Aim Assist Auto Rotation. A solution for both sides of the argument?

l337RAGE
60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
With Aim Assist Auto Rotation (AAAR) being introduced by DICE as a method of making the game more accessible to new players and reducing the churn we now have a new meta on console where a player's gun skill is even less relevant leading to an overall problem where a new player with AAAR will still loose to a more experienced player who is also using it due to superior recoil control and their positioning. In other words there no advantage for the new player and even us experienced players who dislike having the game babysit our aim.
My solution?
Limit AAAR in multiplayer to players under a certain rank such as rank 10. This will enable a brand new player to compete against a seasoned player while the seasoned players will be forced to continue fine tuning their aim making them better players overall. While this solution might give a greater advantage to new players us competitive players will not have to worry about xim4s snapping us through smoke anymore. I feel that this is the only way that both sides can be satisfied and it will encourage all players to work on their aim greatly increasing the skill level of Battlefield players compared to the likes of Call of Duty.
@Braddock512 Sorry for the tag but I am desperate to get this auto aim stuff out of competitive play while at the same time give the franchise a chance to grow  

Comments

• The-Monz
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd rather they got rid of auto rotation altogether.
    Maybe introduce a few servers that limit the rank to 20 or something or have an un ranked server to practice.
  • l337RAGE
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The-Monz said:
    I'd rather they got rid of auto rotation altogether.
    Maybe introduce a few servers that limit the rank to 20 or something or have an un ranked server to practice.
    I would love nothing more that to have it gone for all but I doubt that fits in with DICE's need to retain new players hence why I feel a compromise would be the best to hope for. I am no infantry god but can hold my own but as soon as AAAR came in I was loosing way more gunfights. Turned it on after I found I was basically one of a few not using at and wow, my thumb is almost irrelevant it doesn't just snap it follows!
  • Mishkin37
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I guess I don’t really know what AAAR is. Is it like snap to aim? Is it on or off by default? When was it instituted?
  • l337RAGE
    Mishkin37 said:
    I guess I don’t really know what AAAR is. Is it like snap to aim? Is it on or off by default? When was it instituted?
    Yep it is like Call of Duty it will move your crosshair onto an enemy when you aim close to one. It will also follow and track the target. Combine that with the aim slowdown (Sensitivity reduced when your crosshair is over a target) and lazer guns and everyone on console can shoot like shroud
  • The-Monz
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

You can only turn it off in the options in the main menu called zoom snap to aim I think and was originally only for single player campaign.
    You can't adjust it if you pause in multiplayer game for some reason.
    I turn this to 0% but keep the slowdown on.
    Its annoying when you know you've been killed like this but I prefer to feel more in control of my aim even though I know it's not that good but how else would I improve if the game does it for me?
  • sabersun
    153 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wherever it is I cannot find it. My KD still is not where I want it to be :-)
  • The-Monz
    It's in advanced gameplay options from main menu.
  • l337RAGE
    The-Monz said:
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

You can only turn it off in the options in the main menu called zoom snap to aim I think and was originally only for single player campaign.
    You can't adjust it if you pause in multiplayer game for some reason.
    I turn this to 0% but keep the slowdown on.
    Its annoying when you know you've been killed like this but I prefer to feel more in control of my aim even though I know it's not that good but how else would I improve if the game does it for me?
    Used to run no aim assist despite being only slightly better than average. now i am forced to run zoom snap. Still staying away from slowdown as it ruins your muscle memory
  • The-Monz
    Fair play.I'd struggle even more without slowdown.
  • Mishkin37
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So I’m in the options:

Controls>Advanced>Soldier Aiming

My settings are:
    Aiming Left/Right Acceleration: 0
    Uniform Soldier Aiming: On
    Coefficient: 133%
    Zoom Transition Sensitivity Smoothing: On (Greyed Out)

Any clarity on what these actually mean/do?
  • The-Monz
    edited February 2020
    Aim acceleration is like aim smoothing the higher you set it the slower your stick reaches it's full sensitivity.Most people prefer to keep it lower like you as it feels more responsive.

USA attempts to make when you switch from hip fire to ads that it feels fluid between different scopes and fovs.Its good for muscle memory.

133% coefficienty is the default which is considered the best.If you set it higher it will feel more sensitive when zoomed and less sensitive if lowered.You can use it to fine tune your sensitivity.

The zoom transition is only used if you don't use USA it attempts to make the initial switch to ads feel similar sensitivity to hip fire like USA.
    Post edited by The-Monz on
  • sabersun
    153 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    See latest release notes for chapter 6, the auto snap will become adjustable
  • Mishkin37
    The-Monz wrote: »
    Aim acceleration is like aim smoothing the higher you set it the slower your stick reaches it's full sensitivity.Most people prefer to keep it lower like you as it feels more responsive.

USA attempts to make when you switch from hip fire to ads that it feels fluid between different scopes and fovs.Its good for muscle memory.

133% coefficienty is the default which is considered the best.If you set it higher it will feel more sensitive when zoomed and less sensitive if lowered.You can use it to fine tune your sensitivity.

The zoom transition is only used if you don't use USA it attempts to make the initial switch to ads feel similar sensitivity to hip fire like USA.

Thanks for the answers. That is more clear.

Apologies for all the dumb questions...

I guess I’m still confused then; which option in the menus is aim assist then? Is it “Zoom Transition Sensitivity”?

• OskooI_007
    1419 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's under gameplay settings. I believe you can only access both aim assist options from the main menu. Won't work if you're in a game.

Originally DICE removed aim assist auto rotation (snap to target) from multiplayer, but now they've added it again. So both options should work for multiplayer now.

rqe75kdy3pk11.png
  • Mishkin37
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    It's under gameplay settings. I believe you can only access both aim assist options from the main menu. Won't work if you're in a game.

Originally DICE removed aim assist auto rotation (snap to target) from multiplayer, but now they've added it again. So both options should work for multiplayer now.

rqe75kdy3pk11.png

Thanks! I probably wouldn’t have looked there.

• The-Monz
    You can change it in game since the new map was added.
    I think I might try 50% each and see how it goes.
  • Mishkin37
    edited February 2020
    Well I checked my options. I’m a 100% AAAR weenie. I feel dirty now.

But I’ll probably keep it...

I originally typed AARM. Guess I was thinking about Dwight!

• The-Monz
    Tried it and didn't like it.
    I'm just going to stick to slowdown as that's what I've got used too.