k/d then and now

GRAW2ROBZ
2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Back in April mainly exclusive medic dying trying to get a ton of revives my k/d was .56.  Now its .91.  Should be positive end of chapter 6.  Not to shabby for digging a big hole in the early goings.  Also assault is my least used kit with tanks and plane as well as the least.  Most used use to be medic but being aggressive recon got me moved up fast.  Support was awesome till the tank mines were nerfed.  Seems I move up .01 about a week or two.

Comments

• hkspm123
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SLR is a pretty good kd farming machine , stay back slap a 6x scope , boom profit .
  • FatherDed
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't really play for KDR but like most, you can't help being aware of it - it gives you some kind of overall idea of how you're doing. Like with every battlefield I've played, I start off getting my ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ kicked but over time it gradually rises. Pre-5.2, I was sitting at a a pretty humdrum 1.23. This was mostly as assault using the gewehr 43 and Garand.

However, post-5.2 like a lot of people I ended up using the STG and since then my KDR has been on a steady upward trajectory - it's up about 1.29 now. I'm currently probably averaging abour 2.0 but it's only rising slowly due to the drag on my overall K/D from 350 hours pre-5.2.

I don't think it's all to do with 5.2/STG. Around the same time, I switched from playing mainly conquest to playing mainly breakthrough. In terms of KDR, I seem to do waaay better on breakthrough. Possibly because its more focused and it's easier to predict where enemies are going to come from - in conquest, they can pop out of nowhere and this has a randomising effect on whether or not I come out on top in any given engagement.
  • FatherDed
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Back in April mainly exclusive medic dying trying to get a ton of revives my k/d was .56.  Now its .91.  Should be positive end of chapter 6.  Not to shabby for digging a big hole in the early goings.  Also assault is my least used kit with tanks and plane as well as the least.  Most used use to be medic but being aggressive recon got me moved up fast.  Support was awesome till the tank mines were nerfed.  Seems I move up .01 about a week or two.
    That big hole is a pain to dig yourself out of. With a few hundred hours logged, even a few stellar rounds will only give the tiniest uptick in your overall KDR. I've had that experience in every battlefield I've played since BF2.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FatherDed said:
    I don't really play for KDR but like most, you can't help being aware of it - it gives you some kind of overall idea of how you're doing. Like with every battlefield I've played, I start off getting my **** kicked but over time it gradually rises. Pre-5.2, I was sitting at a a pretty humdrum 1.23. This was mostly as assault using the gewehr 43 and Garand.

However, post-5.2 like a lot of people I ended up using the STG and since then my KDR has been on a steady upward trajectory - it's up about 1.29 now. I'm currently probably averaging abour 2.0 but it's only rising slowly due to the drag on my overall K/D from 350 hours pre-5.2.

I don't think it's all to do with 5.2/STG. Around the same time, I switched from playing mainly conquest to playing mainly breakthrough. In terms of KDR, I seem to do waaay better on breakthrough. Possibly because its more focused and it's easier to predict where enemies are going to come from - in conquest, they can pop out of nowhere and this has a randomising effect on whether or not I come out on top in any given engagement.

I went positive for Hardline in the early goings since I played a lot of hotwire.  Just place a ton of c4 in the streets and pop a couple vehicles.  Be super positive fast and keep the cushion goofing around on regular large conquest.
  • Celsi_GER
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    I am IT and finance guy, so I like statistics Before 5.2 I had longtime avarage of 1.5
    Since 5.2 and especially the type 2a I am leaving most game with 3.0 and more, this is why my longtime average has increased to 1.60 already.
    It may be true, 5.2 serves skilled players, but this does not mean that I like it this easy.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    DaMutha1 said:
    hkspm123 said:
    SLR is a pretty good kd farming machine , stay back slap a 6x scope , boom profit .
    Please don't be this person

But the Model 8 and RSC are my friends but I use 3 ties scope.  But I am aggressive pathfinder.  I take flags while blueberries in the rear with the gear.

• BeastofBourbon84
    522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pretty much do the same as inf in 5.2.2 as I did in 5.0.
    Weapon selection just got smaller and sometimes you switch target to fast cause you think he should be dead.

Total kd 420 blaze it due to vehicles.
  • JamieCurnock
    701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mine has almost doubled since the ttk change, it's made a crazy difference.

Retraining myself to instinctively know if I've killed someone before I stop firing and move to another target has been very frustrating, finally getting used to it and I bet they go an change it again!
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pre-patch, was 2.13 I think. Now at 2.20. I don’t do vehicles. I really like the ttk changes because one can actually react now to upcoming fire and cover is crucial now since being shot when under it has decreased markedly since the update.

Unlike many here, I’m really liking the changes.
  • Terminator000001
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I actually don't know my K/D because I don't care and that number doesn't tell you anything about your skill. Like literally nothing. But it can't be that bad, because I'm pilot main (fighter planes, not bombers. I gave those up after 3 months after release or so).

I'm not that good as infantry and I mainly play medic and support for helping my friends in the squad and the team. 🦆
  • SirBobdk
    4702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    I am IT and finance guy, so I like statistics

Same here. Statistics and numbers are almost an obsession, can't help it :D
  • bran1986
    5827 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do far better post 5.2. I just ditched the smgs and medic and run support with the Madsen with a 3x.
  • FatherDed
    So if we're all doing better in that respect post-5.2, someone must be doing worse?
  • CT1924
    733 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Please don't be this person

I play slrs aggressively. But that is different. Please don't us more than a 2x scope.
  • CT1924
    733 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FatherDed wrote: »
    So if we're all doing better in that respect post-5.2, someone must be doing worse?

Non nambu ir stg44 players.
  • FatherDed
    CT1924 said:
    FatherDed wrote: »

Non nambu ir stg44 players.
    lol true - but why would anyone!
  • jroggs
    1094 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FatherDed said:
    Probably the Christmas tourists.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Haha, I got hate mail from one of these guys yesterday. Dude was hiding in the Pac Storm bushes using a ZH-29 with a 6x scope and I killed him a few times with a tank (just shooting at the flashlight beam in the bushes), so he swore at me in Brazilian Portuguese a few times over PSN, and then an hour and a half later he sent me a picture of a man holding a gun and wearing a dress with a profanity-filled caption about how I shouldn't use tanks. I think he made it himself just for me, which would make it the best hate mail I've ever received.

Ok hard to top that :smiley:
    Preserve it for all eternity.