Autobalance

leftybaa1
42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Dice,

If you don’t have autobalance in the matches already it might be something you should look into. Certainly has made me disconnect and not come back as much.

Comments

• NASTYNEIL357
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When the teams get badly lopsided I just quite and find a full server again.
    It’s just plain annoying watching the scoreboard filling up one team making it 30v15 then even more players on the short team leave.
  • smokiuaces214
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trying playing breakthrough when the team is 18 vs 32. It's awful. Once you're getting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ kicked, as a whole, everyone starts leaving.
  • SixTouge
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I get the feeling it's something they can't change. I certainly don't know anything about coding, but it's hard to believe they wouldn't have attempted at least a tweak to the system, and I can't recall balancing ever being mentioned in the several patches that have come out.

The terrible mismatches are definitely in the relative minority of games, at least in my experience. When it does though, you're right, it's completely miserable. I've tried sticking it out to the next round, and often it still doesn't fill/balance both teams.
  • sabersun
    153 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they cannot manage to add new players to a server maybe they can merge two servers. It would mess up the map rotation for one team but otherwise it will be difficult since all games end at different times
  • NASTYNEIL357
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sabersun wrote: »
    If they cannot manage to add new players to a server maybe they can merge two servers. It would mess up the map rotation for one team but otherwise it will be difficult since all games end at different times

That’s a really good idea I always search by server and there’s quite a few with only a handful of players queuing in barren server probably went through auto match.

• Mishkin37
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can’t remember, but how does auto balance in BFV compare to BF1? I don’t remember if games were as lopsided.

I wonder if the fact that you can’t team switch anymore makes balancing worse.
  • ElliotLH
    9601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    I can’t remember, but how does auto balance in BFV compare to BF1? I don’t remember if games were as lopsided.

BF1 had a mid-round balancer added which moved recently join players, people not in a squad and players lower on the scoreboard across to the team with fewer players. Think it was added around either Turning Tides or Apocalypse being released, but might be wrong there. I felt it was an OK system but I seem to remember some people not liking it.

P.S. In case you didn't know Xbox players can still switch teams in BFV.
  • Mishkin37
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Correct. You can join on a player on the other team, right? Does Xbox have a dedicated option for joining the other team, or is it just the workaround I mentioned?
  • ElliotLH
    9601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Correct. You can join on a player on the other team, right? Does Xbox have a dedicated option for joining the other team, or is it just the workaround I mentioned?

Just the workaround you've mentioned. I get why they took away the actual team switch option, but it is sorely missed when I'm in lopsided matches.
  • SixTouge
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 balancing was great I thought, and even if some abused the team switch option, I never felt it effected the overall game.
  • leftybaa1
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SixTouge wrote: »
    BF1 balancing was great I thought, and even if some abused the team switch option, I never felt it effected the overall game.

Yep I concur
  • mmythra
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Every match I play my team are completely cornered; can’t get a look in at all. It’s a complete waste of time playing and it’s frustrating as hell , no enjoyment. Plus they need to get rid of the spotting as I’m constantly spotted!!!!!!!
  • LeesSummit09
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So many times in BF1, I would see our top player (we would be losing) all of a sudden show up on the winning team. Other times, I would finally get on a good team, only to be randomly switched to other team. People complained and that why it’s not in BFV. The good old days were not perfect as people would like to remember.
  • sabersun
    153 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    At least they could do a better job in filling servers and don't let them die after 4 matches