What BF1 Could Have Done Better

13»

Comments

• Ronin9572
    1057 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    normzzzzzy wrote: »
    Crying shame about the path BFV went down. It still baffles me as to why they took the route they did. I’ve said it a million times before... the game just lacks that battlefield soul and charisma that keeps me coming back for more 😩

I just wanted more after playing BF1. The addition of behemoths and elite classes were a welcomed addition in my eyes. Gave the game an extra bit of flavour. All the weapons/vehicles were great fun to use. The maps had the right balance and flow for players who liked to experiment with different play styles. Aaaand finally, there were tonnes of opportunity’s to create those “only in battlefield moments”

Not a moment went past when I thought to myself (if they could take this game and make it into WW2 setting I’d be super stoked) for example... having the Tirpitz as a behemoth. but nah, it’s like they ripped its soul out and compensated for the *newer battlefield player*

I hear you on this! I've been waiting 10+ years for a decent WWII game. BFV was a fail in that department, and I'm sure the next BF will be some modern/futuristic shooter. No thanks had enough of that over the last decade!
  • normzzzzzy
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    Crying shame about the path BFV went down. It still baffles me as to why they took the route they did. I’ve said it a million times before... the game just lacks that battlefield soul and charisma that keeps me coming back for more 😩

I just wanted more after playing BF1. The addition of behemoths and elite classes were a welcomed addition in my eyes. Gave the game an extra bit of flavour. All the weapons/vehicles were great fun to use. The maps had the right balance and flow for players who liked to experiment with different play styles. Aaaand finally, there were tonnes of opportunity’s to create those “only in battlefield moments”

Not a moment went past when I thought to myself (if they could take this game and make it into WW2 setting I’d be super stoked) for example... having the Tirpitz as a behemoth. but nah, it’s like they ripped its soul out and compensated for the *newer battlefield player*

I hear you on this! I've been waiting 10+ years for a decent WWII game. BFV was a fail in that department, and I'm sure the next BF will be some modern/futuristic shooter. No thanks had enough of that over the last decade!

Agreed the modern conflict has been rinsed and repeated! I had high hopes for BFV iswell. I just don’t know where it went wrong for the guys at DICE. They delivered on all battlefield titles and it’s like they just lost the motivation. I’m still under the impression that BFVs downfall was down to the fact of it not having a premium pass.
  • PSJackman4
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I think the Maus VIII Tank would be a excellent Behemoth for BFV. Actually pretty much every wacky  WW2 German super weapon would be a great behemoth tbh. 
  • PSJackman4
    edited January 21
    Ronin9572 said:

Idr? I am god damn sick of modern Battlefield games. The next installment will PROBABLY be set in modern times, and if so, I am not gonna buy it. People say that BF1 wAs BoRiNg because they are so fixed on modern FPS games. People also say that BF1 didn't have enough gun customization, which makes sense, but IT IS SET IN WW1!!!! They didn't have fricking lazer sights or LED reticles or what back then. It was a breath of fresh air when I heard that BF1 was set in WW1, I was bored by modern BF game after modern BF game. You know when COD fans were sick of futuristic games over and over? Im surprised that didn't happen to BF because we had Bad Company 1 and 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, and Battlefield Hardline, all modern games in a row. Since BFV flopped, Dice and Ea probably won't go back to WW2 anytime soon. Modern BF games did well so we will probably see another decade of those. Maybe we will get another WW1 based BF game since BF1 did so well.   
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4253 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 said:

Idr? I am god damn sick of modern Battlefield games. The next installment will PROBABLY be set in modern times, and if so, I am not gonna buy it. People say that BF1 wAs BoRiNg because they are so fixed on modern FPS games. People also say that BF1 didn't have enough gun customization, which makes sense, but IT IS SET IN WW1!!!! They didn't have fricking lazer sights or LED reticles or what back then. It was a breath of fresh air when I heard that BF1 was set in WW1, I was bored by modern BF game after modern BF game. You know when COD fans were sick of futuristic games over and over? Im surprised that didn't happen to BF because we had Bad Company 1 and 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, and Battlefield Hardline, all modern games in a row. Since BFV flopped, Dice and Ea probably won't go back to WW2 anytime soon. Modern BF games did well so we will probably see another decade of those. Maybe we will get another WW1 based BF game since BF1 did so well.   
    There was something 'refreshing' about BF1 and the simplicity of the guns. Feels like more of a level playing field when guns are fundamentally the same. A leveller. One thing many players HATE in BFV is a feeling that other players have levelled up guns to a place where they have a real advantage because they played more rather than because of skill. 
  • MarxistDictator
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Whenever they go modern they need to appease the hardcore shooter type that thinks spraying rounds in the general vicinity of a target with an assault rifle is the be all end all of skill and is the only viable weapon in game. So many weapons in BF4 and they are all almost completely useless at the role of pushing objectives, totally crushed by ARs in all categories. This is why they just made nerfed ARs all kit weapons, bandaid on a missing limb.

