Battlefield 5 vs Battlefield 4

2»

Comments

• duendemago
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I feel every single word that you wrote. That is exactly my feeling and way of seeing things. They just destroyed one of the most valuable things that keep them earning money with this franchise: THE AMAZING BF COMMUNITY. And above all, they also managed to deliver an UNFINISHED and UNTESTED product with TERRIBLE PERFORMANCE. Who takes these decisions and why?
  • Bupt_Roy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    #%^@ to EA is all I want to say
  • BrownBreadz
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 was good because it was pretty fair, had better ways to flank, and had private servers where rules were enforced. Cheats, hacks, etc. Those guys were kicked or banned or both. You knew the mod's did their best to keep them out. I really don't think EA cares.
    BF4 was the peak of the BF series, BF1 substituted eye candy and special effects to cover lack of creativity.
    BF1 is OK, and if they could get their credibility back in anti cheat, that would help a lot. People don't sign up to have a lousy time.
    BF1 lack creativity? Literally the only "creativity" in BF4 compare to BF3 is "Levolution"
    I agree, that said don't try and fix something that's not broken, you end up with this :)
  • BlindChance
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

BF4 was a buggy hot mess for close to 12 months after the initial release. However it had lots of content and DICE LA tried to fix not only the game but also the relationship with the community. The game itself also allowed for far more community engagement. It didn't make it a great game in my eyes, the issues were glaring since BF3 that modern BF team did not only learn much from mistakes of the past, but were adding other negative trends:

• Poor game quality at launch

• Chasing profits even at the cost of the franchise identity

• Poor game and map design

• "Lower the threshold"

• Game design and management failures - wasting resources on game features, modes no one cares about

BF4 was a better game than BF5, but that is not difficult. The disease already set in.

• G-Gnu
    1512 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    BF4 All freaking day if they only had a decent Anti enhanced gaming chair software which they seems to completely lack @ every iteration in the franchise.
    But they should really scrap the Frostbite engine, they must know at this time that the client , server hitreg is a total fail.
    They need to go back to server reg only for the next iteration , other wise it is already more setup to fail.