is it me or the grease gun velocity too low?

Comments

• mf_shro0m
    2276 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I don't mind a gun not being the OP one for that class ... but this weapon has NOTHING ... there is NO reason to use it ...

Other SMG's are at least decent in 1 element of gunplay or a certain range, but this weapon has really nothing ...

It feels like a very weak ribeyrolles ... it does not even feel like a SMG ...

I’ve heard that the silencer doesn’t do much atm and i think that if they buffed the silencer so it was almost silent then the gun would have a niche. I think that’s the right direction for it. Additionally enemies you kill with it could completely vanish from the hostiles’ minimaps as opposed to becoming an ‘x’ as this would make users a lot stealthier

Another thing is that I wish dice would finally vary the ADS times of guns in the same class and make it so that heavier guns including those with extended mags had longer ADS times which would give the lower ROF guns which are typically limited to 30 round mags an advantage. The grease gun was lighter than 20 round mag Tommys irl for example and that could be reflected in-game. It would then have a bigger ADS time advantage over tommys with 50 round mags
  • hkspm123
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I don't mind a gun not being the OP one for that class ... but this weapon has NOTHING ... there is NO reason to use it ...

Other SMG's are at least decent in 1 element of gunplay or a certain range, but this weapon has really nothing ...

It feels like a very weak ribeyrolles ... it does not even feel like a SMG ...

I’ve heard that the silencer doesn’t do much atm and i think that if they buffed the silencer so it was almost silent then the gun would have a niche. I think that’s the right direction for it. Additionally enemies you kill with it could completely vanish from the hostiles’ minimaps as opposed to becoming an ‘x’ as this would make users a lot stealthier

Another thing is that I wish dice would finally vary the ADS times of guns in the same class and make it so that heavier guns including those with extended mags had longer ADS times which would give the lower ROF guns which are typically limited to 30 round mags an advantage. The grease gun was lighter than 20 round mag Tommys irl for example and that could be reflected in-game. It would then have a bigger ADS time advantage over tommys with 50 round mags
    the suppressor remove the directional marker when taking damage , which is pretty useful when trying to pull of massive flank
  • VincentNZ
    3874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The silencer removes the directional hitmarkers, that is an unquantifiable bonus and the standalone feature of this weapon. You will leave your enemy blind when hitting him.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    The silencer removes the directional hitmarkers, that is an unquantifiable bonus and the standalone feature of this weapon. You will leave your enemy blind when hitting him.

unless he sees you ^^ which with the current permanent spotting going on on all maps with aircraft is very frequent
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2065 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im not sure how useful the silencer will be.  Seeing how the weapon is meant to be used in uber close quarters will mean you will be dead before you can react in the majority of cases so the lack of hit markers would mean diddly.  Where the lack of hit markers would leave the intended victim at a disadvantage would be longer ranges where the ttk is longer and more shots are likely to be missed and so leave the player 'blind' as to the where the fire was coming from.
  • NLBartmaN
    4116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played some more rounds with it:

close combat you get melted by Type 2A and Suomi ... so do NOT do that ...

With silencer and at the end of the capable range of high RoF SMG's you can do some serious damage and streaks.

But the low velocity and low RoF will get you killed a lot by things like the STG and LMG's.

It basically only is useful when you are able to play stealth and avoid more than 1 enemy player.

But will probably never use it again ... the velocity and RoF are far too low.
  • mf_shro0m
    2276 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hkspm123 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    the suppressor remove the directional marker when taking damage , which is pretty useful when trying to pull of massive flank

Tbh I’m ~380 hours in and averaging like a 2.3 KD and I have no idea where the directional damage marker is lol

Also like someone else pointed out I’m pretty sure you’d know which direction you were getting shot from even if they were shooting you with a silenced SMG. I think gameplay would be better if the silencer primarily made it harder for third parties to spot the shooter whilst still allowing the person being shot to know where they’re getting shot from
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like it so far. Nice sound, and a decent right spec tree. Suppressor to me is pretty dumb given most of the time, if you're shooting at someone they shouldn't even have time to react.
  • VincentNZ
    3874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Tbh I’m ~380 hours in and averaging like a 2.3 KD and I have no idea where the directional damage marker is lol

Also like someone else pointed out I’m pretty sure you’d know which direction you were getting shot from even if they were shooting you with a silenced SMG. I think gameplay would be better if the silencer primarily made it harder for third parties to spot the shooter whilst still allowing the person being shot to know where they’re getting shot from

