What maps do you "nope" out of when they come up?

Comments

• MBT_Layzan
    2242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    Fjell. Cannot move 10m on it without getting bombed back to spawnscreen.
    Horrible map with too many planes and no (working) defense against them.
    You would think if the FF had any success it would be there with all those vulnerable infantry vs planes. No wonder I hardly see it in CQ pacific.  
  • Blackidus
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Before Type 2a whas released it whas only Marita that I would skipp, now I skipp all close cuarters maps and only play large maps like Hamada and Panzerstorm to avoid all the Type 2a players.
  • Rattoner
    330 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any map that is a sure fire loss.
    Any map that has squads and squads of try hards and my team is pugs and not even full
    Any map that is 32 players on their team and 27 or less on mine
    Any map that has a clear cheater in it 98-2 etc
    Any map that allows planes to dominate infantry non stop with terrible SAA locations (not that SAA works even if it had a good location)
    Arras
    Narvic
    Panzerstorm 
  • PonyCereal
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Depends pretty heavily on who's playing but probably Iwo Jima breakthrough. Depending on how your pilots rank up against the opposing team it can very quickly devolve into a game where you literally can't do anything due to a combination of 100% spotting coverage on objectives and bombs melting everything on the ground.
  • FatherDed
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow. there's a lot of quitting going on!

So is there a set order of rotation of maps across all conquest and breakthrough servers? If so, could anyone list the order? I generally don't get to play enough consecutive rounds to notice an order. Plus I've got the memory of a goldfish with alzheimers.
  • ElliotLH
    8909 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 20
    I really don't enjoy Wake Island or Pacific Storm. Fjell is still the worst for me though.
    FatherDed wrote: »

So is there a set order of rotation of maps across all conquest and breakthrough servers? If so, could anyone list the order? I generally don't get to play enough consecutive rounds to notice an order. Plus I've got the memory of a goldfish with alzheimers.

There is a set rotation which they do change from time to time. The easiest way of seeing the current one is to view server info in the browser as that will list the maps 🙂
  • TyroneLoyd
    1562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 20
    None. I don't leave servers unless I'm getting off the game. Usually stick to cq anyway.

It used to be panzerstorm when it first came out.
    Post edited by TyroneLoyd on
  • FatherDed
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    I really don't enjoy Wake Island or Pacific Storm. Fjell is still the worst for me though.

There is a set rotation which they do change from time to time. The easiest way of seeing the current one is to view server info in the browser as that will list the maps 🙂
    Much obliged - not sure if/how you can view server info like that on xbox but I'll have a look .
  • GrizzGolf
    1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sundan 100%
  • Hawxxeye
    6710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    Currently I am only playing the Marita-Underground-Devastation chain and avoid all vehicles maps because vehicles are hopelessly overpowered.
    this chain is exactly what I would nope out off.
    I play BF games for combined arms and not infantry only
  • ElliotLH
    8909 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 20
    (Quote)
    Much obliged - not sure if/how you can view server info like that on xbox but I'll have a look .

No worries at all. I play on Xbox so you should be able to do this as well - I just press X when I've got a server highlighted in the browser.
  • SICIOUS
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BT... Fjell, Panzerstorm, Narvik, 
    I like Al Sundan but the start of the game is terrible because tanks and snipers just camp on the attacking team. I push tanks into the ravine on a regular basis or smoke out my own team.
    Wake is terribly unbalanced needs attack boats and less tanks.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not crazy over the large conquest maps of Hamada, Panzer storm, Al Sundan.  Also I leave if breakthrough mode pops up replacing conquest.  But also comes down to how the players play on your team as well.  If they're bottom of the barrel players then any map can get very sickening quickly.
  • spartanx169x
    847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Every single map has issues that prevent it from being good map. In no particular order for Conquest-

Arras- has too much foliage where players can literally be completely covered and not seen.  This BF not Ghost Recon. This was not an issue in prior games. It has nothing to do with upgraded visuals. Its simply too many bushes or tall grass.

