because the posts often disappear. 
  • MBT_Layzan
    Does anyone solo tank much on pacific maps? How are you finding it when you are against decent pilots that hunt tanks?

The amount of times esp now after the bomb sight I'm being taken out on full health, others must be too?
  • Terminator000001
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    Does anyone solo tank much on pacific maps? How are you finding it when you are against decent pilots that hunt tanks?

The amount of times esp now after the bomb sight I'm being taken out on full health, others must be too?

I get in a plane and shoot him down. 🦆

Then I kill myself and get a tank again. 🦆
  • Noodlesocks
    3300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I don't really bother anymore, even with the AA loadout. I don't mind being bombed by a decent pilot but knowing the third person bombing reticles is essentially playing that aspect of the game for them it feels a bit fruitless.
  • ForbidRhyme
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly have played much recently, been playing BF4 since 5.2, but I think planes should be able to OHK a tank. It should be difficult however. I'll be game for removing 3rd person sights or only OHK if everything fired is a direct hit.

But don't take away the ability to OHK tanks, planes should be their natural counter for balance purposes. Especially for the US tank zergs in the Pacific!
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Right now planes are the only counter to tanks. So, yeah.
  • MBT_Layzan
    Right now planes are the only counter to tanks. So, yeah.
    I do agree somewhat, I'd still like to think tanks are at least factored into this too, with combination of infantry. It's really poor this situation, though. I'd rather face those dam circle jerking attack choppers back in BC2 than the pacific planes. You can't move fast enough to evade, you can't fire back with either the main cannon or top MG, you can get out and use something like an FF, and if they miss, your have to fix about 80+% damage, and disables. 

In a game where tanks are meant to PFTO, this sure is a hard counter to that.   
  • ChickenTheTank
    769 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I've found a little bit of success hiding from pilots under trees on maps/sectors where that's possible (ie not Iwo). If you can park under palm trees without knocking them over, it somewhat gets rid of the pilot's ability to just "look for the square" when they're trying to acquire ground targets.

That's not necessarily specific top only Pacific maps. I've been using this tactic for a long time and it helps at least a little bit.
  • MBT_Layzan
    edited January 15

I've found a little bit of success hiding from pilots under trees on maps/sectors where that's possible (ie not Iwo). If you can park under palm trees without knocking them over, it somewhat gets rid of the pilot's ability to just "look for the square" when they're trying to acquire ground targets.

That's not necessarily specific top only Pacific maps. I've been using this tactic for a long time and it helps at least a little bit.
    Thanks man, me too. that's why I really only play pacific storm. It has some trees, it's all I have really and my smoke.  
  • CT1924
    583 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remove the 3rd person marker. I'm totally fine with that. Worked before already.

But considering the pacific doesn't have heavy bombers, the OHK for the Corsair and Zero should stay. Otherwise you don't have much tools against tanks.

OHK is absurd, unless you dive bomb the weak spots.