Helicopters are worth it though, so much more fun and higher skill potential than fixed wing aircraft with their ‘just learn how to fly in tight circles’ skill ceiling.
  • normzzzzzy
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PSJackman4 wrote: »
    (Quote)

This! The only exception of a modern iteration would have to be a new bad company, heck, I’ll be chuffed too bits if they could remaster the first 2.

You’re not wrong though. A lot of people were hating on that game simply down to the fact it wasn’t a modern shooter. BF4 was a great game don’t get me twisted but, the 24/7 only maps got soooo tedious after a while and it was damned near impossible to find any of the newer maps later on down the line.

• PSJackman4
    (Quote)

This! The only exception of a modern iteration would have to be a new bad company, heck, I’ll be chuffed too bits if they could remaster the first 2.

You’re not wrong though. A lot of people were hating on that game simply down to the fact it wasn’t a modern shooter. BF4 was a great game don’t get me twisted but, the 24/7 only maps got soooo tedious after a while and it was damned near impossible to find any of the newer maps later on down the line.

They if did do another Bad Company, then I would probably buy it, but if it is another generic modern Battlefield game, then I'm not buying. 
  • normzzzzzy
    (Quote)
    They if did do another Bad Company, then I would probably buy it, but if it is another generic modern Battlefield game, then I'm not buying. 

With you on that!

I’m just hoping they don’t follow the BFV formula.

If it plays anything like BF1 I’m interested
  • PSJackman4
    (Quote)

With you on that!

I’m just hoping they don’t follow the BFV formula.

If it plays anything like BF1 I’m interested
    Yeah, if they do some Bf1 Operations system with Russia invading the US in Alaska, then that would be amazing. Hopefully the campaign will be as good as the original Bad Companies. 
  • normzzzzzy
    (Quote)
    Yeah, if they do some Bf1 Operations system with Russia invading the US in Alaska, then that would be amazing. Hopefully the campaign will be as good as the original Bad Companies. 

A great game as a whole really. Awesome story and amazing multiplayer to go with it. You really got your moneys worth
  • PSJackman4
    (Quote)

A great game as a whole really. Awesome story and amazing multiplayer to go with it. You really got your moneys worth
    I think that the next BF game will be a make or break for the series as a whole. Because if BFV doesn't dig itself out of its giant pit, hopefully BF 2021 will do it instead. I think that BFV is doing well aside from the 5.2 patch fiasco, and I enjoy playing it every time I do. I think that I am the only fan that actually likes BFV a lot lol
  • normzzzzzy
    (Quote)
    I think that the next BF game will be a make or break for the series as a whole. Because if BFV doesn't dig itself out of its giant pit, hopefully BF 2021 will do it instead. I think that BFV is doing well aside from the 5.2 patch fiasco, and I enjoy playing it every time I do. I think that I am the only fan that actually likes BFV a lot lol

You’re not wrong mate.

It’s not that I hate the game as I still actively play it but, I just find myself losing interest after a few games. It doesn’t engage me as much as the other battlefield titles. You gotta admit... for a battlefield game it does feel half ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and lacklustre.

I’m not sure if DICE had other games to work on during BFVs production but they should’ve nailed the WW2 theme on the head as it’s where the battlefield franchise started. I had extremely high hopes for this game after playing BF1. BF1 is waaaay up there for me.

The addition of a battle-Royale mode left me scratching my head somewhat. It’s the least battlefield thing I could think of.
  • PSJackman4
    (Quote)

You’re not wrong mate.

It’s not that I hate the game as I still actively play it but, I just find myself losing interest after a few games. It doesn’t engage me as much as the other battlefield titles. You gotta admit... for a battlefield game it does feel half **** and lacklustre.

I’m not sure if DICE had other games to work on during BFVs production but they should’ve nailed the WW2 theme on the head as it’s where the battlefield franchise started. I had extremely high hopes for this game after playing BF1. BF1 is waaaay up there for me.

The addition of a battle-Royale mode left me scratching my head somewhat. It’s the least battlefield thing I could think of.
    Yeah, I doubt that anyone would get triggered if they didn't add women to BFV. At least COD WW2 somewhat felt like a WW2 shooter. And the BR mode has potential, if  they fix the inventory system then it would run more smoothly. I don't think that if the next BF is set modern times they would add a BR mode because it would be too similar to PUBG, H1Z1, etc..  
  • normzzzzzy
    (Quote)
    Yeah, I doubt that anyone would get triggered if they didn't add women to BFV. At least COD WW2 somewhat felt like a WW2 shooter. And the BR mode has potential, if  they fix the inventory system then it would run more smoothly. I don't think that if the next BF is set modern times they would add a BR mode because it would be too similar to PUBG, H1Z1, etc..  

For me personally it’s not the addition of women or cosmetics that spoils the game for me. Ultimately I don’t care about that, as that doesn’t effect how I play and enjoy the game. My biggest gripe is... how the game plays/feels. Doesn’t really feel like a battlefield game. Feels more like some sort COD hybrid. Everything about this game just feels tacked on and gimmicky.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How about not letting gas grenades permeate through any object.
  • PSJackman4
    How about not letting gas grenades permeate through any object.
    Yeah, I think that would have been easy to fix