Gone back to BF1

13»

Comments

• FatherDed
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FatherDed wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Are you playing mostly Conquest? I did for a long time and at times found it the same - just going from flag to flag. If you are, give Breakthrough a try, the battles over each flag are intense, it's more focused, there's a real sense of 2 sides fighting for control. I don't know if it is by design but it almost feels like the game and maps are made to be played in Breakthrough rather than conquest.

I only play Breakthrough in BFV. Doesn’t hold a candle to BF1’s Operations.
    Wow. I'm amazed you play breakthrough and think its "quiet" lol
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FatherDed said:
    (Quote)
    Are you playing mostly Conquest? I did for a long time and at times found it the same - just going from flag to flag. If you are, give Breakthrough a try, the battles over each flag are intense, it's more focused, there's a real sense of 2 sides fighting for control. I don't know if it is by design but it almost feels like the game and maps are made to be played in Breakthrough rather than conquest.

Wow. I'm amazed you play breakthrough and think its "quiet" lol
    Probably has nothing to do with the game mode itself just the crappy audio in BFV.
  • Lotusninja_Akira
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I miss times when Battlefield developers had a clear vision, target audience in mind and they pursuited it. Big community is problematic. You can't please everyone and if you try you get a product nobody really likes but it's 'decent' to play. No real satisfication, just sufficient stuff to play. Lack of innovation has affected quality of gameplay, where to invent new wheel. I believe V did have some promising things in developemental phase which were scrapped thanks to those who feared change. It left Battlefield V to be a skeleton of what it was in a vision.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Went back to bf1 myself and realised one thing......The netcode is just as bad as battlefield v!
    Back to insurgency for me
  • NLBartmaN
    4464 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Went back to bf1 myself and realised one thing......The netcode is just as bad as battlefield v!

TTK2.0 and removal of some server locations made things worse in BF1 too yes.
    But not close as bad as in BFV, with its faster movement, lower FPS, etc ...

The problem is a combination of the netcode, no ping limits and the servers.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »

For me the netcode in BF1 is a breath of fresh air compared to BFV.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I went back to playing my Single Player games.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Deleted BF1. BFV has much better gunplay, pre or post TTK change. Planes aren't as OP, although they are getting close. Movement isn't a slog. Suppression isn't a thing. BF1 did content delivery better, wasn't as broken ,and SLRs felt powerful and not as spammable. That's about it. BF1 is still the first game I ever played where my sensitivity was at max. They intentionally tried to narrow the skill gap with snap on aim assist, low sensitivity settings, and slow movement. Just left a bad taste in my mouth after I experienced the BF3 like mechanics of BFV. That being said, if I had to recommend a game in which the user had to experience the complete life cycle, I would recommend BF1 a few times over.
  • JamieCurnock
    726 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    (Quote)

Yep agreed. I really like breakthrough but bf1 operations was much better. The atmosphere, the narrative etc just worked. There were some maps that were horrible though so it still had it's own problems, plus the last few dlc's didn't even have operations so I barely played those maps.

The main difference for me is the regrouping of attackers when the tickets bleed out, often that regroup is what pushes through the objective as everyone attacks simultaneously rather than in small groups/squads. This is my main issue with bfv breakthrough, when the attack gets stale and the defenders get stuck in you need an attack wave of more than a handful of people, the regrouping mid way through in bf1 did this brilliantly and was often the sole reason for turning the tide of a match.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 24
    One less cry baby go have a big sook you won't be missed
  • BtheReaper49
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If whenever the next BF game comes out and people praise how good BFV was compared to the new game then BF is in trouble. Regardless I think BF1 is a worlds better game than BFV. Better maps, better class balance, more variety of weapons, player movement, netcode (this is a big one for me and it's not even close between the two), atmosphere, graphics ( I can't stand the bright cartoonish color palette of BFV), fun factor, audio. I can't see any of this changing in BFV no matter how many updates they put out. For me the game is dead.

And how about that War Pigeons back in the weekly rotation? I think that game mode was so innovative and is so much fun. It may not be everybody's cup of tea but I absolutely love it!
  • Blackidus
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Played a bit last night after giving up to all the Type 2A´s, found my old favourite server still running Sinai Desert 24/7 and had a big blast from the past running around with the Martini Henry, so satisfying :)

Then I realised that Dice 4-5 maybe latest games has never felt "finished" at launch, why does it allways take almost 1-2 years for Dice to make their games feel finished? BF4 whas really broken at launch, BF1 whas really stable but lacked a lot in content, BFV is....... still broken and maybe still needs a year to get that "finished" feeling. The last game that felt a bit finished at launch whas BF3 maybe?
  • Moorlander
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 is instant fun; a real breath of fresh air compared to BFV.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    549 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got so tired of missing modes I want to play like rush and frontlines that I went and got COD MW. It needed a day 1 85Gb download so BF5 is now deleted and COD is in its place. It's an extremely different game, and I can sense how BF is trying to be COD and BF (stupidest business suicide move ever). I can play hardcore rush whenever I feel like it so that's cool. I still prefer BF1 over it though.
    So when the next BF is released, I take it we need to wait well over a year to purchase it. Lots of bugs ironed out, it costs us about one tenth of the original price, and we will be able to see reviews online explaining if it is even worth it. I am totally satisfied with BF1 for quite some time in to the future.