BFV - Why do player's say " EZ " ?

Comments

• Foxassassin
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I prefer a free internet with anonymity.

Sure some people will jerks but think about the alternative.

Do we really want a system like China where every little misstep is deducted from your social score?!

Swearing -5 points
    Harassment (we define what that entails, don't mock our dear leader) -10 points
    Antisocial behaviour -20

Oops there goes your right to travel, use public transport, availability of a mortgage (insert whatever you like).

I play by the rules in real life and delve into the internet to unwind.

I want it to stay that way, even if I have to deal with some unwanted side effects.
    Always in absolutes.
    -
    I don't think anyone in here wanted people to be struck down by a Totalitarianism regime. Censorship and basic human dignity aren't mutually exclusive

• BeastofBourbon84
    522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You misunderstand me I'm afraid.

It's not about what people in here want these things are already in action in some country.

Certain politicians here in Germany also keep saying that the net shouldnt stay anonymous...

Basic human decency is how it SHOULD be and a lot of people are helpfully, polite etc on the net.

However there are always a few bad apples as is to be expected.
    Some made ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ emblems so those were removed for all.
    Some were toxic so chat filter for all.

Some are bored some are young some are angry whatever.
    If you want them to behave like they would or should irl you'd have to force them in one way or another.

Now how does that work with humans usually?
    Rules / regulations and punishment for breaking them.

I just made clear where I stand.
    Until then we'll just have to deal with it.
  • mesterKG
    58 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When round ends 1-0, EZ is just funny and obviously so. In other cases it is harmless banter.. trash talk. In a competitive setting like bfv, this is to be expected and totally innocent, in my humble opinion.
  • SirBobdk
    4702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Many obviously have a ridiculous need to create a provocation in game and hope for a reaction. 
    It is not only "ez" but also other chats that have this purpose. I just ignore it and shake my head.

• olavafar
    2123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I only do it when I join a game and play for less than 10 secs, ending last in winning team with 0 0. For me this counts as an easy win as I did not really do anything and it is of course also a bit of a joke, just like doing it for the 1-0 victory.

As someone already wrote, one mostly see it from 'losers' in the winning team. If it is a MVP player writing it, 9/10 times it is a cheater who just wants to provoke (the main reason they cheat in the first place).

• VincentNZ
    3874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think this is actually one of the things that should be filtered. I do like trashtalk, but typing two letters is just effortless. I like it when people write a full sentence to annoy people, actually work for it.
  • VeccZyy
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Really it's just to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the other team off.... it's a toxic style of play that we all like to use when we destroy the other team unfairly :) #gogamers
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Easy peasy lemon squeezy!"
  • BeastofBourbon84
    522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

Got a chuckle out of me :smiley:
    It's so dumb - it's funny.

Maybe we should post some funny banter so we can get something positive out of this?!

A few days ago in a bt match where we already lost a few sectors someone wrote:
    "Now everybody defend objective A like you defend your virginity!!!"

It was a horrible match but A was the last to fall.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

Got a chuckle out of me :smiley:
    It's so dumb - it's funny.

Maybe we should post some funny banter so we can get something positive out of this?!

A few days ago in a bt match where we already lost a few sectors someone wrote:
    "Now everybody defend objective A like you defend your virginity!!!"

It was a horrible match but A was the last to fall.

• Imadis64
    62 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If someone is commenting with 'EZ' sarcastically, that is especially a good time to kill them with kindness. . . Watch it really get under their skin until they eventually almost come around to being at least 1/2 way positive

Try it. It goes a loooonnnngg way
  • mf_shro0m
    2272 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Or maybe because it was actually easy?

Yeh i mean in half the games one team gets stomped
  • Hawxxeye
    6716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    Hawxxeye said:
    Because it's fun to get under somebody's skin, especially when it requires barely any effort.
    Like imagine getting bothered by 2 letters in a chat in an online video game, it's hilarious.
    Imagine people being bothered by a certain symbol that was also used by a certain regime during WW2.
    It is not the word/symbol that bothers people it is the context and intent that bothers people.
    Saying "ez" at the end of the round as part of the winning team is more often than not mockery over the other team for an outcome that was decided often before the round even started thanks to randomness or team stacking.
    Trying to intentionally irritate others is childish and in the case of internet anonymity also cowardly.
    Asking from people to try to conduct themselves over the internet the same way they would if their real life's public image was to be affected by their actions is too much for some people I guess.
    Can't imagine
    Getting bothered by 2 tiny letters sounds pretty childish to me, you can just turn off the game if you are so bothered.

From what I have seen it tends to be the top players that do it the most, besides you don't need to win to spam ez. Yeah, it's mockery, big deal.
    It's childish and so is playing a casual video game.

You want a Chinese style social credit system that's all you had to say.
    But seriously the internet is amazing because you can say what you want or vent (it's healthy you should try it sometime) without fear of rejection from the community. It's not supposed to be Real Life 2™.

I think the problem mainly is people behaving like giant *Insert female body part* and getting riled up about a very small word.
    Because anything than allowing everything is akin to a chinese social credit system...

EZ to me  = "You guys were just bunch of cheap poppets we just plowed that were hardly worth our time *lights cigarette*"
    It is one of the most disrespectful things one can say in the chat and it should be treated as such in a game that supposedly goes out of its way to censor much more harmless things that the soldiers actually say verbally.
    I can vent just fine over the internet without trying to aggravate others.
    Does the EZ thing bother me enough to stop playing? No but I will not lose a chance to bring it up when someone discusses player conduct.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • VoidReaper007
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I say GGEZ every match regardless of the outcome. If I actually wanted to mock the enemy team I'd say "How do I increase the bot difficulty?" instead. It's silly with 63 other players in your match to somehow take personal offense to someone saying the overall match was easy--you could've never ran into them once. If you're doing a literary analysis on 'EZ' at the end of a match to contort it into some madly insulting thing...that honestly sounds like a you problem.
  • SirBobdk
    4702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I say GGEZ every match regardless of the outcome. If I actually wanted to mock the enemy team I'd say "How do I increase the bot difficulty?" instead. It's silly with 63 other players in your match to somehow take personal offense to someone saying the overall match was easy--you could've never ran into them once. If you're doing a literary analysis on 'EZ' at the end of a match to contort it into some madly insulting thing...that honestly sounds like a you problem.
    You know GGEZ will provoke some one and I would guess that's also the reason why you do it. 
    You could choose to just saying GG or WP.
    Being friendly and creating a good atmosphere is what MP should be about. 
    EZ is not "Madly insulting" but it does irritate people, so why do it.
  • ViolationofDerp
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't be mad at them, 99% of the time it's a guy with <1 KD.
  • Hawxxeye
    6716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Don't be mad at them, 99% of the time it's a guy with <1 KD.
    This makes it more frustrating.
    I remember vividly in BF1 that sniper who was on the winning attacker team in an Operation, always camping from out of bounds on the previous sector (and not really being a major asset of his team) saying  "ez plz lemon squeez"

• UltraMG42Camper
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A very good example to EZwell actually the most EZ: I was playing DOM in BF1 and we lost it in about a minute 0-200. Never seen anything like that 
  • ISRAEL_DEFENDER
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A very good example to EZwell actually the most EZ: I was playing DOM in BF1 and we lost it in about a minute 0-200. Never seen anything like that 
    Best username and profile picture I have seen on this forum.
  • UltraMG42Camper
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Best username and profile picture I have seen on this forum.
    Thanks so much bro ;)