Stuck in downed state bug

rorypreston
240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Specifically - spawn into a plane at the beginning of a game - 20 second pause - plane spawns in half texture 20ft from the ground with no controls - crash into the ground - stuck in a downed state - restart game - repeat process. Every time now this has been since 5.2. Just in the base game though - mainly Panzerstorm and Al Sundan always, Hamada sometimes 

Comments

• ElliotLH
    9601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From what I gather it's a loading issue on those maps. Apparently if your squad gets wiped you should be able to respawn, but can't confirm that myself as it hasn't happened to me for a long time thankfully.
  • rorypreston
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    From what I gather it's a loading issue on those maps. Apparently if your squad gets wiped you should be able to respawn, but can't confirm that myself as it hasn't happened to me for a long time thankfully.
    since 5.2 it usually takes about 30 seconds after spawning for the textures to pop in and for guns to become available for me - like I can't return fire for 30 seconds which is beyond infuriating but at least I can take cover unlike planes :/ not good - thanks for the info though 
  • ElliotLH
    9601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 31
    (Quote)
    since 5.2 it usually takes about 30 seconds after spawning for the textures to pop in and for guns to become available for me - like I can't return fire for 30 seconds which is beyond infuriating but at least I can take cover unlike planes :/ not good - thanks for the info though 

That sounds incredibly annoying. I use an external SSD so that's why I avoid these particular problems, as I've usually loaded a good time before the match starts. That's not a solution really though so I honestly hope Dice fix it.
  • rorypreston
    ElliotLH said:
    (Quote)

That sounds incredibly annoying. I use an external SSD so that's why I avoid these particular problems, as I've usually loaded a good time before the match starts. That's not a solution really though so I honestly hope Dice fix it.
    I'm on console so unfortunately it's completely out of my hands - still no cheaters at least :) I'm shocked DICE haven't done anything about that for PC 
  • ElliotLH
    (Quote)
    I'm on console so unfortunately it's completely out of my hands - still no cheaters at least :) I'm shocked DICE haven't done anything about that for PC 

I'm on Xbox (think you might be too?) - I just bought an SSD and enclosure and formatted it on the Xbox to install games. It was a bit pricey but it's great to load games so quickly :)

Dice definitely do need to get a handle on PC cheating though as it seems horrific. Couldn't agree more.
  • rorypreston
    ElliotLH said:
    (Quote)

I'm on Xbox (think you might be too?) - I just bought an SSD and enclosure and formatted it on the Xbox to install games. It was a bit pricey but it's great to load games so quickly :)

Dice definitely do need to get a handle on PC cheating though as it seems horrific. Couldn't agree more.
    Ohhhh fair enough - I'm so in the dark when it comes to tech. I don't think I'm gonna fork out extra cash just to fix one game. Especially when you have no idea if the game you're playing today will be the same game you're playing tomorrow if you get me lol 
  • ElliotLH
    (Quote)
    Ohhhh fair enough - I'm so in the dark when it comes to tech. I don't think I'm gonna fork out extra cash just to fix one game. Especially when you have no idea if the game you're playing today will be the same game you're playing tomorrow if you get me lol 

Nah I wouldn't recommend it for BFV as people shouldn't pay more money for extra kit just to sort out a bug. Plus like you say it may not be the same game tomorrow haha. I just got it to use for all my games as I was sick of long loading screens haha.
  • smokiuaces214
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This happens to me, you're not alone. Terrible bug.