It is the red indicator that tells you the direction the shot is coming from. It is quite a potent feature. Last week I was on Arras A and getting damaged for 30ish damage or so. I did not hear a shot, no indicator, nothing. At first I thought it was environmental damage or a grenade that went off and had a soundbug. Then I thought it might be a guy that bugged under the floor or someone hacking.
    It was just 5 minutes later when I got killed by a Commando Carbine that I figured out it was him that shot me before. There was no way I could have ever identified the source on that point. And it is the same with the Grease Gun. Whenever you engage someone that can not hear your shot and that can not directly see you, he will have a hard time identifying where the shot is coming from, as he has a 50% chance of turning the wrong way upon damage. Especially when you are in a gunfight already, or just left a gunfight the Grease Gun shooter will be completely masked.
  • ISRAEL_DEFENDER
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    (Quote)

It is the red indicator that tells you the direction the shot is coming from. It is quite a potent feature. Last week I was on Arras A and getting damaged for 30ish damage or so. I did not hear a shot, no indicator, nothing. At first I thought it was environmental damage or a grenade that went off and had a soundbug. Then I thought it might be a guy that bugged under the floor or someone hacking.
    It was just 5 minutes later when I got killed by a Commando Carbine that I figured out it was him that shot me before. There was no way I could have ever identified the source on that point. And it is the same with the Grease Gun. Whenever you engage someone that can not hear your shot and that can not directly see you, he will have a hard time identifying where the shot is coming from, as he has a 50% chance of turning the wrong way upon damage. Especially when you are in a gunfight already, or just left a gunfight the Grease Gun shooter will be completely masked.
    Suppressor won't be nearly as useful as one the CC, if JackFrags sound testing is anything to go by. The gun is still very much audible with the suppressor in your effective range. Seems pretty gimmicky to me.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The grease gun is a beast.  Only reason worth using medic class again.  Wasn't crazy over the stiff clunky laser beams of type 100.  Also Type 2A is nice up close but I like mid to long range as well.
  • grrlpurple
    841 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well I'm getting killed by the M3 but can barely kill anyone with it myself. Tried all spec variations and half my shots seem to have no effect at all...
  • hkspm123
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well I'm getting killed by the M3 but can barely kill anyone with it myself. Tried all spec variations and half my shots seem to have no effect at all...
    u have to position urself to be advantageous and lead your shot due to extremely low velocity 345m/s + low rof . well its a skill cannon , so it obviously have higher skill floor compare to 2A , to be successful with it , tracking aim is very important 
  • maskedocelot
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does the silencer have any negatives? Like any stat reductions?
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    798 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    The grease gun is a beast.  Only reason worth using medic class again.  Wasn't crazy over the stiff clunky laser beams of type 100.  Also Type 2A is nice up close but I like mid to long range as well.

I find it a bit crap 11m+. The drop off is so quick. I got a 97 hit earlier at a range I'd hope to OHK with a shotgun.

Saying that I do enjoy using it.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well i I used it a little and what I do like is that the mag on this thing lasts forever due to low rof.

I had to actively remind myself not to reload all the time ;)

Get your 3 or 4 hits quick and it works.

Problem is it's decent in a range that is
    1. Dominated by the 2a/soumi
    2. Hitmarkers don't matter in cqc

You won't have time to analyse a threat using hitmarkers in cqc because the engagement ends in the blink of an eye.
    So the silencer is not really useful imo.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5976 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Suppressor is a good new feature but overall M3 feels like a worse version of MP40/STEN. It deals more damage but less accurate and harder to control compared to those weapons. And 2A is still way too accurate for being extreme cqc SMG.
  • TFBisquit
    1929 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, I like the suppressor now, not at first, but most enemies don't know where to look when I hit them.
    I would say forget about the hipfire spec, way too slow for that to be effective. And you have to lead your shots.
    All in all not too bad, this weapon. For now.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Interesting i tend to avoid ads with smgs in "smg range".
    So I always go with as many hipfire specs as I can.

Different folks and all...
  • mf_shro0m
    edited January 18
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

Where is it? Is it like a red patch on the edge of the minimap or something?

Yeh see, that’s what I don’t like about silenced weapons being completely untraceable when you’re shot with one. From the sound of it I get the feeling that it’ll just encourage people to go prone in bushes which sucks for gameplay. I’d much rather the guy who’s getting shot be able to tell roughly where they’re getting shot from whilst allies who aren’t right next to them couldn’t tell because irl it should be incredibly obvious which direction you’re being shot from but tracking the source of silenced, flash-less weapons should be difficult t third parties
    Post edited by mf_shro0m on