Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    With all of the disagreement concerning the 5.2.2 update I thought this article was interesting given its stance on speaking your mind. While I think everyone who paid for this game should have their say concerning changes I also think thinks should be kept a bit more civil towards the devs. I mean, be upset and all if you have to but some of the posts here and on reddit border on being downright threatening and silly. Have a good one all.
    https://www.exclusivelygames.com/gamers-are-finally-getting-tired-of-developers-crap-and-thats-a-good-thing/
  • Celsi_GER
    861 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe some of the comments are so harsh just because people strongly dislike their supplier to remotely destroy the product they have purchased from him 1 year ago.
    And this is exactly what happened here.

I do not say that I agree with threatening. But I can understand all reactions "above" this.
  • Robin_Hood_One_X
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After quiting for a few weeks, I did come back to see if the patches would grow on me, however, I only find myself playing enough to complete the Tides of War. Maybe it's just the hope that they will revert between chapters 5 and 6, or perhaps it's my want to finish things that I start, but either way, the game definitely isn't as enjoyable anymore. The update was enough to force me to try other games though. I used to play at least 4 or 5 times a week, but find myself only playing once a week nowadays. I have since purchased modern warfare, but ironically find myself playing GTA V and Skyrim more than the both of these. I'm really not sure if there will be a reason for me to actually play the game in between chapters.
  • Mangrey
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wildbam wrote: »
     :o 
    still no announcement of reverting nor of an hardcore mode..  :#

since 5.2. I spend more time in the forums nowadays then Im playing the game.. ;/ @Braddock512
    @PartWelsh You said in another thread you ll meet the team. Did this already happen and did you address all the complains? We d like to know if there are any news of a roll back or a big change or even plans for a hardcore mode .. since we have those bullet sponges now..

my hopes start fading away....

@wildbam DICE just returned to work this week so they are most likely looking at the telemetry data and feedback first before deciding on a course of action.

Ahh the mythical telemetry data. The source of all knowledge about why this franchise went from having identity and a certain level of quality to...game as a service model, offering early access game experience with a AAA+ production pricetag.
    BlindChance in this case the telemetry data will show DICE how many people stopped playing post 5.2 which is the Churn data that drove the first TTK change and resulted in its subsequent reversion as well. Paired with the rather vocal feedback across multiple social channels and DICE will have a good idea of where the community is at both verbally and in practice.
    When you roll out a patch like this shows that Dice dont know any thing about there player base.
  • Robin_Hood_One_X
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    https://egmnow.com/end-of-an-era-why-im-quitting-battlefield-v/

Disheartening, but I feel what this guy is saying.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Good article! I think the writer accurately captures some of the dissonance that the 'traditional' BF players are feeling at the moment.
  • RyleyMA61
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17

I agree with every point he makes -I think I've said it in earlier posts. Battlefield is a sandbox game that rewards smart playing, not just close quarters shootfests for maximum kills.

hell, in BC2 you couldn't even check your kills/deaths mid game - only score - and had to wait to the end of round. I was dissapointed when they brought it into BF3.

Funnily enough - the only other game I play is PUBG (and in the last two weeks, Hell let loose - to try and fill the Battlefield-shaped hole)

I've never quit a BF title since BC2. I have my lounge set up specifically for the theatric experience only a BF game can provide. But since 5.2, I feel like I'm playing Destiny with WW2 skins.

It's just not fun. It's not engaging. I die and then check my phone for 3 minutes between respawning - there is just no love any more - made worse by still wanting to play - and realising it just sucks now.
  • S1n31ra
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Revert.
  • Celsi_GER
    861 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Revert to 5.0
  • TFBisquit
    2283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Most weapons are strongly outclassed with this patch. It forces players to a few good working ones. Punishing those that try something else for a change.
  • GrizzGolf
    1409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    5.0 isnt coming back. Its gone. 
  • I9sixty2
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So am I
  • BlindChance
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 20
    Great comment on reddit

“5.2 gave me 75+ GB of PS4 space by making me delete the game.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/er1gbk/i_love_52/ff0reou/?

I have no time for mediocre games like BFV any more. This is literally what I did. I just finished Outer Worlds. I absolutely loved my functioning alcoholic / charismatic gunslinger with a fear of heights experience in that game  :D Currently I'm playing through Metro: Exodus. From time to time I play a couple of matches of Hell Let Loose & Post Scriptum just to see how these games shape up. At least there is a sense of team work and community in these games. Also unlike DICE with their massive budget and multi-million dollars custom game engine, these guys have their excuses around why their games are early access or smaller in scale. No more BF frustrations.

• MAJWolfcookies
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • Jokerdef
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I9sixty2 said:
    So am I
    Ditto. Gone to BF 1 and other good games.