Biggest comunity of "tactical" campers, BF ever had

Comments

• Foxassassin
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rattoner said:
    I honestly do not understand the hate for campers. I die infinitely less to campers than I do COD bunny hopping runners and gunners. Heck if anything I applaud a good camper for finding a position that they can keep the enemy from rushing in. Seems more war like to me. Running and gunning strips all the "battle" out of battlefield. Its just chicken with their heads cut off zerging for a kill. I think campers make things interesting. 
    Because it's mostly gaming culture now. Condem how everyone else plays compared to you.
    -
    Another big part of it is "camping",as in anyone staying still for longer than a fraction of a second are usually the ones to kill said people sprinting around. They get upset, and here we are
  • NLBartmaN
    4116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rattoner said:
    I honestly do not understand the hate for campers.
    Everyone is free to play the game the way they want.

But in objective based gamemodes, those stats obsessed players are the most frustrating thing there is, they are useless ...

Next to that it is very annoying if the game is designed in a way that camping players have an advantage ...
  • Rattoner
    330 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Everyone is free to play the game the way they want.

But in objective based gamemodes, those stats obsessed players are the most frustrating thing there is, they are useless ...

Next to that it is very annoying if the game is designed in a way that camping players have an advantage ...

They still call you a camper and hate you even if you're defending your team's last objective from half the enemy team all on your own while they run around fighting somewhere completely unrelated to any of the objectives.

Whether or not a player is mobile means nothing about their personality or team contribution.
    In fact, on the flip side of that argument, I frequently see teams just keep zerging around and then blaze through all their tickets in moments by suiciding into the same few MGs or through the sights of the same sniper nest like a bunch of brain-dead lemmings.
    This is especially true in Outpost where defending a 3 upgraded tower will give you more points if you keep it. 
    My GF and I held an outpost for the entire match, had a few kills and we both got top scores and in every match where we held our out post, we won. Not saying it was due to us, but that the other teams were holding their outposts. 

When I see people sticking around and building all the fortifications and defending the outpost, I know its gonna be a fun match. When they dont, I know its going to be frustrating. 
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    924 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    By ''camping'' i guess most mean ''not constantly running in circles between flags and NEVER defending them''?

It's not really a viable tactic that either, just look how the USA got stomped in Vietnam running a similar one.
  • Hawxxeye
    6716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Because they encouraged it with their "authentic" bipod only weapons among other things

Like people didn't camp before with all kind of weapons in corners or bad visible areas.

You can't fix **** attitude from the people. So I don't see that Dice is the one to be blamed.
    Are you familiar with the term "social engineering"?
    Even if it was done unintentionally game devs create factors that encourage their communities to play in a certain way.
    In the case of this game: If the game makes someone who goes out of his way to kill without dying even at the expense of victory feel like a more accomplished player than the average player who does try to win, then less people will care to play in a way that is good for the team.
  • SirBobdk
    4702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have never been a camper for 16 years, but BFV made me become one. 
    One on the many reasons why I stopped playing infantry.
  • DogRoyal
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Can someone please post a video of these "one frame deaths"? I have never experienced it - I mean, I die very fast sometimes but I also kill very fast so some people could be mistaking and problem being over exaggerated. I am not saying it is not an issue because it clearly is and is brought up time and again in here. I am on PC, maybe it is more of a console thing?

Campers, I dont have a problem with that. Annoying being shot by a guy in a corner but it really doesn't happen that much and its really nothing new. If I hear footsteps coming on the other side of the door and I know this guy is unaware of my presence I too might take a step back and wait a second instead of just rushing through the door guns blazing.

• ninjapenquinuk
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    " too many people just run around in the zerg and it ruins Conquest!"   One player sets up an MMG or whatever to defend a flag - "he/she is rubbish noob camping that flag"
  • SirBobdk
    4702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I say it again, you can't fix **** attitude from the people.
    I know what your trying to say and I do agree in some way.
    But this game did change my attitude and I began to camp way more, something I have not done in other BF games.
    It's never been my way of playing, but I felt like I had to. Maybe I'm just getting old
  • Terminator000001
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just getting old

I feel the very same, and I'm just 26 years old. 🦆

Should I be worried now?
  • SirBobdk
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just getting old

I feel the very same, and I'm just 26 years old. 🦆

Should I be worried now?

Hahaha, maybe
  • Hawxxeye
    6716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You can avoid however to reward that attitude.
    SirBobdk said:

I know what your trying to say and I do agree in some way.
    But this game did change my attitude and I began to camp way more, something I have not done in other BF games.
    It's never been my way of playing, but I felt like I had to. Maybe I'm just getting old
    Same here, I became somewhat more skittish and dive less to either kill enemies in the base or to die and serve as a distraction. I am a lot more likely to try to get myself a halftruck, a tank or a plane and try to just inflict casualties.
  • Terminator000001
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    You can avoid however to reward that attitude.(Quote)

No, you can't and Dice can't either. If someone is going to sit in a dark corner with a shotgun or Suomi/Type 2A/*insert any other high RoF weapon" he will sit there. No matter how hard Dice is trying to punish this.

Like it isn't punished enough already with the current way how flares work.
  • Hawxxeye
    (Quote)
    You can avoid however to reward that attitude.(Quote)

No, you can't and Dice can't either. If someone is going to sit in a dark corner with a shotgun or Suomi/Type 2A/*insert any other high RoF weapon" he will sit there. No matter how hard Dice is trying to punish this.

Like it isn't punished enough already with the current way how flares work.
    If kills gave less score then at least these guys would be less likely to be anywhere high in the score.
    If K/D was not a stat that is displayed prominently it would imply less that the game is about killing and not dying
  • Switchblade00007
    47 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So who makes the rules for who plays "good" and who doesn't? This person/class should do this but not that! This person should not stay in one spot for x amount of time! All classes should be forced to run around non stop! Give me a break. Its a game, play your style and let others play theirs, if that offends people then move to another game, don't bad mouth others cause you don't like their way of playing. If I snipe, I know there are places that give me the best advantage over the enemy, should I not go there more than once? Should I be forced to go somewhere else that is less beneficial to me or the team? Should I go somewhere that will give you the advantage over me? 

If I see a player that continues to go somewhere that is in my crosshairs, I make them pay for their mistake, this may ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ them off but calling me a name for it makes me laugh. If you do not like me being there then come take me out, others do it and I move elsewhere, but not before I am forced or the team objective has moved. 

Snipers snipe, Medics heal, Engineers build, and Assault assaults, thats the game, and how each person does that job, is part of the game. I know playing the current TOW I can sit on a objective and take out many peeps trying to destroy it, helps the team alot as many times, I am the only one guarding it...teamwork, but I guess I would be called camper as well. lol
  • ISRAEL_DEFENDER
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The Virgin Rusher versus The Chad Camper