Who here has stopped playing battlefield or deleted game

huginn123
43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 14
Just curious if I'm the only one who has stopped playing battlefield 5 just tired of all the changes and glitches and lag

Comments

• SixTouge
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm still playing it, it's far from perfect but I loved it from launch. I'm not crazy about the latest patch, but still enjoy playing it for the most part.

I gave the new COD a try, and if it was really good maybe I'd be playing that instead, but it just isn't the same battlefield kind of game.
  • ElliotLH
    8886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm still playing it when I can.
  • sabersun
    111 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Haha. I think most people who uninstalled the game would probably not waste their time to read the forum of a game they don't play.

Patch yes or no. COD is not Battlefield and by the end of the runtime of this game it might be perfect.... Same as BF1 :-)
  • MCFreakReturns
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    I pretty much stopped playing it about 10 months ago. I came back to it after every major update and checked it out. But it still wasnt much fun for the same old reasons (Too many to mention) and i would rage quit after half hour or so.

Now...

Im not sure if its my recent upgrade to the X or the 5.2. 2 Update. Or a combination of both....but the game does feel better than it ever has and seems to be heading in the right direction.
    It still has some major flaws and certain guns need some serious attention,
    but ... i sense that one day, hopefully sooner than later, the game will be fun again.

Post edited by MCFreakReturns on
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    I stopped playing a few days before the 5.2 patch when I saw a youtube video about it. Glad I saw it coming =)
  • SixTouge
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I stopped playing a few days before the 5.2 patch when I saw a youtube video about it. Glad I saw it coming =)

I wasn't hopeful about the update either, and having played after update, I'm not thrilled with the changes, but it's not world ending. The biggest annoyance is the effect it's had on support class weapons, but it still plays decent enough.
  • Mishkin37
    773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sabersun wrote: »
    Haha. I think most people who uninstalled the game would probably not waste their time to read the forum of a game they don't play.

Exactly! That’s like dumping your girlfriend, who you can’t stand, but then following her every day on social media to see if she’s dating.
  • ragnarok013
    3610 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

Exactly! That’s like dumping your girlfriend, who you can’t stand, but then following her every day on social media to see if she’s dating.

Not at all true. Some want to keep abreast of the latest news hoping the issue that drove them away is fixed. Others enjoy the community and still love Battlefield even if they don’t like the latest one.
  • Mishkin37
    773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

Not at all true. Some want to keep abreast of the latest news hoping the issue that drove them away is fixed. Others enjoy the community and still love Battlefield even if they don’t like the latest one.

You’re absolutely right, and you make valid points. I bet some people like the forums more than the current game, or they are hoping for a fix, so they can return. But my hunch is that this is a very small subset of players.

• IIPrest0nII
    2083 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited January 18
    I prefer Battlefield 4 than Battlefield V and looking froward to the next Battlefield. Honestly I'm tired of the WWI and WWII setting.
  • Mishkin37
    I prefer Battlefield 4 than Battlefield V and looking froward to the next Battlefield. Honestly I'm tired of the WWI and WWII setting.

They really missed an opportunity, when they didn’t jump back into a modern title before CoD did it.

I enjoy playing BFV, probably because it’s a Battlefield game, but everything about it has felt a little lazy.

• ragnarok013
    3610 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

I understand where you're coming from IIPrest0nII. I like BF3\4 a lot better than BF5, but I was genuinely enjoying BF5 until 5.2\5.2.2 after which I uninstalled the game for the first time ever before the new one came out. If they ever roll the TTK back to 5.0 I'll happily reinstall but until then I'll save the HDD space for games that I actually play.

• sabersun
    111 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I actually enjoy these settings. BF1 was great in terms of landscape and mood.

They missed the boat a little on BFV. It never felt like a WWII game to me. It got a little better with the Pacific. But overall I feel it is a contemporary time setting rather .
  • IIPrest0nII
    2083 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited January 18

I understand where you're coming from IIPrest0nII. I like BF3\4 a lot better than BF5, but I was genuinely enjoying BF5 until 5.2\5.2.2 after which I uninstalled the game for the first time ever before the new one came out. If they ever roll the TTK back to 5.0 I'll happily reinstall but until then I'll save the HDD space for games that I actually play.

