so... are Grand Operations dead?

Tactical_wizzzeR
334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
we were promised the Greek Grand Operation, and now with the Pacific it seems like Breakthrough is the premium game mode to play... so, does that mean Grand Operations is dead?

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Probably. Not many people play it and it's not very well designed to begin with. Would hope for a complete redesign before trying to implement more maps into the game mode.
  • CT1924
    733 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Very.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Grand Operations needs an overhaul. Mainly just get rid of everything but airborne, and call the whole thing airborne.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Like a lot of things in BFV, Grand Ops sounds good on paper but its implementation is awful and half baked.  Whoever signed it off obviously didnt play much Battlefield
  • Noodlesocks
    3383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Grand Operations needs an overhaul. Mainly just get rid of everything but airborne, and call the whole thing airborne.

Yeah, airborne is the only decent thing about it and would love to see it as a separate game mode. Even if it were to only be a tide of war thing.
  • fragnstein
    621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why would you spend an hour to get through a grand operation when 20 minutes on day 3 is all that counts?

The way the whole thing is counted and scored is just dumb. They should have broken airborne into its own game mode a long time ago. Final stand should have been a set day 3 on some maps, instead of the possible day 4 that no one ever gets to play.

I bet 9 out of 10 people who read this thread don't even know what final stand is, that's how big a waste it is with how grand ops currently operate.

This and then the narrative is always the same. The Germans can loose badly on day one, yet they manage to surround the city and demand the British to surrender
  • iamwiener
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why would you spend an hour to get through a grand operation when 20 minutes on day 3 is all that counts?

The way the whole thing is counted and scored is just dumb. They should have broken airborne into its own game mode a long time ago. Final stand should have been a set day 3 on some maps, instead of the possible day 4 that no one ever gets to play.

I bet 9 out of 10 people who read this thread don't even know what final stand is, that's how big a waste it is with how grand ops currently operate.

This and then the narrative is always the same. The Germans can loose badly on day one, yet they manage to surround the city and demand the British to surrender

Absolutely. Never enjoyed this game mode and the narrative (not the game or result) made me "rage quit" as it is annoying af.
  • mf_shro0m
    2272 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t play because I fell out of love with conquest. Loved operations in BF1 and stick with breakthrough in BFV because you can find action right away. Conquest just became a run in circles, take flag, run to next while last one falls, rinse, repeat all around the map. Few real good confrontations.

I feel the same way about conquest. After hearing all the hype from the old timers about hour amazing conquest it is it was a massive disappointment