[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• AwfulMcBad
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    It's a sad state of affairs though, they take pc money for sure, yet are wondering why players quit rounds and/or don't spend much on boins.
    Now with solomon islands I feel I'm constantly seen, yet I have a hard time seeing them. Especially the kills through bushes and smoke. While no spotting message.
    Some of that may be graphics settings.
    I play on Ultra even though it puts me at a disadvantage because I like pretty visuals.
  • NN_Buzz12
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m done. Who needs honest players.
  • QU4NT0R
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's super easy to spot cheaters with battlefield tracker.
    There are a handful of known cheaters that went from 1-2KDR to 6-10+ overnight, yet fairfight isn't catching them.

People are quitting out of servers when known cheaters come in, but they just hop from server to server as people leave.
    They're arrogant about it too, bragging about it in chat.

To be honest: My KD is also often jumping from 0.5-1 to 2-3.... Depends on what I'm doing... If I'm trying to do assignments with weapons I don't like or I'm not good with. If I have to do 25 hipfire kills in one round with the M2 or 6 in one life my K/D is going down into the cellar as I'm permanently trying to get into a proper range for trying.... but on a lot of maps you'll get shot from all sides... So I often fail hard on those...  ending rounds with something like 8:20... If I'm using my "regular" guns without doing assignments I'm performing way better (often 35+ to around 15)...  i.e. I tried for weeks to fullfill the P08-Mastery V Assignment which is asking for 7 kills in one life beyond 10 metres or 25 in one round... Try it with the actual TTK... It's close to impossible... So my KD went from 1.5 overall to 0.8 during these weeks (also in cause of the 5.2 TTK... Took me long to adapt)  As I personally don't give a .... about someones KD, esp. on my own.  The last 3 weeks I've stopped playing assignments without breaks and played some for me "normal" rounds, so my K/D has now gone up to 0.85 and rising...  So I didn't became a much more better player from one day to another... I'm just working myself back to my former level before I've started to do Mastery-Assignments.... But if you see my actual curve with all those up and downs (or a steady one upwards) then you might call me a cheater for no reason... 
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No, in general stats, not round stats. General stats take time to climb. Unless you're new to the game and haven't played much yet. Some have below 1.0 after months, and suddenly climb to 3 or 4 in short time.
  • AwfulMcBad
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    QU4NT0R said:
    It's super easy to spot cheaters with battlefield tracker.
    There are a handful of known cheaters that went from 1-2KDR to 6-10+ overnight, yet fairfight isn't catching them.

People are quitting out of servers when known cheaters come in, but they just hop from server to server as people leave.
    They're arrogant about it too, bragging about it in chat.

To be honest: My KD is also often jumping from 0.5-1 to 2-3.... Depends on what I'm doing... If I'm trying to do assignments with weapons I don't like or I'm not good with. If I have to do 25 hipfire kills in one round with the M2 or 6 in one life my K/D is going down into the cellar as I'm permanently trying to get into a proper range for trying.... but on a lot of maps you'll get shot from all sides... So I often fail hard on those...  ending rounds with something like 8:20... If I'm using my "regular" guns without doing assignments I'm performing way better (often 35+ to around 15)...  i.e. I tried for weeks to fullfill the P08-Mastery V Assignment which is asking for 7 kills in one life beyond 10 metres or 25 in one round... Try it with the actual TTK... It's close to impossible... So my KD went from 1.5 overall to 0.8 during these weeks (also in cause of the 5.2 TTK... Took me long to adapt)  As I personally don't give a .... about someones KD, esp. on my own.  The last 3 weeks I've stopped playing assignments without breaks and played some for me "normal" rounds, so my K/D has now gone up to 0.85 and rising...  So I didn't became a much more better player from one day to another... I'm just working myself back to my former level before I've started to do Mastery-Assignments.... But if you see my actual curve with all those up and downs (or a steady one upwards) then you might call me a cheater for no reason... 
    Buddy went from around 100-200 kills per day to 1300 in one day, then 400/day after that.
    For months he was 100-200 kills a day.