Same, I had to uninstall BFV to save the space on my HDD for other games that I'd like to play, but I won't uninstall BF4 because I know that this is the game that will be relevant for a long time. Really hope the next Battlefield will be awesome like BF3, BF4 and BFBC2. Do you remember how many studios participated in the developing of Battlefield 3? Six studios and the developed the game for 3 years afaik and we got pretty cool shooter. They made so awesome work. There were so many opportunities. The shooter that made Battlefield popular game. Now people leave Battlefield. That's sad.
  • Mensrea831
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First time ive missed a tow (s) since the game started and i truely still dont care to sign on now that its boring.
  • chrismireya
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One of my biggest complaints with both Battlefield V and Battlefield 1 has been that the game is just "too open." By this, I mean that there is so little cover. I gave copies of both games out to dozens of friends and family members. Few of them continued to play it after the first week. For the most part, they said that the game was just too "frustrating." One (a friend who was a die-hard BF3 and BF4 player) said that the learning curve was too steep for both of them -- to the point that he didn't want to put in the hours to learn the game. 

I played BF5 today on my PC. When I started up Origin, I noticed that I had not played it in the last seven months -- and only had a few hours on it. I've played it a bit more on the XBOX ONE; however, it just isn't a game that I look forward to. The game still felt like a confusing mess. In every game, I was stuck with a bad squad on a bad team with lopsided loss after lopsided loss. No one communicated by voice or squad commands. I didn't even know how to change squads or teams (if that is even possible). After a while, I turned it off. I was...bored...by the disappointing chaos.

This is a stark contrast with Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4. Those same friends and family members would play those games almost religiously. We set up times by phone or text so we could squad up after work or school or on the weekend. 

Yet, I have given away Battlefield 5 to those same people and each accumulated less than five or ten hours since the game was released. 

I'd love to see the next Battlefield game be more like Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 than BF1 or BF5. I don't want just a "modern" skin on BF5 either. If that's what we're getting, I'll just stop playing Battlefield and keep playing Arma, CoD and PUBG. Or, perhaps, some other studio will create a game that will be a lot more like BF3 than the hot mess of BF1/BF5.

I'm not saying that there isn't anything good in BF5. I like the multiplayer...just a bit. The visuals are stunning. However, I'd still prefer BF3 over BF5 any day.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Stopped playing after about 70 hours. Pretty sad because I have around 1000 hours in each other BF game, excluding Hardline, dating back to BC2.
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE says they are not gonna remove snap to aim so I'm never coming back.
  • KPNuts74
    650 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No way - I love this game
  • Captain_Kirkoid
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been with BF since the beginning and I just came here to see if people were still complaining about the same things...and they are. I uninstalled BFV in the new year, start as I mean to go on. I've consistently played BF4 because at least 1. the bugs are manageable, 2. the spotting works, 3. the player base is mostly people who are as enthusiastic and as good as me...the only major complaint I have now is the release of a mouse for the XB which means I have zero chance against the jets and jet gameplay has changed significantly since XB1 could use a USB mouse. I used to be a helicopter ace in BF4 but now with mice I get shot down in seconds and got hardly any air time in BFV. In most games I would be shot down within a very short time of flying because you don't have the same turning control and stability with a controller. I see that all the time in COD in the kill cams where the reticle is almost frozen because the adjustments can be much smaller with the 360 degree control of a mouse.

For me its the same as everyone else. The bugs bugs bugs oh my god the bugs and they've been around since I can't remember when, what over 10 years? The SAME bugs...hammering the A button to vault things, getting stuck on random bits of graphic, the LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG respawn times, the penalty for being knifed which makes the respawn time EVEN LONGER!!!! I have literally spent more time respawning and watching this stupid game than playing it sometimes. Too many children and people who don't know don't want to know what they're doing.

BF has gradually gone down hill, probably due to new blood into the team somewhere either in dev or management. As an ex programmer I can appreciate the complexity but as a gamer it's not worth my hard earned £70. The vehicle's suck in BFV...there is a tangible difference between BFV and 4 vehicles. For example the tanks in 4 felt "heavy" whereas in 5 they slide and skid all over the place and it feels like you're on ice not driving a 20 tonne hunk of metal. There are just too many problems to mention. Bottom line for me is I will never buy another DICE game off the shelf and will get it at CES or second hand or not at all depending on reviews months down the line after release. I used to post lonnnng lists of bugs for the previous BFs and was shocked at the low level of quality sometimes but now I just can't be bothered. I'd rather not be a part of their empire any more.