Think I'm done with this game after ten years.

OneLikeDarka
26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited February 2020
It's become an overly monetized mess, how they're structuring the gun unlocks now just screams give me money.

I didn't get the m27 pistol and doesn't look like I will because I couldn't be **** grinding a billion points when I have to work and sleep too, or paying a horrific amount of money.

Now it looks like all the weapon unlocks are the same tides of war or nothing system.

And its pushing me away. This game used to be fun, now it's not.

Comments

• Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can buy the Model 27 for Company Coins.
  • BassMan_PC
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2020
    You can purchase all weapons with company coins soon after the tides of war period is over.  So, don't worry if you missed out on any.  Just go to Replace Weapon under Your Company.
  • ForbidRhyme
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Braddock confirmed to me in a TWIB that all weapons would eventually be available with CC.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Solomon Islands is more then likely the last map for at least a couple months.
  • The-Monz
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On my first game of the new map.Someone in my squad was the new level 40 elite.
    How much did that cost?Its crazy to me but it must be quite common.
    I can sort of understand if you're only a few away and the chapter has nearly finished.
    I quite like leveling up the different rewards.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The-Monz said:
    On my first game of the new map.Someone in my squad was the new level 40 elite.
    How much did that cost?Its crazy to me but it must be quite common.
    I can sort of understand if you're only a few away and the chapter has nearly finished.
    I quite like leveling up the different rewards.
    I think it's around $60-70 to unlock all 40 lvls immediately.
  • g0merpile
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Greed has taking over the planet, all your valuable information is gathered up for the next paid service, that will fix the things. I can see it now, big overlay on the screen blocking your next perfect shot. WTG MR.GREEDY. 
    EA fairplay rule, NO RULES,  JUST PLAY WITH SPIT BALL GUNS (WE DONT GIVEAF)
    Thanks EA for giving your loyal behind the scenes players, the benefits of FAIRPLAY.  EA/Dice is the perfect example of breaking the fairplay meaning.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile wrote: »
    Greed has taking over the planet, all your valuable information is gathered up for the next paid service, that will fix the things. I can see it now, big overlay on the screen blocking your next perfect shot. WTG MR.GREEDY. 
    EA fairplay rule, NO RULES,  JUST PLAY WITH SPIT BALL GUNS (WE DONT GIVEAF)
    Thanks EA for giving your loyal behind the scenes players, the benefits of FAIRPLAY.  EA/Dice is the perfect example of breaking the fairplay meaning.

Because there is hardly any regulation in the gaming industry. The ESRB is completely broken. Publishers have freedom to do whatever they want. They can release broken products without consequences and milk every idiot that wants to buy Microtransactions.

Investors are just loving how the gaming industry has blown up. Washington could care less because they're all Old and think gaming is for Children so they think there isn't anything bad about Children's toys.

All while they prey on weak low self esteem gamers willing to Shell out loads of money for Microtransactions. EA made 1 Billion dollars on Microtransactions in 3 Months. Battlefield 6 is already doomed as it's confirmed to be Live service. I could go on and on.

Luckily there is some developers that are decent and aren't predators.
  • SirBobdk
    5343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Never understood why people would waste money on skins, but I'm ok with it as long as it dont have an impact on the game. 
    I feel like Dice have spend more time on creating a system for the sake of the system and not gameplay. CC, assignments, unlocks, Tow, upgrade trees, customization.
    If they dont have the ressources or time to make a quality game then they should ditch all of these unnecessary things and concentrate on map design, AC, balance and gameplay. 
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Never understood why people would waste money on skins, but I'm ok with it as long as it dont have an impact on the game. 
    I feel like Dice have spend more time on creating a system for the sake of the system and not gameplay. CC, assignments, unlocks, Tow, upgrade trees, customization.
    If they dont have the ressources or time to make a quality game then they should ditch all of these unnecessary things and concentrate on map design, AC, balance and gameplay. 
    I’m not sure if DICE today knows how to make a quality Battlefield game in the first place. Besides these days the actual game is just the hook to get the more vulnerable players into the whole psychological trap at the core of live service titles. 

As far a monetisation is concerned it’s a massive focus for EA. God knows what they had planned for BFV, lucky for us StarWars BF2 crashed so hard I’m sure they had to rethink how they’d get the micro transactions flowing from core titles.
  • snakeater418
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Playing the game is alright, most of the time. It is entirely possible to play other hames, sleep, go to work, and other regular chores and still level up enough to get level 40 within the time. Completing your weekly challenges gives the most XP for this.

On the other hand it is disheartening to see all of these players who have paid a decent chunk of change for aesthetics. But that's what happens when make all the add ons free.

They should just bring back premium.