Nobody spikes like that.
  • Beliar_Baalreic
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There has been an ongoing wave of cheaters on the game since launch, and you guy haven´t done anything to correct that.
    every new tides of war, cheaters are brought back in mass to unlock the new cosmetics and weapons, reports don't do nothing, the anti-cheat doesn't work.
    You gotta do something, we are nearing year 2 if i'm not mistaken and if this thing continue like this i think that nobody will ever think on buying a new multiplayer game from EA/DICE until you work on solving that critical point in your games.
    We pay a AAA price especting a good quality product in all the aspects  so don't continue disappointing us.
    Remember that we as players make of you who you are as company.
  • GOGUMANDU
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Whats the procedure and what does dice do when players report hackers? Do you actually receive reports? Do you check the stats of suspected hackers? Do you enter the game as spectator mode so that you can really define whether its true or not? Or do you just do nothing and wait fairfight players give up??
  • Jinko_itx
    777 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
       I would first like to say that reporting a cheating during IN GAME play is absolutely tooooooo hard for most people to figure out. I had to take a picture of the cheaters name with my phone then wait till I was finished with the game to report him. Not sure if there is a easier way but I have to find the cheaters profile just to report him... Lets make it easier for people to report that would be a nice first step? Lets also updated the ANTI CHEAT. The current anti cheat system seems to be failing big time. Maybe a third party program like Punkbuster? it's a pain to get setup but it's worth the cheat free gameplay. Another idea is something like the CSGO model of anti cheat/account level... make your phone number and certain level of account to be primed allowing and making the accounts more of a issue when they get banned because they would need to buy the game again AND level the account up all over. Should deter A LOT of cheaters from going through the pain of leveling a account. Some of this is probably useless and not plausible but maybe a little of what I suggest can turn into something being done for this game. I'm sure ANYTHING other than what the anti cheat is doing now (doesn't seem like much because of the number of cheaters especially with the new content) is better than doing nothing and leaving everything the same......

I hope us players see some sort of anti-cheat or anything positive towards getting these cheaters banned or removed from the game. It's insane at this point.

Thank you,
     Player who enjoys the game but doesn't enjoy being cheated to the point of not wanting to load into the game.
    that is almost the suggestion I made, a 2 point verification system, since everyone and their grandmother owns a smartphone these days, you would need to verify your phone number to be able to play, cheaters will definitely not be able to buy a new phone every time they get banned.
  • Private_Tom_7
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I encounter chinese hackers every day.
    I want to segregate countries that are not officially sold.
  • Jeffy141
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tried to play a few games this morning in Singapore servers.
    2 Cheaters in enemy team using aimbots
    As I have been doing for the past 9 months I reported them.
    I wanted to try the new map,  but I am going to stop trying to play this game.
    It is just not enjoyable, cheaters are everywhere and the devs are powerless.
    Die BFV.
  • Jeffy141
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sad to say but instead of BF5, Im gonna play some Call of Duty Modern Warfare
  • jhong710
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why play a new map if there are at least two cheaters for every single asian servers, headshoting you at over 300m distance with a LMG doing 42-0 in the first 5mins of the game?
    At this point, you guys are selling an unfinished game that has no working anti-cheat system or usable report method. Today i encountered a lv.135 chinese cheater headshoting everyone with a new M2 carbine doing 100-2 in the first 10 mins of the game. Not only is your anti-cheat a trash, but your report system is also garbage. Not to mention the stupid report method that doesn't work.
    When you type 'Battlefield 5 cheaters' in google, the first thing that shows up is the ad for BF5 cheats. How careless do you guys have to be, to have a developer of BF5 cheats bragg about having 60723 community members in the first page of google?
    Please do something about this problem, the cheaters are destroying the game. Asian severs are just infested with level 20~60 cheaters that are ruining the game for everyone else.
    I just want a normal round of BF5. Please do something.

• ExMMed
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its getting unplayable, everytime you wait a while to get in a game.....then gets ruined within seconds.... it's over for me with BFV.
    Which is too bad cause I like the game a lot.

THanks EA, keep being busy spending your "well" earned money and let the players, who just want to play your beauty of a game, rot.... disgusting it is
  • OftenShot
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most likely a waste of time but a new survey is out. Make our feelings be known!

https://twitter.com/PartWelsh/status/1225752364520480768
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen some video recently and gotta say that I really feel for the pc players. I'm on ps4 and don't have to worry about hackers do I? I have seen some suspicious scores but whatever. 
     What I'm really wondering is why do they cheat? I don't understand how it can be fun. I'm very competitive and want to win ,but to cheat to do well? I honestly don't understand.
  • TeRRaN1VA
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7
    OftenShot said:
    Most likely a waste of time but a new survey is out. Make our feelings be known!

https://twitter.com/PartWelsh/status/1225752364520480768

Think PartWelsh can read the whole survey here on this  forum https://forums.battlefield.com
    no new survey is needed.

This discussion has been closed.