sound design in this game is nothing but trash

5bulletsSLR
75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
as title said, no sound whatsoever from the behind, purely trash sound design

Comments

• Hairikko76
    22 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have to disagree on this one, if there is something nice in this game it´s the audio part. Maybe directional sounds are wacky sometimes and few poor sound effects but otherwise top notch work.
  • Matty101yttam
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Directional sound is bad, also gunshots sound cheap as well, bf1 gunshots were perfection, bf1 gunshots you could hear the crack and then the echo, bfv sounds like some generic pew pew.
  • Celsi_GER
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have no problem with sounds at all (PC, DSL, ~32ms ping)
  • spychodelics
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I often wonder why watching a bfv stream sounds better then my ingame audio. 
  • heresPaul
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    Directional sound is bad, also gunshots sound cheap as well, bf1 gunshots were perfection, bf1 gunshots you could hear the crack and then the echo, bfv sounds like some generic pew pew.
    I dont notice as much now because I’m used to them but I remember thinking the gun sounds were a bit crap when I first switched over from BF1, sounded a bit weak and ‘clicky’ 
    also, the Stuka siren is disappointing, that was something I looked forward to but it’s just.....unremarkable 
    Post edited by heresPaul on
  • normzzzzzy
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    I’ve always rather enjoyed the sound design of battlefield games and this one is no exception. One thing they seem to Nail on the head every time is the sound design. (Thats my own opinion anyway)

If you play with headphones have you tried changing your in-game sound settings to war tapes? I’ve been doing that since the bad company days and haven’t looked back
  • IIIIuntamedIIII
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the whole game is trash now
  • MogwaiWarrior
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone who says audio in BFV is good needs to get their ears checked.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Even after 3 years of playing BF1 I still love hearing that crack and echo of my Autoloading .35 MM.
  • 5bulletsSLR
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Even after 3 years of playing BF1 I still love hearing that crack and echo of my Autoloading .35 MM.
    exactly, compares to .35's trash sound in bfv, BF1 really did an amazing job
  • OskooI_007
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 definitely has much better sound than BFV. DICE has improved BFV's sound compared to how horrible it was at launch. It's still a step backwards compared to BF1 though.
  • 5bulletsSLR
    I have to disagree on this one, if there is something nice in this game it´s the audio part. Maybe directional sounds are wacky sometimes and few poor sound effects but otherwise top notch work

you know why flank works in this game? cuz you can't hear sh4t from behind, footsteps, vehicles, you name it, together with trash net code.

• normzzzzzy
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15

My ears are fine I’ll have you know 😏 but, yeah... I’m with you. The sound of the crack caused by a sniper round in-game certainly does make your ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ flap.

If you really want to go back... Then there’s the sound of attack helicopters circling above On BF4.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    normzzzzzy wrote: »

My ears are fine I’ll have you know 😏 but, yeah... I’m with you. The sound of the crack caused by a sniper round in-game certainly does make your **** flap.

If you really want to go back... Then there’s the sound of attack helicopters circling above On BF4.

At least I’ll be able to hear them unlike the silent vehicles in BFV.
  • CSO7777
    1547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

My ears are fine I’ll have you know 😏 but, yeah... I’m with you. The sound of the crack caused by a sniper round in-game certainly does make your **** flap.
    I miss the snipers from BF1, the bullet velocity and the sound (not the sweetspot - it was stupid). They felt like powerful guns, unlike in BFV where they feel and sound weak.
  • CSO7777
    1547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have to disagree on this one, if there is something nice in this game it´s the audio part. Maybe directional sounds are wacky sometimes and few poor sound effects but otherwise top notch work

you know why flank works in this game? cuz you can't hear sh4t from behind, footsteps, vehicles, you name it, together with trash net code.

This is true, I think that flanking in this game is way too easy, because the sound is so bugged. And the "electric vehicles" is also stupid...
  • NLBartmaN
    4116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:

I miss the snipers from BF1, the bullet velocity and the sound (not the sweetspot - it was stupid). They felt like powerful guns, unlike in BFV where they feel and sound weak.
    I tried to do the RSC assignment which required 10 headshots in objective areas in a life ... or 20 in a round ...

A gun that requires 2 shots to kill (even when 1 is HS or you need to be really close to kill with 1 HS hit) and has scope glint and the worst scope in the whole game ...

While Assault rifles (and things like the jungle carbine) do NOT have scope glint and shoot faster and have less recoil ... serious who creates these kind of assignments and who balanced the weapons in this game ...

I have no problem making lots of kills with the RSC, but that assignment is just stupid, that group of weapons need the scope glint removed or scope glint added to all 3x scopes.
    Or make the HS kill distance further.
    Right now there is no reason to pick that group of weapons, at its intended range every assault weapon is better or I would take the jungle carbine. (no 3x scope glint is a huge benefit)

So I agree, sniper rifles are terrible in this game, sound and mechanics are poor.
  • normzzzzzy
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    (Quote)

BF1 is the better game hands down mate. I gave BFV the benefit of the doubt for a year and the game is just meeeeeeeh for me now.

Everything about BF1 is just simply better when you compare the two. Don’t get me wrong. I have had some great moments in BFV but, it’s just lacking soo much content to keep me (others) interested.

Im actually starting to believe that having a premium pass would be a key factor into making the game better.