Panzerstorm- Also guilty of too many bushes but not as bad a Arras. But it also has an issue with too much clutter in the objectives and too many destroyed tanks that in a blink of an eye act like decoys, you think you are running passed a destroyed tank then BAM! Your dead.

Aerodome- Far too much clutter around objectives C,D, and E and on top of that tanks can sit in spawn and shell objectives.  But it goes further with the ledge on the A side that draws scouts to camp and  have sight lines for over have  of the map with no easy way to get to the ledge.

Devastation: Absolutely terrible shading throughout the map, too much clutter pretty much everywhere, poor lighting.

Wake Island- Tanks can sit in the middle of the bay unopposed again too many bushes, completely unbalanced spawn areas for teams.

Iwo Jima-  Finally a map with no bushes, but its issue is unbalanced  spawn areas for teams.

Rotterham- The metro station should not be up in the air. If it were on the ground it would be much better and not a haven for scouts. It also has far too many buildings where players just sit in windows to pick off anybody that goes by and encourages players to not play the objective. This could be improved by allowing the full destruction of rooms where players can sit.

Maritas- suffers from poor color shading that blends is far too well with uniforms combined with poor lighting. The sun should always be at noon on the map. Further it only has one lane and that is the C objective. It should have a second lane which should be big tunnel going thru the mountain between A and E and a full lane on around the mountain from the A objective to the E objective.

Fjell- suffers from shading that is exactly that of the teams uniforms which contributes to poor lighting. Not too mention the jagged rocks which contribute to visibility issues.  Most of the objectives are too cluttered. Then there is the spawn trapping. It should have two lanes one of tunnels and another maybe as a road with a decent amount of cover.  And it should also have multiple ways to avoid spawn trapping.

I could go on and on with the maps and I didn’t even touch on the effect of vehicles(tanks and planes).  The clutter and or excessive bushes, poor lighting or poor  far too often encourages camping away from objectives and  at the same time often causes a single player to hide for an extended period forcing as many as 8 to 10 players to search for him for a very long time. Again this is BF, its not a Ghost Recon game. It does nothing but slows down the game.  Never once playing BF4, HL, or BF1 did I think too much clutter or too many places for players to not be seen at all.

I’ve said it and will continue to say, from the game’s very inception, It’s obvious the designers of the game were inexperienced. Because almost every aspect of the game, was done with no thought of the consequences- from the trailer, to the launch, to matchmaking, weapon/vehicle balancing. No thoughts of unintended consequences.     

• FatherDed
    ElliotLH said:
    (Quote)

No worries at all. I play on Xbox so you should be able to do this as well - I just press X when I've got a server highlighted in the browser.
    Thanks for the info. I'll have a look this evening - would be good to know the rotation if I'm ever in the mood for a particular map.
  • Matty101yttam
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Marita, can't see anything on that map and its to grindy around c-d.

Most everything else is fine, maybe fjell when the enemy planes have good pilots and my team are non-existant(i can deal with planes OR i can deal with inf...can't do both).
  • Stalinium9
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All of them expect Pasific maps and Aerodome.
  • CT1924
    729 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    moose004 wrote: »
    Just curious...are there any maps that you bail out and switch servers when you see them come up in the rotation?  For me on Conquest, it's al-Sundan.  I *should* like al-Sundan given the variety of terrain and verticality, but something about the map just drives me nuts.  Maybe it's too big, but Panzerstorm is big and I don't mind that one.  (I play almost exclusively infantry).  What's yours?

All of them. Just kiddining. Whenever the team balance is bad. Team balance is more important to maps for me.
  • VincentNZ
    3874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Celsi_GER said:
    Currently I am only playing the Marita-Underground-Devastation chain and avoid all vehicles maps because vehicles are hopelessly overpowered.
    this chain is exactly what I would nope out off.
    I play BF games for combined arms and not infantry only

Tell that to the vehicle dudes that play "combined arms" by clicking pixels 50 times a round.
  • Rab4tZ
    67 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 20
    Hamada, Panzersturm, Fjell, Narvik, AL soon Dan Underground and all the pazific crap maps
    Post edited by Rab4tZ on