So whats the verdict on Solomon Islands map ?

Comments

• BeastofBourbon84
    756 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CQ is better than BT on this map.

I mostly play BT but on this map it's just wake island reloaded.
    Funny thing is we actually won the very first BT round, we never lost the first sector.
    Lose that and it's just hell for the defenders.
  • IIMechatronikII
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jungle map plays great on conquest. One of the best maps in BFV. I rank it right up there with Pacific Storm.
    Yea, it's like I'm on holiday!!! I loved Vietnam and this brings me right back. No planes, no orbital flares, and a tank and infantry brawl, love it so far!!! First match CQ, was down to something like 6 tickets left. Really hope it's not another Aerodrome. But to be honest, even if it is, it's a break from all the plane farming.  
    I knew that you will like this map. I think this map wont't be another Aerodrome 2.0 There is too place to flank. Imo conquest is way more better than BR.
  • smokiuaces214
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There should have been another map released with chapter 6. This is a fun map, but I don't imagine it will keep me entertained for the next couple of months.
  • TheMossChoppers
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jungle map plays great on conquest. One of the best maps in BFV. I rank it right up there with Pacific Storm.
    Yea, it's like I'm on holiday!!! I loved Vietnam and this brings me right back. No planes, no orbital flares, and a tank and infantry brawl, love it so far!!! First match CQ, was down to something like 6 tickets left. Really hope it's not another Aerodrome. But to be honest, even if it is, it's a break from all the plane farming.  

Can't agree more...especially about the planes
  • TheMossChoppers
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There should have been another map released with chapter 6. This is a fun map, but I don't imagine it will keep me entertained for the next couple of months.

Then dip in and out with the server browser and pick your favourite rotation...works my end on PS4

• Tip_the_Cap
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 4
    I only play Breakthrough, and it's the same old ish. Dont feel like I'm in a jungle. Just more open space, and the same old beaten paths. This map just isn't much different than the other Pacific's. Yet another map for quick twitch, full auto users to run around in circles on.

Disappointing.

Edit: The Americans still get too many tanks to start. It's like they dont learn anything from past mistakes, lol.
    Post edited by Tip_the_Cap on
  • smiggyg
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 5
    smiggyg said:
    Tank camping on Breakthrough is terrible! Getting spawn killed by camping tanks half a dozen times isn't a great 1st impression.
    Can't you and some others go assault and get those pesky tankers?

That's the point. They sit back out of reach from enemy players and keep resupplying their ammo. It's like sniping with a tank. Otherwise, I 'd totally agree. It's a non issue with Conquest.
    Post edited by smiggyg on
  • LeesSummit09
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lots of action and a Pacific map with no planes, I like it. Now just get rid of FLARES, they are killing the game(and please don’t reply, just shoot them down)
  • moose004
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just played one Conquest game so far, no BT yet, but on Conquest it plays very well.  Gotta watch for bush wookiees though, there's lots of places for 'em to get their ghillie suits out.  And it really is beautiful.
  • LeesSummit09
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh, but just like all maps, if on good team, fun, on bad team sucks. Just had breakthrough game. Opposition had 13 players over 100(2 of those over 200), we had 2 just over 100. Take three guesses how much fun that game was. It seems there are very few games where both teams are evenly matched and game is fun. So most of time, map design doesn’t matter, as one team is bulldozing the other.
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 5
    It's probably one of the better maps.  Reminds me of Far Cry for some reason.  More than the other Pacific maps did anyway.
  • BtheReaper49
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I used to care when new maps came out. I was fraught with anticipation.
    With BF5? Meh, who cares.
    When I get in a game I'm certain of two things:
    1. Getting instakilled (thanks for the COD twitchy deaths guys)
    2. Getting onto crappy servers that contain wonky gameplay and #1

Seriously they really need to forget about new content for awhile and get the game to at least a respectable and playable state
  • Foxassassin
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I tried seven servers earlier. Every single one had people cheating. Hard to base opinions on a map when your team is getting mown down in seconds by one or two people
    -
    From what I did play. I liked it. Going to be a pain to learn though
  • XRothbardX
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 5
    i tried playing again today after not playing for like a month. ive been playing some other AAA shooters and coming back to this is like a slap in the face. it doesnt feel AAA at all, i dont understand it because this team has done great things. where we go from here? with the terrible imbalance in the game from weapons to vehicles, bad performance and stuttering barely getting 144fps on a 2080ti 9900k, an overwhelming amount of bugs, and total lack of team balance and anti cheat it feels like a beta at best. i would think the only direction is up but, it seems like they continue to reinvent the bottom for this game. i can see how this coul be a fun map (it looks pretty except for the foliage rendering issues, dice games always look good)but,  if you dont have all the fundamentals that make a shooter game fun and perform on a certain level then everything else is for not. i guess i will come back when 6.2 drops with the hope that some actual fixes and balance changes are made to make this a better game. as of now this game is a complete disappointment to me.

Post edited by XRothbardX on
  • RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's probably one of the better maps.  Reminds me of Far Cry for some reason.  More than the other Pacific maps did anyway.
    Yeah me too, also reminded me a bit of Crysis.
  • stevebone123
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played a few rounds of cq and bt last night and found both modes very enjoyable due to not being farmed by planes, planes have stopped me playing bt altogether now but i realised how much ive missed it. There were lots of tanks but the elevated areas and flanking routes meant they were easy to avoid or ambush. Thumbs up from me.

• RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played a few rounds of cq and bt last night and found both modes very enjoyable due to not being farmed by planes, planes have stopped me playing bt altogether now but i realised how much ive missed it. There were lots of tanks but the elevated areas and flanking routes meant they were easy to avoid or ambush. Thumbs up from me.

Yeah its good fun without planes on this map.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A tank farming fiesta, especially in breakthrough where the attackers seems to get one each (same mistake as Wake Islands which they are at least tuning down after some months). It gets so restricted when one basically has to play assault just because the overwhelming number of tanks. There is a lack of field guns and the artillery guns are placed so that they cannot shoot the tanks but can be shot by them, basically like putting an AA on a hill only able to aim downwards.

The maps themselves are really good I think, would have been a 10/10 without tanks.
  • soobs58
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    at least there is no farming pilots,maybe tanks should have some sort of time penalty for staying too long in one spot,at least it would make them move.