This is simply the best game ever made by EA.

124»

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    (Quote)
    If you died a lot before and still do then that is your baseline and you wouldn't. I reached a stage where I didn't die much but now rarely go up against anyone in a straight up fight with bolt actions, they stutter, I stutter, the end result is the same, my shot goes wide and I get hosed. That just didn't happen when the game ran smooth.

Hate to hear that but I have very few issues with the game and it runs fine for me. Honestly I’m not sure I have ever seen stuttering in BF1.

Oh you're on console, nevermind then, this is a PC issue.
  • FOOTFUNGI69ER
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yup! Hands down! I haven't played BF1 in almost 500 years and went to BF 5 and stayed there for quite a while. But, out of same old same old from BF 5 ( & I played all the BF series before), I found going back to BF 1 with the new maps were beautiful and the immersion on the game, graphics, landscape, cruising around in the old tanks and planes was incredible! I had to reload on BF 1 so I stared from newbie lvl 1 but love it so far and will stay for a while! IMO, waaaayyyyyyyy better than any other BF series and especially the COD series.
  • disposalist
    8764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    (Quote)
    If you died a lot before and still do then that is your baseline and you wouldn't. I reached a stage where I didn't die much but now rarely go up against anyone in a straight up fight with bolt actions, they stutter, I stutter, the end result is the same, my shot goes wide and I get hosed. That just didn't happen when the game ran smooth.
    Hate to hear that but I have very few issues with the game and it runs fine for me. Honestly I’m not sure I have ever seen stuttering in BF1.
    I've only had it when I had latency variation issues locally or the first few days of the French DLC when they introduced a stutter to do with mission tracking.

Very rarely get stuttering otherwise.
  • SlugSniper
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    Sarcasm. The thread title can only be sarcasm.

• ssjsnoop
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Battlefield 1 is the best BF game of all time and will never be topped.
  • GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just deleted BF V as I just have had enough of that shitshow...

And just came back today to BF1, and man did I enjoy it - So smooth and well oiled compared to BF V.
    It is IMO, not the best BF game ever (BF 2, BF1942, and BF 3 IMO were the best) But it is a damn good game in its own right, and definitely in the top 4-5 for me. Not sure if I liked BFBC2 better or not. 

Like others have mentioned, it does have its faults especially in ops, like the Muromets and the nade spam (Man I totally forgot how bad the nade spam is).  But overall, just a way more pleasurable fps experience than V, and not at all as random - Do not find myself getting killed as much by random bs or players being random places. 

On another note, coming from V, you are gonna reck in BF 1, just had 3 straight games as the top of my team and it felt easy, it is a lot more rewarding for skill plays IMO. If I am being smart and I make a good flank I am gonna get rewarded and not get shot by some rando hiding in a bush, or a Zero strafing me. 
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4253 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

And just came back today to BF1, and man did I enjoy it - So smooth and well oiled compared to BF V.
    It is IMO, not the best BF game ever (BF 2, BF1942, and BF 3 IMO were the best) But it is a damn good game in its own right, and definitely in the top 4-5 for me. Not sure if I liked BFBC2 better or not. 

Like others have mentioned, it does have its faults especially in ops, like the Muromets and the nade spam (Man I totally forgot how bad the nade spam is).  But overall, just a way more pleasurable fps experience than V, and not at all as random - Do not find myself getting killed as much by random bs or players being random places. 

On another note, coming from V, you are gonna reck in BF 1, just had 3 straight games as the top of my team and it felt easy, it is a lot more rewarding for skill plays IMO. If I am being smart and I make a good flank I am gonna get rewarded and not get shot by some rando hiding in a bush, or a Zero strafing me. 
    Could not agree more. Nice post. 
  • disposalist
    8764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 24
    ssjsnoop said:
    They had a chance to make a BF at least as good with BF5 and blew it.

I suppose since they managed to squeeze so many automatics into BF1 it was inevitable that 'modern' technology would flood into BF5 and ruin the balance. That and they couldn't resist re-inventing the wheel with an ex-CoD competitive infantry gamer at the head.

That's the problem with modern shooters: The technology available makes the combat boring as soon as they make it anything like realistic.

I think you may be right and BF1 may never be topped, because they were able to make it reasonably authentic and use the excuse of 'old technology' to make the gunplay and vehicles interesting and challenging.

I suppose the only other chance they have is to have a post-apocalyptic setting where they can limit the weapons by making them 're-built' or scarce.

To be honest after the mess they made of BF5 (and even BF1 with fundamental flaws like having no decent private servers and crap balancing systems) and the bad business practices EA (and DICE) have these days I don't hold out hope for the franchise at all.
  • GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ssjsnoop said:
    They had a chance to make a BF at least as good with BF5 and blew it.

I suppose since they managed to squeeze so many automatics into BF1 it was inevitable that 'modern' technology would flood into BF5 and ruin the balance. That and they couldn't resist re-inventing the wheel with an ex-CoD competitive infantry gamer at the head.

That's the problem with modern shooters: The technology available makes the combat boring as soon as they make it anything like realistic.

I think you may be right and BF1 may never be topped, because they were able to make it reasonably authentic and use the excuse of 'old technology' to make the gunplay and vehicles interesting and challenging.

I suppose the only other chance they have is to have a post-apocalyptic setting where they can limit the weapons by making them 're-built' or scarce.

To be honest after the mess they made of BF5 (and even BF1 with fundamental flaws like having no decent private servers and crap balancing systems) and the bad business practices EA (and DICE) have these days I don't hold out hope for the franchise at all.
    That's the main problem with V - It really shows that this was heavily influenced by a CoD guy.  Way too fast-paced for a BF game and all that over the top power sliding, even around corners... Just silly tbh. 
  • normzzzzzy
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hear hear!

I did miss using the support class without having to go prone to ADS. The mighty parabellum lives on
  • Ronin9572
    1049 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    (Quote)
    That's the main problem with V - It really shows that this was heavily influenced by a CoD guy.  Way too fast-paced for a BF game and all that over the top power sliding, even around corners... Just silly tbh. 

OMG the sliding is absolutely ridiculous! It irks me so bad I cannot even watch videos of ppl playing. I mean does your character have a greased up backside or a skateboard tied to your bum!
  • Hercules728
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The sliding and the horse footsteps are so lame. It's like a real bad cartoon . 
  • NelAraby
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GrinddalDDG wrote: » 
    I did miss using the support class without having to go prone to ADS. The mighty parabellum lives on
    I cannot agree more. I got over 1k kills on that beast. It excels long range and in close quarters.
  • normzzzzzy
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NelAraby wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I cannot agree more. I got over 1k kills on that beast. It excels long range and in close quarters.

The thing is a pure bullet hose and excels on maps like Argonne and fort de vaux!

The Lewis gun is also massively underrated. Probably one of the best weapons for that class in my opinion.