Please DICE! Restrict the ability to bipod while laying on back!

mesterKG
91 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I like MMGs in the game, but I don't like players pretending to be dead on their backs spraying me down with bipod accuracy. Bipods should work prone on stomach facing forward. If on back, hipfire accuracy should apply.

IMHO
GLHF

Comments

• Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To be fair, laying on your back is pretty much the most reliable way to use a bipod without it randomly undeploying mid-firefight.

IMO DICE just needs to remove the bipod only part of weapons. Just give MMGs ADS with a 4-6 BTK at all ranges, depending on ROF, and just have massive recoil. The slow ADS speeds and awful hipfire would keep them balanced at close range, and those that can master the recoil would have weapons actually capable of taking on ARs without being totally immobile. Also, anti-materiel rifles need to just be OHK to the chest at, say, 20m max. Their slow rates of fire already make them useless in CQC so the OHK would basically just be a final contingency, but actually useful because you could ADS. However,  I think they'd need higher muzzle velocities to make up for having their OHK range nerfed.
  • mesterKG
    91 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you wanna remove the bipod of mmgs, might as well remove the mmgs and stick with the lmgs only. Bipoded mmgs gives opportunity for unique play style. What you are describing is just another weapon to use runnin' & gunnin'.. I don't need that.
  • Rattoner
    330 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, lets just add one more uber negative to playing as a support MMGer. No

MMG's are extremely situational as it is adding just ONE more negative change to the gun might as well be the removal of the guns. 

• YourLocalPlumber
    3224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mesterKG said:
    If you wanna remove the bipod of mmgs, might as well remove the mmgs and stick with the lmgs only. Bipoded mmgs gives opportunity for unique play style. What you are describing is just another weapon to use runnin' & gunnin'.. I don't need that.
    So unique. No other BF game did bipods.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    862 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with posts 1and 2.

I don't like the back-pod but it is the only reliable way for them to work, therefore they are broken.

Let them ads but with penalties for balance and we'd have a better game.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2111 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Whilst I agree you shouldn't be able to bipod when on your back, it won't stop someone effectively doing exactly thing with an STG or *insert most over weapons*
  • Kebasa
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MMGs are already close to useless so you want to nerf them even more? Try lay down on your stomach on Pacific maps and have all that grass in front of your face blocking your view
  • jroggs
    1153 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Get rid of backprone and sideprone completely. It's completely anti-physical and unrealistic (especially with bipods), looks absolutely ridiculous, and exacerbates visibility issues. 

They need to fix the foliage issue by realistically elevating the gunner's POV instead of unrealistically turning him into an ostrich burying its head in the dirt.
  • SirBobdk
    4759 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remove prone